Current (post draft) Roster

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George King signs a two-way contract. This may have already been reported.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not all at once like that.

Well of course they didn't all follow him at once. We're talking about 3 different players with 3 different accounts. It's much easier for 1 player/account to turn around and follow 3 players within a minute or two of each other.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Suns have a LOT of interesting young players.
Looks like they're going to have to make some tough decisions.
They've drafted 10 players over the past 3 seasons.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Ayton
Ariza
Jackson
Booker
Knight (sigh)
Warren
Bender
Bridges
Chriss
Chandler
Harrison
Okobo
Reed
King (2-way)

That's fourteen.

Hopefully we can package Knight and Warren plus some fillers (not picks) for a real PG and a bad contract (to be released). Then we can add Sauce or Cooley. Not holding my breath though McD has impressed before.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton
Ariza
Jackson
Booker
Knight (sigh)
Warren
Bender
Bridges
Chriss
Chandler
Harrison
Okobo
Reed
King (2-way)

That's fourteen.

Hopefully we can package Knight and Warren plus some fillers (not picks) for a real PG and a bad contract (to be released). Then we can add Sauce or Cooley. Not holding my breath though McD has impressed before.
Which point guard do you have in mind?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo said yesterday before the game that the Suns were trying to free up a roster spot so someone is coming via trade/fa/summer league for sure.

My guess is that Chandler / Dudley are out.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess is that our best pg pick up is going to be this guy. He is slow, he is not a great defender, but he can pass and shoot.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
S

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Ayton
Ariza
Jackson
Booker
Knight (sigh)
Warren
Bender
Bridges
Chriss
Chandler
Harrison
Okobo
Reed
King (2-way)

That's fourteen.

You're missing Dudley.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton
Ariza
Jackson
Booker
Knight (sigh)
Warren
Bender
Bridges
Chriss
Chandler
Harrison
Okobo
Reed
King (2-way)

That's fourteen.

You're missing Dudley and Daniels. This is how I see the roster...

PG - Knight/Okobo/Harrison
SG - Booker/Reed/Daniels
SF - Warren/Jackson/Bridges
PF - Ariza/Bender/Dudley
C - Ayton/Chandler/Chriss

With King as a Two-Way player and probably Peters or Cooley with the other Two-Way deal. That's all 17 spots, used up.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're missing Dudley and Daniels. This is how I see the roster...

PG - Knight/Okobo/Harrison
SG - Booker/Reed/Daniels
SF - Warren/Jackson/Bridges
PF - Ariza/Bender/Dudley
C - Ayton/Chandler/Chriss

With King as a Two-Way player and probably Peters or Cooley with the other Two-Way deal. That's all 17 spots, used up.
We are going to pick up Teodosic or Beverley, whichever one the Clips discard. So you will have to open up a roster spot. I would prefer to cut Dudley or Chandler but otherwise, it will be Daniels, I think.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Thanks, poop.

I don't have any particular PG in mind. I just see that the roster looks unbalanced. That Milos cat seems like a good passer. Let Shaq be his pesky sub.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are going to pick up Teodosic or Beverley, whichever one the Clips discard. So you will have to open up a roster spot. I would prefer to cut Dudley or Chandler but otherwise, it will be Daniels, I think.

I doubt they keep Harrison and Okobo, especially if they add Beverly or Teodosic. Okobo is signed, he's locked in basically. Harrison's deal isn't guaranteed and will be the odd man out. We won't carry 4 PG's though. Shaq may end up on a Two-Way deal if they really like him but he won't be retained on the main roster if we can add a veteran PG.

Daniels can probably be traded. I don't he should be waived. He's on such a low salary I think someone would actually pick him up off waivers. He's making $2.5 million and can nail 3's. That will get him a spot on someone's team. I don't think he'd bring back more than a 2nd round pick but that's fine. I could see him dealt for "cash considerations" also.

Harrison is the easiest and cheapest way to free up a roster spot though. Daniels will probably be dealt as part of a larger trade that sends Chandler or Warren out. I'd be surprised if he's waived though since he's cheap and has some value.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I'm no fan of Beverly so I would rather have Tedo. Finally a Milos on our team.

You must be registered for see images attach

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly. If we are going to move TJ Warren, the time is probably now. His minutes and numbers are going to go down next season. His value is probably peak right now, even if it is not that high.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns have been working on a trade for awhile. They might be waiting for a 3 team trade to materialize or roster moves by other teams.

I do think one of Chriss or Bender will be traded among others. There is a reason the Suns have not been playing Chriss.

Unless the Suns decide to trade Harrison I can't see him being waived. He has totally bought into the Suns defensive scheme.

Here is how I see the roster (not particularly concerned about position labels) before trades:

C: Ayton, Chandler
PF: Bender, Chriss, Dudley
SF: Jackson, Warren, Ariza, Bridges
SG: Booker, Daniels, Reed
PG: Knight, (trade), Okobo

Two-way players: King and Harrison

Trade candidates: Dudley, Warren, Reed, Daniels, Bender or Chriss

It would be nice to add Cooley after trades are made.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think the Suns have been working on a trade for awhile. They might be waiting for a 3 team trade to materialize or roster moves by other teams.

I do think one of Chriss or Bender will be traded among others. There is a reason the Suns have not been playing Chriss.

Unless the Suns decide to trade Harrison I can't see him being waived. He has totally bought into the Suns defensive scheme.

Here is how I see the roster (not particularly concerned about position labels) before trades:

C: Ayton, Chandler
PF: Bender, Chriss, Dudley
SF: Jackson, Warren, Ariza, Bridges
SG: Booker, Daniels, Reed
PG: Knight, (trade), Okobo

Two-way players: King and Harrison

Trade candidates: Dudley, Warren, Reed, Daniels, Bender or Chriss

It would be nice to add Cooley after trades are made.
Why Cooley? They guy is a fun player, but hardly NBA material. Big Sauce would be much better and probably for the same money.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why Cooley? They guy is a fun player, but hardly NBA material. Big Sauce would be much better and probably for the same money.

I wouldn't be upset if the Suns added either player. Cooley has a nastiness factor I like.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Williams is an actual NBA player, Cooley is an adorable side show.

I'm not going to bother to get into an actual debate about it because I'm about 10,000% sure Cooley won't be on the roster... but... you guys are being silly.

The Summer League... oh... the Summer League. I bet there are a lot of really amusing summer league threads from the past.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Williams is an actual NBA player, Cooley is an adorable side show.

I'm not going to bother to get into an actual debate about it because I'm about 10,000% sure Cooley won't be on the roster... but... you guys are being silly.

The Summer League... oh... the Summer League. I bet there are a lot of really amusing summer league threads from the past.

Alan Williams went undrafted and began his career in the summer leagues.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I think they're comparable but I'd prefer Williams since he's been here and he's a Phoenician and well liked.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Cooley got more than a Two-Way contract I don't think the Suns are as serious about winning as they've claimed. He may end up being a Lou Amundson type of player in the NBA but I doubt it. Lou was actually decent for a year or two. Cooley is a high energy 12th man that is sort of like a Pat Burke. Hopefully he wouldn't be a sideshow act like Burke became but at the same time, I'd love to see the Suns blow teams out enough that Cooley can come in and play to the crowd.