I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This ASU team sucks in every aspect.

Talent deficient

Terrible tacklers

No passrush

Terrible coverage

Awful pass blocking

Rashada looks just like what he is - an inexperienced freshman for whom the game is too fast.

Receivers falling down and dropping passes.

Coaches keep blitzing and not getting home letting receivers run wide open.

ASU is SLOW compared to Arizona.

I think this ASU team is a couple years behind the rest of the country.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The effort is so poor, it looks like a team that wants the coach fired. A bunch of guys who came here for stats and who know they might be in the portal next week. I don't see the point in playing Rashada. He won't be here after next year, tops.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only bright side is they make the Cardinals look not that bad.

OP
OP
AZCB34

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The effort is so poor, it looks like a team that wants the coach fired. A bunch of guys who came here for stats and who know they might be in the portal next week. I don't see the point in playing Rashada. He won't be here after next year, tops.
Who else you gonna start? Doesn’t matter

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
everyone is going to know who Tetairoa McMillan is after today I guess

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
T-Mac is the closest thing to Larry Fitzgerald I’ve seen

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trenton Bourguet reportedly came down with flu like symptoms before the game and was unable to play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Zendejas meltdown
Matt Scott fumble
19 point choke
Tate refusing to play
70-7

It’s time to start making up for some of the ridiculous losses to ASU over the years. If Jedd wins the T-Cup next year (likely his last season in Tucson) it would be 3 straight for the first time in 30 years. ASU has dominated the series since the late 90’s.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
ASU can get to where Arizona is in pretty short order... if they commit to and effectively organize an NIL program. That is honestly the only difference between where both programs are right at the moment.

UA jumped into the "pay for play" approach with both feet as soon as it became apparent that was where the NCAA was going to be forced to go. They really had no other choice, as after the disaster of the Sumlin era, no recruits were going to Tucson even at gunpoint.

Meanwhile, noted idiot Ray Anderson dithered, neglected, and alienated any potential contributors that might have gotten ASU on similar footing. And they are now paying the price in terms of a lack of viable talent and depth.

Believe me, if ASU can even get just moderately organized in terms of NIL, they will be back to being the consistently better football program within a couple years at the outside.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incredible stat: 1978-2023 with no Rose Bowl appearances.
Zendejas meltdown
Matt Scott fumble
19 point choke
Tate refusing to play
70-7

It’s time to start making up for some of the ridiculous losses to ASU over the years. If Jedd wins the T-Cup next year (likely his last season in Tucson) it would be 3 straight for the first time in 30 years. ASU has dominated the series since the late 90’s.
And still no roses for the Wildcats. Not even once in 45 years in the conference.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
ASU can get to where Arizona is in pretty short order... if they commit to and effectively organize an NIL program. That is honestly the only difference between where both programs are right at the moment.

UA jumped into the "pay for play" approach with both feet as soon as it became apparent that was where the NCAA was going to be forced to go. They really had no other choice, as after the disaster of the Sumlin era, no recruits were going to Tucson even at gunpoint.

Meanwhile, noted idiot Ray Anderson dithered, neglected, and alienated any potential contributors that might have gotten ASU on similar footing. And they are now paying the price in terms of a lack of viable talent and depth.

Believe me, if ASU can even get just moderately organized in terms of NIL, they will be back to being the consistently better football program within a couple years at the outside.

The key is finding the right mix; Good coach, good recruiter and good boosters. Right now Arizona seems to have the right fit with Fisch but it took a while.

Rich Rod was a great coach but couldn’t have cared less about recruiting. Stoops recruited NFL talent but stunk as a coach. ASU has rode a similar roller coaster of late. It’s really difficult finding a coach who is truly emotionally invested.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The key is finding the right mix; Good coach, good recruiter and good boosters. Right now Arizona seems to have the right fit with Fisch but it took a while.

Rich Rod was a great coach but couldn’t have cared less about recruiting. Stoops recruited NFL talent but stunk as a coach. ASU has rode a similar roller coaster of late. It’s really difficult finding a coach who is truly emotionally invested.
True. Dillingham seems to have the personality for that. It remains to be seen what he will be like as a coach once he gets real players instead of a band of (mostly) second rate misfits and rejects.

As for Fisch, Arizona may find his sudden success comes with a big downside. He has long been a job jumper, and very clearly has inflated ambitions, especially now that he is getting a national reputation. I find it unlikely that he won't be moving on to bigger and better as soon as a higher profile program offers him big money.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Incredible stat: 1978-2023 with no Rose Bowl appearances.

And still no roses for the Wildcats. Not even once in 45 years in the conference.

If I can watch your Rose Bowl on VHS, then your opinion is irrelevant. It’s funny when an ASU fan morphs into a Dallas Cowboy fan when they’re defeated.

Meanwhile, Arizona is at worst going to the Alamo bowl, will likely be a preseason Top-15 team and the favorite to win the Big-12 conference in 2024. ASU will likely struggle to make a bowl for the foreseeable future. We good.