ASU vs UofA

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last time the Sun Devils had a chance at the Fiesta Bowl the Wildcats stopped that from happening.. Im expecting a repeat performance and Cason owning Rudy "Hot Head" Carpenter..

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Last time the Sun Devils had a chance at the Fiesta Bowl the Wildcats stopped that from happening.. Im expecting a repeat performance and Cason owning Rudy "Hot Head" Carpenter..
Larry Smith > Dick Tomey > Mike Stoops

As much as I'd love to see karma finally come back to bite that douchebag Rudy Carpenter, I have a feeling he's going to be celebrating and running his crybaby tattle-tale mouth like he won the Super Bowl on Saturday night and Mike Stoops will be right back on the hot seat where he belongs.

That being said - screw those Valtrex-downing, striped shirt wearing, low IQ GED scholars and Tent City alumni known as the ASU Sun Devils.

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I predict, win or lose, ASU fans will still be wondering how pass-happy Dirk Koetter failed to recruit a starting offensive tackle in his last 4 classes, but did recruit 7 or 8 road-grading guards with all the footwork of stampeding elephants.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That being said - screw those Valtrex-downing, striped shirt wearing, low IQ GED scholars and Tent City alumni known as the ASU Sun Devils.

So full of anger, this post is. I would imagine this is tounge in cheek, considering the vast majority of the students at both schools have similar backgrounds. There are annoying douchebags on both campuses, but lots of cool people as well. That being said, bragging rights for 3 in a row will be sweet. Go Devils!:sparky:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I would feel alot better if we had some sort of pass rush to mount on the statue that is Rudy Carpenter. Saying that if our QB stays in the game I think we torch that paper tiger defense for 35+.

I dunno what to think. Everytime I want to buy into the Cats - just like the Birds - they pull the rug out from under me. So I have a hard time thinking a win this saturday even after looking soooo good the last few weeks and being in a position to prey on the fragile psyche of the devils...

Ahh what the hell

UA - 35
ASU - 17

:cats: :barf::sparky:

HooverDam

Reaction score
the statue that is Rudy Carpenter.

Rudy has been sacked a TON this year, but I'd hardly call him a statue. He moves around alright, his protection has been terrible though and his receivers do a mediocre job of getting separation. When he has the chance to run and move, he does it fairly well. I'd say he's somewhere in between the statue that was Andrew Walter and a mobile guy like Plummer.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Burgess fumbles UofA recovers in ASU territory.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Why are the showing the Oregon game still? I thought the home game had precedence in this situation? :(

quando

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maotosifanclub wanted me to post this for him:WAAAAAA!!!!!
We still own you in basketball WAAAAAAA!!!!!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats to ASU. The difference was they made the big plays when they had to and the Cats receivers dropped some key passes.

One question, if some of you are big ASU fans, how come you did not go to the game and support your team?

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
One question, if some of you are big ASU fans, how come you did not go to the game and support your team?

Shouldn't the same question be asked of Wildcat fans.
If seats were available, why were they not occupied my MildCat fans?

Hmmm?
One wonders?

:sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky:

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats to ASU. The difference was they made the big plays when they had to and the Cats receivers dropped some key passes.

The Cards home game threads get plenty of posters (including local ones), does your logic apply to those fans as well?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shouldn't the same question be asked of Wildcat fans.
If seats were available, why were they not occupied my MildCat fans?

Hmmm?
One wonders?

:sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky: :sparky:

I have gone to every UofA/ASU game that has been played at Arizona Stadium since 1984. There is no excuse for me to miss the home game if I am in town. What is your excuse?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Maotosifanclub wanted me to post this for him:WAAAAAA!!!!!
We still own you in basketball WAAAAAAA!!!!!

Um, ASU won fair and square. The Cats screwed themselves with several dropped passes.

Oh, and we still do own you in basketball... Is there a memo you missed, or...? If we would have won, we STILL would own you in basketball.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Great game, too close for my liking, but very fun to watch. I was bummed McGaha couldn't get a TD in this one, ah well.

Congrats to ASU on a Pac 10 Co Championship, a 10 win season and a possible BCS birth!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have gone to every UofA/ASU game that has been played at Arizona Stadium since 1984. There is no excuse for me to miss the home game if I am in town. What is your excuse?

Did I ever suggest I attended college games?
Does that make me less of a fan?

Oh, and we still do own you in basketball... Is there a memo you missed, or...? If we would have won, we STILL would own you in basketball.

The "inevitable BBall reference"............................Yawn!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cards home game threads get plenty of posters (including local ones), does your logic apply to those fans as well?

The Cardinals are different. If you're a graduate of ASU or a student, you're most likely a die-hard fan and should be at the game pulling for your school instead of posting.

I might think differently as a fan but no way do I miss this game when it is played at Arizona Stadium. The atmosphere in this game is something you don't see at the other games. I have been to two games at Sun Devil Stadium, one was the 1993 UofA/ASU game and the other was with my Devil friend for a UCLA game. The atmosphere was like night and day. It is the same way when I go see the Cats play at home.

I congratulated the ASU team for their win and just wanted to know why some of the ASU fans here did not go, that's it. Had no intention of this thread to be like the ones in the Political forum.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Because there are too many die hards for the mere 70K seats in that stadium.

Dglecko

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I congratulated the ASU team for their win and just wanted to know why some of the ASU fans here did not go, that's it. Had no intention of this thread to be like the ones in the Political forum.

It was a sell out, if every ASU alumni wanted to attend the game I reckon they would need play in a much larger stadium. Nice attempt at sour grapes though

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson