Which Unit Will Perform Better, Offense or Defense?I know

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know that there has been a lot of discussion about our offense and defense, but don't know if an answer was agreed on by most of the posters. For me, I'm going offense, and in large part with the hope that Kyler won't miss significant time. Also, we have addressed the OL even if there is more to do. Wilson should help the WR room and make them better than last year when D Hop was out.

Defense at best will be somewhat worse than last year, and I look at it as a bunch of guys trying out for next year's team. Anybody agree?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Until Murray is on the field, I actually think the defense will out perform the offense. It still may not be very good, due to the defensive line, but I think they will play more like a cohesive unit. I think the offense will sputter and be super conservative until Murray is back.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting question. What is the barometer that we are using to gauge this to determine who wins/who is winning?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Interesting question. What is the barometer that we are using to gauge this to determine who wins/who is winning?
You could use DVOA or EPA/play. You could also use unit rankings among the NFL in YPA or YPA allowed, Point Per Drive/Allowed, whatever.

The offense is SOOOOOOOO much more talented than the defense. The NFL is about the Jimmys and Joes and Xs and Os, and among the starters probably five of the best six are on offense.

I know people think that because we're fans we know more than the national media, and that's probably true, but the national media isn't wrong that Dennis Gardeck is (1) a likely Week 1 starter at Edge and (2) barely-barely a replacement-level player. Our defense sucks so bad from a talent perspective.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could use DVOA or EPA/play. You could also use unit rankings among the NFL in YPA or YPA allowed, Point Per Drive/Allowed, whatever.
This is the one I was thinking of using.
The offense is SOOOOOOOO much more talented than the defense. The NFL is about the Jimmys and Joes and Xs and Os, and among the starters probably five of the best six are on offense.
I agree with you that the talent is on offense at the moment. Not a surprise with the amount of resources we dedicated to it.

I know people think that because we're fans we know more than the national media, and that's probably true, but the national media isn't wrong that Dennis Gardeck is (1) a likely Week 1 starter at Edge and (2) barely-barely a replacement-level player. Our defense sucks so bad from a talent perspective.
I would hope we start Myjai and and/or Cam Thomas over Gardeck.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard