2019 Offseason Updates for Suns Players Under Contract

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I couldn't find a Devin Booker thread looking back through March to post something I saw and rather than post a Booker specific thread I thought I'd get a thread going where everyone can post offseason news on any Suns players. There is a lot of news that isn't worth making a thread over but is still worth passing along like last offseason when Booker was working out with a bunch of the top players in the league or Jackson said in an interview he was adding 20 pounds to help his this last season. That stuff isn't worth a thread on it's own but it's worth sharing for those who post throughout the offseason and can't get enough Suns info.

So please pass along any news on workouts, injuries, surgeries, or anything else you find interesting related to players under contract already.

I'm sure there will be more to discuss as the offseason amps up with more teams being eliminated from the playoffs and with the lottery happening next week also.

Here's a list of everyone under contract for next season, some of these players have team options and some might be dealt but right now they're Suns. Under contract for the 2019-20 season are Ayton, Booker, Bridges, Jackson, Tyler Johnson, Warren, Melton, Okobo, Ray Spalding, George King, and Fredette. Other players like Oubre, Holmes, Daniels, Crawford, or Bender can be posted also until they sign elsewhere.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw this from Gina Mizell about Booker making a commitment to donate $2.5 million to Suns charities over the next 5 years, giving $500,000 a year, which is good for Booker, Suns charities, and the team. This is some positive press and I think it also helps show Booker's commitment to the Phoenix area and the Suns organization.

He has said many times he wants to retire a Sun and making a commitment like that helps back his words up some as far as making a commitment related to the Suns for the next 5 years and the valley. Donating annually points towards being here, IMO. I know he's locked into his contract for that long but I feel this is another small thing that points more towards his commitment to the team and city that counters some of the speculation that pops up about him asking for a trade whenever the Suns have a big losing streak. Booker seems genuine when he talks about wanting to be here long term.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson