Current (post draft) Roster

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Who do we have under contract now. I have...

Knight / Okobo / Harrison
Booker / Bridges / Daniels / Reed
Jackson / Warren / King
Ariza / Bender / Chriss
Ayton / Holmes / Chandler

I think that's everyone with a rough guess at depth chart. Did I miss anyone? I think everyone else is a RFA or UFA (Ulis, Len).

EDIT: Removed Williams and Dudley, added Ariza and Holmes. Moved some names around based on depth.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who do we have under contract now. I have...

Knight / Okobo / Harrison
Booker / Daniels / Reed
Jackson / Warren / King / Dudley
Bridges / Bender / Chriss
Ayton / Chandler / Williams

I think that's everyone with a rough guess at depth chart. Did I miss anyone? I think everyone else is a RFA or UFA (Ulis, Len).
The worst passer on that starting roster is the pg.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are there any trade rumors out of local sports media?

I wonder if Orlando would take Warren back in a S&T for Gordon.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need a legit NBA PG in the worse way. Dragic, Wall, Kemba whoever come on Suns put a package together

OP
OP
S

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/PHO.html

Weird, it says Shaq's contract ends but elsewhere it's reported he has a multi-year deal. Peters is on a 2 way deal, not sure if it carries on this year?

Anyways, there's a lot of bodies on the team, so if there's any FA signings we'll have to shed some of them. Most obvious ones are Reed and Harrison (and I guess Peters if he's on the team).

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guaranteed contracts or likely:
Knight, Okobo
Booker, Daniels
Jackson, Warren, Bridges
Bender, Chriss, Dudley
Ayton, Chandler

That's 12.

Non Guaranteed:
Williams, Reed, Harrison, Ulis, King

Free agents:
Len, Payton, Peters, House, Canaan

There should be some movement during free agency. It'll be interesting.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/PHO.html

Weird, it says Shaq's contract ends but elsewhere it's reported he has a multi-year deal. Peters is on a 2 way deal, not sure if it carries on this year?

Anyways, there's a lot of bodies on the team, so if there's any FA signings we'll have to shed some of them. Most obvious ones are Reed and Harrison (and I guess Peters if he's on the team).

Shaq's contract is not-guaranteed. It shouldn't really be counted for next season because the chances of him sticking around are pretty slim.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shaq's contract is not-guaranteed. It shouldn't really be counted for next season because the chances of him sticking around are pretty slim.

Plus renouncing/waiving him won't inhibit our ability to resign him later like it would with Payton because you can sign minimum contracts even if you are above the cap.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really feels weird for the Suns all of the sudden to have the luxury of letting some folks go verses desperately seeking to fill roster spots. We still have some needs but they are targeted needs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone who seriously wants Ball on the Suns needs to spend ten minutes watching a game footage montage of his shot. Don't do it on a full stomach.

Lonzo Ball is really not good at all

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone who seriously wants Ball on the Suns needs to spend ten minutes watching a game footage montage of his shot. Don't do it on a full stomach.

I read somewhere that he is right-handed, but left-eye dominant. This presents problems for firearms shooting as well, but luckily you can close your dominant eye while shooting to eliminate the issues it causes.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

We will agree to disagree, but this team needs a facilitator and Balls court vision is out of this world, him leading a break lobbing to Ayton, Booker and Bridges sinking shots on them, he doesn't have e to be the man, he can use his most important attribute, pushing the ball down the court. Everyone bashes me backing the trade, but what is a better option for the Suns to land a PG?

Rozier, Payton, Dragic, Schroeder who is out there?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would solve a lot of problems if the Suns keep Payton.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We're not going to be world beaters this season, so I have no problem trotting out a healthy Brandon Knight and Elfrid Payton (with Shaq preferably as the 3rd PG) at that spot this season.

The only radical idea I'd try is luring Lebron here to be a point forward. ;). Can you imagine?

Lebron
Booker
Jackson
Bridges
Ayton

Holy crap.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I read somewhere that he is right-handed, but left-eye dominant. This presents problems for firearms shooting as well, but luckily you can close your dominant eye while shooting to eliminate the issues it causes.

That may be, but (a) I can't believe that there aren't other players in the NBA who have overcome the same issue, and (b) his form is the main problem, and that's not due to subtleties of aiming.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That may be, but (a) I can't believe that there aren't other players in the NBA who have overcome the same issue, and (b) his form is the main problem, and that's not due to subtleties of aiming.

Agreed on the form. Also closing one eye will not work with basketball shooting as it would eliminate depth perception causing additional problems.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except Payton isn’t very good.

Use the excess assets you have in Warren/Chriss/picks and go after a more established PG.

I think Payton is a solid PG and can run the Suns just fine if there are not any unknown issues. He can pass the ball and get to the rim with ease. I'd rather have him than, i.e., Rondo.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We will agree to disagree, but this team needs a facilitator and Balls court vision is out of this world, him leading a break lobbing to Ayton, Booker and Bridges sinking shots on them, he doesn't have e to be the man, he can use his most important attribute, pushing the ball down the court. Everyone bashes me backing the trade, but what is a better option for the Suns to land a PG?

Rozier, Payton, Dragic, Schroeder who is out there?

He's a horrible shooter and I mean bad like historically bad. He's a PG who shoots 43% from the free throw line that's worse than Shaq. You can't even have your PG in at the end of games that's unheard of. He's below average on defense aswell. He's really not a good basketball player

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McDonough said he is going to use the CAP space to upgrade the Suns roster. The Suns are going to get even better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose