Timberwolves @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread 4-28-2024 - Game 4

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the first time the Suns have been swept since 1999.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Here I was worried about the Suns not having an identity. When in reality getting embarrassed in the playoffs has been right in front of me all along.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but he is only a part of the problem. The team needs more and better players.
Kevin indicating, he hated how we was being used and not to his strengths, Beal slapping Vogel's hand and word that players would roll their eyes at Vogel? Sure would be a great place to start.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I understand. It's all too clear. The Suns sold their soul for some cotton candy.
Teams with a soul don’t get humiliated in the worst Game 7 home loss in NBA history.

Whatever soul this team had, it lost the second CP3 turned 37 and he forgot how to play basketball… which happened before the KD trade. Sadly, whatever chance they had of finding a soul in the future got destroyed by that trade as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin indicating, he hated how we was being used and not to his strengths, Beal slapping Vogel's hand and word that players would roll their eyes at Vogel? Sure would be a great place to start.

Personally, I would have fired Frank Vogel earlier, replaced him with an interim head coach and tried to salvage the remainder of the season. Kevin Durant is not getting any younger.

Hopefully, this would have led to better results in the playoffs. The Suns were a team without a rudder.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams with a soul don’t get humiliated in the worst Game 7 home loss in NBA history.

Whatever soul this team had, it lost the second CP3 turned 37 and he forgot how to play basketball… which happened before the KD trade. Sadly, whatever chance they had of finding a soul in the future got destroyed by that trade as well.
Yep. This team's issues did not start with the Durant trade by any stretch.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Personally, I would have fired Frank Vogel earlier, replaced him with an interim head coach and tried to salvage the remainder of the season. Kevin Durant is not getting any younger.

Hopefully, this would have led to better results in the playoffs. The Suns were a team without a rudder.
I knew we were in trouble the moment at the end of that first Spurs game where Durant grabbed the rebound with whatever it was, ten seconds to play, and got stripped because idiot Vogel didn't call an immediate timeout to move the ball upcourt.

I mean seriously, that is like basic high school coaching 101. How a coach at this level isn't just reflexively programmed to do that without even thinking is mind boggling. I just remember immediately reacting at that moment "Oh oh, we may be screwed this year"... and sure enough.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If anyone was expecting more from Nurkic they must have not followed his history of injury.

He actually played better than I thought he would.

Oh let’s not act like a lot of this board didn’t talk like Nurkic was the second coming

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, but he [Vogel] is only a part of the problem. The team needs more and better players.
After game 3, I mentioned our bench played 60 minutes and only contributed 12 pts. Game 4, same 60 minutes of bench player time but only 10 pts produced.
Glad we added those late season additions to help out > Young, Roddy, IT :sarcasm:

As Barkley said in the post-game segment > the Suns have no bench. Very disappointed....

Since the Suns are basically stuck with same starting 5 for next year, at least fire Jones and Vogel to provide some summertime discussion to this forum segment.

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
We should look at the Wolves. A year ago, they looked awful. They looked like morons for trading for Gobert. It wasn't working out. Made it as a #8 seed play in team, lost in 5 games in round 1 to a much better team.

They make a few changes, get a strong season from Gobert, their young players improve and they're now a legit title contender.

The thing for them though is their young guys are improving. Edwards, McDaniels, etc. are all on their way up. We have players in decline or steady. We don't have that young talent that can improve from this year to next. Not significant young talent like they have with Walker, Edwards, McDaniels.

However one thing for sure I think we can do is at least try to trade Beal and the 2024 draft pick for some depth. There's no chance this core wins anything. Put the greatest coach of all time with this group and it won't work. You need some depth and length. We have no length, and no depth. Anyone with remotely any length, can't play any NBA offense. Anyone with any offense, has no depth. Then you have a big 3 that doesn't really have a point guard between them. It's a classic 45 to 50 win, 1 to 2 round middle of the pack team.

By some miracle, we find a taker for Beal and the #2024 draft pick. This will give us some depth, length and an actual full roster around Booker/KD. It will take a miracle for anyone to want Beal, even with a #2024 pick attached to him.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Four years in a row the Suns have been in win now mode. Discarding development and skipping steps..and have been historically embarrassed. It's like you try so hard for that one thing yet each path chosen keeps saying...NOPE.

The Suns karma will continue until it fixes a wrong.

Last edited:

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
looking at the west, I don’t see how we finish any better than this year for the foreseeable future. Pretty much everyone is trending up. Portland is an unknown, maybe the kings as well. The lakers are old, and so are the warriors. The rockets and spurs should be better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort