OT : Trey Lance was 3rd string with 49ers, traded to Pukes

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Richardson fits the mold of Allen but Lance was more akin to Carson Wentz and Murray….Lance was very accurate in college who was a one-year wonder like Murray and Lance went to the same school as Wentz.
To compare Lance with Murray is asinine. Lance played small school college football & Murray took Oklahoma to the final four in college division 1. And Murray won the Heisman Trophy. Just stop.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To compare Lance with Murray is asinine. Lance played small school college football & Murray took Oklahoma to the final four in college division 1. And Murray won the Heisman Trophy. Just stop.
NO, it’s what the Whiners and Lynch were expecting, super-athletic qb who had a good one year. Wentz came from NDST as well. Murray was the blueprint, and you are fooling yourself if he wasn’t.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NO, it’s what the Whiners and Lynch were expecting, super-athletic qb who had a good one year. Wentz came from NDST as well. Murray was the blueprint, and you are fooling yourself if he wasn’t.
Murray took a crap organization, crap coaching staff, and crap FO from 3 to 5 to 8 to 11 wins on HIS back. Eventually that crap organization, coaching staff, and FO would make it impossible to sustain. After Murray got hurt, the team went 0-5, with 4 of those losses against crap (Pats, Broncos, Bucs, and Falcons). Murray had FAR more than 1 good year.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Murray took a crap organization, crap coaching staff, and crap FO from 3 to 5 to 8 to 11 wins on HIS back. Eventually that crap organization, coaching staff, and FO would make it impossible to sustain. After Murray got hurt, the team went 0-5, with 4 of those losses against crap (Pats, Broncos, Bucs, and Falcons). Murray had FAR more than 1 good year.
As i said, Murray was the blueprint in what the Whiners wanted.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lance is a dollar store Murray. Sure he's mobile but his passing ability is way below average for an NFL QB. I'd say most good power five conference QBs are better passers than Lance.

This isn't exactly an arcane situation. Lance's deficiencies as a passer were known if you ignored all the hype and read what serious talent evaluators pointed out. He had an extraordinarily low number of passing attempts in college. That's a big red flag.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Your facts have absolutely NOTHING to do with the point I was making. Y’all were totally missing what I was conveying. WE KNOW Murray was better out of college THAT WASNT WHAT I WAS SAYING. It was why IMO Lynch mortgaged the future for Lance despite what the pundits were saying.

So what you posted what absolutely irrelevant.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lance won the only DIVISION 1 title recognized by the NCAA

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get taking a gamble on that player later in the draft, but teams giving up years of their franchise direction to dudes who've given you zero reason the believe... it absolutely blows my mind.

I'm honestly surprised the Niners have the balls to admit what a disaster the pick was, this soon and under the same GM who made the mistake.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Your facts have absolutely NOTHING to do with the point I was making. Y’all were totally missing what I was conveying. WE KNOW Murray was better out of college THAT WASNT WHAT I WAS SAYING. It was why IMO Lynch mortgaged the future for Lance despite what the pundits were saying.

So what you posted what absolutely irrelevant.
Or they wanted their version of a more successful mobile QB in Lamar Jackson.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm laughing again at the people who have said over the years "you have to identify your guy and move up regardless of the capital!"

The vast majority of these moves don't work. I'm not feeling like processing the actual numbers, but looking at the names (http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb), over the past 20 years, I think the QBs who were traded up for in the first have hit like... 10%-15% of the time, maybe lower.

Laughing at the 49ers though, who I hate.