Plus Minus Since Ariza / Oubre trade

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
We can't trade TJ just to trade him. We need guys who can fill a role. Ayton is our star. Booker is our scorer. Bridges, Oubre, Jackson and Holmes provide energy, hustle and defense. TJ is not on Booker's scoring level but we still need a scorer who's not a guard. For his salary, he provides some good scoring and a great 3pt % this year. I know we need a guard, but that's not happening this year. Let it ride out and see how the team develops under Igor. I also am not keen on getting rid of TJ because Oubre is playing for a contract, we've seen players amp their game up during these times.
No one is advocating trading him just for the sake of trading him. Obviously we would want a player in return that would fit what we are trying to build (either a solid PG or a 3 and D PF). Either of which would need to pick up a good amount of Warren's scoring while giving us help in areas that we are lacking.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Book being a PG is ridiculous and stupid. I don't care how many assists he gets. It's killing him. Nothing will change till we get an NBA starting PG. .....oh and a new head coach

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can't trade TJ just to trade him. We need guys who can fill a role. Ayton is our star. Booker is our scorer. Bridges, Oubre, Jackson and Holmes provide energy, hustle and defense. TJ is not on Booker's scoring level but we still need a scorer who's not a guard. For his salary, he provides some good scoring and a great 3pt % this year. I know we need a guard, but that's not happening this year. Let it ride out and see how the team develops under Igor. I also am not keen on getting rid of TJ because Oubre is playing for a contract, we've seen players amp their game up during these times.

Here's the problem - salary cap room.

We can't afford a good pg and good PF if we are going to pay 4 wings big money. Just can't do it. Not to mention if we get a 4 their playing time will be greatly reduced.

For the sake of team makeup one of the 4 is going to have to go or be replaced by a wing that can legitimately rebound and play D against bigger power forwards.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Here's the problem - salary cap room.

We can't afford a good pg and good PF if we are going to pay 4 wings big money. Just can't do it. Not to mention if we get a 4 their playing time will be greatly reduced.

For the sake of team makeup one of the 4 is going to have to go or be replaced by a wing that can legitimately rebound and play D against bigger power forwards.
I haven't watched all the games but isn't Oubre the best fit for this? He's certainly the most well rounded of all the wings currently and I think he could hold his own against bigger 4s. The league as a whole has gone away from big bruising PFs.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
I haven't watched all the games but isn't Oubre the best fit for this? He's certainly the most well rounded of all the wings currently and I think he could hold his own against bigger 4s. The league as a whole has gone away from big bruising PFs.

I was thinking the same thing but I'm not sure Oubre is a good enough rebounder. We get killed in rebounding.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He is probably the closest, but he is not strong enough or a good enough rebounder to fill the role.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of our 3s are what I’d consider “good” rebounders.

Jackson is far and away our best wing rebounder at 10.1% TRB. No one else is over 8%

He is in the Marvin Williams / Scottie Pippen / Thurl Bailey area

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
raw +/- does not tell that much

Jackson is not suited for the big forward position one of his biggest issue is lack of strength which is holding back his entire skillset.

We don't have that hybrid forward type on the roster right now. Warren has the body for it but no the mentality.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

Oubre is inconsistent though.

I kind of cringe everytime he tries to create something of the dribble.

Just like Jackson he needs to get stronger still.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
what Jackson needs is to fix his 3 pt shot. his career depends on it
pulling the ball back over his head is completely unstable and undependable

there were very few who got away with it. Hot Rod Williams, if i recall, but midrange jumpers

he's got excellent instincts. should be able to finish his drives better and make better decisions with experience
but that frigging shot

my decision to trade him or not would be based on his will to correct his shot

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Updated after last nights disaster

Daniels 36
Okobo 17
Acy 16
Holmes -3
Bender -9
Oubre -26
Jackson -31
Crawford -45
Bridges -48
Ayton -88
Melton -89
Booker -100
Warren -112

Per minute played

Acy 0.471
Daniels 0.444
Okobo 0.173
Holmes -0.013
Oubre -0.077
Jackson -0.090
Bridges -0.119
Ayton -0.198
Warren -0.234
Crawford -0.263
Booker -0.267
Melton -0.283
Bender -0.529

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Oubre is inconsistent though.

I kind of cringe everytime he tries to create something of the dribble.

Just like Jackson he needs to get stronger still.

We’ll probably get stuck overpaying him but at least he’s a legit NBA player which the Suns are short on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave