Gameday thread Jets at Cardinals 10-17-16

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOVE that BA is still mixing up the play calling and keeping Juke from getting killed. Great to see Taylor in there now.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
******* BA has ZERO business throwing the rock right there!:bang: Hope JB is ok

Wtf seriously

It's football and you cannot stop playing football, that just happens on a weird play in my opinion and Stanton gets a throw in for his own benefit being a QB in a game is not stupid my fellow Texan

Last edited:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes!!!!!!! Good game Cards!! :) Great to be back at .500 with a 3-3 record. :)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It's football and you cannot stop playing football, that just happens on a weird play in my opinion and Stanton get a throw in for his own benefit being a QB in a game is not stupid my fellow Texan
I'm sorry Jet but you don't throw the ball with 3 mins left up 28-3. Stupid

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was a great win for our Cards.

David Johnson is a beast and a difference maker.

Bettcher called a fantastic game and had a great game plan.

Back up OG's stepping up and playing very well. Good job Goodwin.

John Brown had a nice game and Floyd made enough plays to make us happy.

Minter and Bucannon both had good games.

Swearinger gets a game ball.

Nice pick by the HB and although he got beat at times he also showed so quickness, he is rounding back into form.

Fitz always delivers and brings that something special to every game.

Floyd, is this his return to form game?

JJ Nelson was huge during that one drive and contributed a decent amount the entire game.

BA calls a great game and comes in with a great game plan.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
First time beating the Jets since 1975.

I was surprised to see this, checked it out and sure enough it is right. Significant for me since this was my first Cardinal game ever as a 9 year old and when my dad taught me the rules of the game. 37-6 Cardinals who totally dominated the Jets. An interesting piece of trivia is that Jim Hart threw for a perfect QB rating in this game, something I found out only recently.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yes, the Jets have problems but we controlled the game and beat them in a physical manner as we should... that was a great win for the Cards :newcards:

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
This was total domination. I thought the season was over, now they control their destiny to get right back in the race next week.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
It's been 1977 since we won in Viking land:shocker:

I remember that game too, total domination against a team that was very consistent during the 70s. And 316 rushing yards. I was wondering what the Cardinal record is for rushing in a game. Then I looked at the 79 game (that year they were only 5-11) where they beat the Vikings 37-7 and they rushed for 325.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably 3 mistakes kept this team from being 5-1, but hey it is was it is

Yeah, the Rams game was just as winnable as the Pats game.

But, we control our destiny, no matter what anyone else does. I remember seasons where I was actually excited we were .500, after oh, about game 2 or so. :)

I felt bad for Bowles, but very happy for our team. The Jets were sloppy and the effort was lacking, I thought. We did exactly what you have to do to a team that is in the dumps. Give them no hope.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like Arians was taking it easy on Bowles tonight? I mean did we throw deep at all? 31st against the pass and we run the ball all night, I'm am all for running the ball and winning but it definitely seemed like Arians didn't want to embarrass Bowles too much. I have no doubt if this game was against say Seattle instead of Bowles we would have put the petal to the metal so to speak! This looked like Bruce decided to keep it in second gear all night.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like Arians was taking it easy on Bowles tonight? I mean did we throw deep at all? 31st against the pass and we run the ball all night, I'm am all for running the ball and winning but it definitely seemed like Arians didn't want to embarrass Bowles too much. I have no doubt if this game was against say Seattle instead of Bowles we would have put the petal to the metal so to speak! This looked like Bruce decided to keep it in second gear all night.

Nah, I believe BA may have turned the corner and knows what he has in the running game. I will have to eat crow for this as I said he wouldn't change, but he did in this game. I think he know the passing game isn't the same(or Palmer isn't the same) and the running is light years better then it has ever been, so he is using the strength of the team rather then trying to push the pass when he doesn't need to.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
After watching years and years of a nonexistent run game, lots of pass yards and few victories, I am totally fine with a game like this. The pass game has too many weapons, it will come back around.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was surprised to see this, checked it out and sure enough it is right. Significant for me since this was my first Cardinal game ever as a 9 year old and when my dad taught me the rules of the game. 37-6 Cardinals who totally dominated the Jets. An interesting piece of trivia is that Jim Hart threw for a perfect QB rating in this game, something I found out only recently.

I was at that game also. Was 17 at the time.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah, I believe BA may have turned the corner and knows what he has in the running game. I will have to eat crow for this as I said he wouldn't change, but he did in this game. I think he know the passing game isn't the same(or Palmer isn't the same) and the running is light years better then it has ever been, so he is using the strength of the team rather then trying to push the pass when he doesn't need to.

Maybe, but again if that were another team with such poor numbers against the pass... Arians would have been throwing deep shots often, especially with the run game working like it was. IMO he clearly wasn't trying to get Bowles fired or embarrass his D too much. It could have been much worse if Arians picks on their secondary.