Cason I felt was a better CB! Booty?

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
I just dont get this Cason played that position fantastic and he was a state player that many people would love to support as being fans...

Not some but seemed a far better candidate... I think he was the class of cb in the draft..

Also John David Booty? Why not take a flier on this guy also? He delivered in big games and ran a west coast offense.... I wouldve taken Booty with the pick we used on w.e doesnt matter his name he wont make the team.

Does it not seem obvious that certain players will do decent at the next level, while other teams pass on them is just mind boggling...

I liked the G.Packers picking Brohm..

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I just dont get this Cason played that position fantastic and he was a state player that many people would love to support as being fans...

Anything south of Casa Grande is Mexico North, thus has their own fan base, all 897 of them

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything south of Casa Grande is Mexico North, thus has their own fan base, all 897 of them

Not to mention that is a bogus excuse to give as a reason to pick the kid.

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
MoC, I liked Cason a lot, too. I agree that he's the most "finished" product coming into the draft. But Rogers-Cromartie has a very, very high ceiling as a prospect. Maybe Champ Bailey-high. I don't think you can pass on a guy like that if the opportunity falls to you.

EDIT: And I think we can all be happy that Cason probably landed in the best possible situation in San Diego. He could play safety or nickel cornerback for them, and I think he's going to be excellent.

As for JDB, I'm with you as well. But the Cards don't run a West Coast offense, and they already have a quarterback from Southern Cal trying to make the transition. I think that Booty landed in a perfect situation, and really expect him to be a starter in Minnesota sooner rather than later.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Cason will thrive in San Diego. Good fit for him.

Booty has not impressed me but I do think he has more upside than Brohm. Brohm landing in Green Bay is very good because he will help the whole team suck. That is a good thing.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Cason will thrive in San Diego. Good fit for him.

Booty has not impressed me but I do think he has more upside than Brohm. Brohm landing in Green Bay is very good because he will help the whole team suck. That is a good thing.
:).