Bucks @ Suns Saturday Finals game thread 7-17-2021 Game - Game 5

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you lament the three that he hit off the dribble in the fourth?
I don't get the nitpicking of specific plays. I don't. Offense wasn't the problem with this loss. It simply wasn't. The cumulative impact of that one quarter is why the Suns lost. Monty said it himself. It takes so much energy to comeback from even one bad quarter. The Suns big three and the offense was enough to win any NBA playoff game. That's why the Suns were the first to shoot the way from the 2 point and 3 point territory and lose.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you were lamenting that he took the shot. Based on your question I guess you guys were lamenting the result.

yeah. Lamenting his miss of a short bunny. He’s got to make that!

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Would you rather be a fringe playoff team for the next 3 years? Even if the Suns got the best guy on the market, a 35 year old Lowry, I don't think it makes them better. Suns will likely be over the cap even if they don't sign him...not this summer but next. And he can still opt in and take his $44 million as well.

no I don’t want Lowry.

I might go for Lonzo though

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Here's some tough (unofficial) stats to swallow:

Number of games Giannis shot more free throws than the entire Suns team: 4 out of 6.
Number of games Giannis shot more free throws than the entire opposing team in his previous 15 playoff games: 0 out of 15.

Number of times DA got 5+ fouls against the Bucks: 2 out of 6 (Game 3 and 6, both Scott Foster games).
Number of times DA got 5+ fouls in the previous 16 playoff games: 0 out of 16.