OT : Trey Lance was 3rd string with 49ers, traded to Pukes

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lynch is a trade genius compared to Monti, given how much he got for Lance.
LOL!!! The only genius with the Niners is Shanahan. The ownership is awful & Lynch is adequate at best. No one can be called a genius who trades 3 first round picks for a bust QB, who he then gets a 4th round pick later for. Also, consider who the morons are that actually gave him a 4th.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
LOL!!! The only genius with the Niners is Shanahan. The ownership is awful & Lynch is adequate at best. No one can be called a genius who trades 3 first round picks for a bust QB, who he then gets a 4th round pick later for. Also, consider who the morons are that actually gave him a 4th.
This is what meant, Lynch can get a 4th for Lance Who is not even playable at this moment, while Monti got peanuts for our players.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what meant, Lynch can get a 4th for Lance Who is not even playable at this moment, while Monti got peanuts for our players.
Lmao

Neither got much for players they would cut.

And Monti didn’t draft any of the guys traded

The trades are a whole hill of meh either way

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lance is very young and DOES have a position. And guess what moron owner was willing to give up a 4th lol. No one really knows what position Simmons can play?? And NO ONE wanted to pay $18 M for Hop. Monti had to get the most of the garbage positions he was left in.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get taking a gamble on that player later in the draft, but teams giving up years of their franchise direction to dudes who've given you zero reason the believe... it absolutely blows my mind.

I'm honestly surprised the Niners have the balls to admit what a disaster the pick was, this soon and under the same GM who made the mistake.

The local story is that they didn't want to trade him. When he was informed he was 3rd string, he called out of practice the next day and then essentially demanded a trade. That was apparently the last straw they just decided he wasn't the guy they had hoped he would be, so they traded him to Dallas.

Apparently they wanted him to take the demotion as a challenge, I'll show you, and demanding a trade had the exact opposite impact on them.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Apparently the Cowboys told Will he was going to be cut before the game https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...reseason-finale-after-being-told-hell-be-cut/
Maybe we should try and get him if Colt retires.
Grier looked awesome last night. But prior to that Dallas had been trying to get him to latch on to that third string job and he just could not do it. It’s interesting that Lance at this moment would be no higher than 3rd string at Dallas. Not the same situation, but it’s a similar investment that Jones made when he drafted Dak with their compensatory 4th round pick in 2016. It may amount to overpaying for an insurance policy, but I think Jones killed 2 birds with one stone. Dallas needs to push Dak and invest in their future and they needed a 3rd QB because Dak has missed games each of the last 3 seasons.