Playoffs 2010: Western Conf Finals, Game 2 – Suns At Lakers Game Thread

AZ Sports Native

It's a dry heat.
Reaction score
Gentry made a real bonehead move in this game by putting Frye back in the game and sticking with a pathetic, listless, disinterested Amare.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So the team with the best record in the West wins both games at home. Not really surprising if you think about it.

It just proves that even though have some weird things that always happen when we play the Spurs, they are clearly not a good team. We are a good team, but we're just not a great team like the Lakers.

We've still far exceeded most everyone's predictions, so at least there's that and after the sting of this loss, we'll still have that.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers succeeded in protecting home court. Hopefully the Suns can do better at home.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A game after giving up 128 points, our "improved" defense gives up 124. Amare finishes with more turnovers than defensive rebounds. JRich and Hill with great games, but it didn't matter. It would be hard to believe that Amare and Frye could play worse than in game 1, but they both did.

NDSunsfan

Registered
Reaction score
I hate to admit it, but I kind of feel this as well.

ditto. for every game amare plays with passion and puts up nice numbers against lesser opponents, he absolutely stinks when he needs to step up. every single time.

let him go. i'd rather go with lou and lopez and some marginal #4 than amare. his complete and utter lack of effort show who he is.

he's dead to me.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Utterly pathetic 4th quarter by the Suns on both offense and defense. :(

Embarassing defense by the Suns as the Lakers again shot 58% for the game. :rolleyes:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
some bad calls both ways. officiating was fair. we cant use that excuse.

blame is on frye and amare.

its just that we get lost on rotations, and we need to mix up our double teams.
we cant show a double everytime.
reminds me of the situation we had with spurs in the previous years.

Last edited:

NDSunsfan

Registered
Reaction score
lakers are better than suns. way way way better. having said that, i don't think i've ever hated anyone, anything or any team more than i hate the lakers. even when the spurs were ripping my heart out every other year for what seemed like a decade, i didn't hate them as much as i hate the lakers.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plain and simple the Lakers are a great team. The Suns have had a great run but this clearly shows that the Suns are definitely a full tier below the great teams in the NBA.

The Series is over. There is ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO chance the Suns can win 4 out of the next 5 games against the Lakers.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Lucky" Odom with 17 points and 11 rebounds vs 18 points and 6 rebounds for "Max contract" Amare. :rolleyes:

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
some bad calls both ways. officiating was fair.

its just that we get lost on rotations, and we need to mix up our double teams.
we cant show a double everytime.
reminds me of the situation we had with spurs in the previous years.

From a more than casual observer ( 2nd fav team), all the rotations started and stopped with A'mare. Looks like this guy is on a 1-2 second delay on every play.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
Amare's mother texted Amare before the game....said she #$%^@# Delonte West and got arrested again.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the two biggest choke artists, are the two guys on this team seeking more $$$$.

what a joke they are. they are not big time.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Plain and simple the Lakers are a great team. The Suns have had a great run but this clearly shows that the Suns are definitely a full tier below the great teams in the NBA.
I think the fact that most predicted the Lakers to win the series acknowledges that. But still we have a right to expect a little more competitive series than what we've seen so far. The Lakers are playing like a championship team. Sadly, we are playing like a lottery team. That's how you end up with two double-digit losses and two 120+ point games given up.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Dragic, Barbosa can't make jumpshots plain an simple. Have no idea how to run an offense and get out of control easily.

They don't even come close. Their one 4th quarter against San Antonio was the definition of a fluke.

They were 2-15 combined.

That and we can not guard anyone on the Lakers. Nash can not even guard Fisher. Amare can not guard Gasol or Bynum. Nobody can guard Kobe on his own and even Artest is a problem.

The only one capable of somewhat guarding his own man is Robin Lopez.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gentry made a real bonehead move in this game by putting Frye back in the game and sticking with a pathetic, listless, disinterested Amare.

This. Frye should not have come back in the game. In fact, I'm not sure he should play from here on out. Every time he comes in, it goes from being a competitive game to the Lakers running away with it. He has been a momentum killer and one of the Laker's best players. I don't know if I've ever seen a player affect a game so negatively for their team. Also, I thought Amare should have been benched in favor of Lopez. At the very least, maybe it would have sent a message to him to wake up, and I thought Lopez has been playing effectively.

NDSunsfan

Registered
Reaction score
suns are way closer to a #8 seed than they are to a #1. i guess we all kind of figured that during the season, but there's always that glimmer of blind hope a guy holds out......

.....it was a good run.........

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Is there ANY chance the Suns could obtain Bosh? Bosh is the missing piece IMO. Pair him with Lopez and watch them dominate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave