ASU vs UofA

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stoops was a meat head for not kicking a FG on the 4th and goal with 3 or 4 minutes left. ASU's D played a great game I thought.

A nice, satisfying capper on the regular season. I was really worried about a UofA upset.

Dglecko

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope they sign Stoops to a lifetime contract.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I congratulated the ASU team for their win and just wanted to know why some of the ASU fans here did not go, that's it. Had no intention of this thread to be like the ones in the Political forum.

I honestly couldn't afford it, I hope thats good enough for ya :D

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
difference in the game:

ASU's WR's made awesome catches (see catch of the tip of the ball catch at the 1 yrd line)

UA's WR's dropped a ridiculous amount of passes

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
just like in the UCLA game, ASU's defense was awesome when it mattered most.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stoops is a joke. He compains at midfield after every call which shows his team that there is no such thing as accountability. The show he put on tonight was incredible. There is a reason why they lose the close games and it is him. I hope they give him a big contract extension.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
ASU fans are acting like they pummeled us. The game was close up until the middle of the 4th quarter. And that was with some pretty bad wide receiver play on our part. If I was an ASU fan (and I'm glad I'm not), I'd be more worried about trying to win whatever Bowl game you go to after that performance against a supposedly pathetic team.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
ASU fans are acting like they pummeled us. The game was close up until the middle of the 4th quarter. And that was with some pretty bad wide receiver play on our part. If I was an ASU fan (and I'm glad I'm not), I'd be more worried about trying to win whatever Bowl game you go to after that performance against a supposedly pathetic team.

did you just admit that U of A was pathetic? nice you are right.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
If I was an ASU fan (and I'm glad I'm not), I'd be more worried about trying to win whatever Bowl game you go to after that performance against a supposedly pathetic team.
If I was a U of A fan, I'd be more worried about whether my team was ever going to even get to a bowl game again, instead of how bad an opponent looked in still beating us.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If I was a U of A fan, I'd be more worried about whether my team was ever going to even get to a bowl game again, instead of how bad an opponent looked in still beating us.

Typical ASU response. Not only are you sore losers, you're sore winners as well.

HooverDam

Reaction score

I was unaware that fans were supposed to not be excited about winning a rivalry game and capping off a great season, thank you for correcting my ignorance.

It was a much closer game than any ASU fan would've liked, obviously, but it was an exciting game and ASU fans have plenty to be excited about.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was unaware that fans were supposed to not be excited about winning a rivalry game and capping off a great season, thank you for correcting my ignorance.

The only thing ignorant is the posts by your ASU brethren. You beat your rival, yes, but it wasn't convincing. And it was against a team you and your buddies thought would lose big, and yet did not. If that doesn't worry you, then fine.

It was a much closer game than any ASU fan would've liked, obviously, but it was an exciting game and ASU fans have plenty to be excited about.

Oh, it was an exciting game except for those lame UA drops, but it was definitely exciting. And even though everyone hates Stoops, I think this last month was a step in the right direction for our program. You guys will enjoy your bowl game, whatever it is this year, but we'll finally be in the running next year.

HooverDam

Reaction score
^ It doesn't worry me at all. I don't worry about the stats or how a team looked in this particular game. This game is almost always very close, regardless of talent differentials, coaching, et cetera, it seems to exist in a vacuum unto itself.

With that being said, if ASU ends up in the Fiesta Bowl again say, Oklahoma, I do think they'd lose. ASU is really starting to pile up the injuries and this was never a deep team. With a healthy Torain, 100% Carpenter, and the Oline in tact, maybe they'd have a better chance, but ASU will certainly be the underdog if the go to a BCS game.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
The only thing ignorant is the posts by your ASU brethren. You beat your rival, yes, but it wasn't convincing. And it was against a team you and your buddies thought would lose big, and yet did not. If that doesn't worry you, then fine.

Oh, it was an exciting game except for those lame UA drops, but it was definitely exciting. And even though everyone hates Stoops, I think this last month was a step in the right direction for our program. You guys will enjoy your bowl game, whatever it is this year, but we'll finally be in the running next year.

Aren't you guys losing almost your entire starting D?

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
It's always tough to replace a large group of players, especially when guys like Larsen and Cason are part of that group.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
And even though everyone hates Stoops, I think this last month was a step in the right direction for our program. You guys will enjoy your bowl game, whatever it is this year, but we'll finally be in the running next year.

How many years in a row has Chap said this? I'm pretty sure he's coined that phrase...SO PLEASE, nobody use that phrase as chap has rights to that idiotic statement.

HooverDam

Reaction score
How many years in a row has Chap said this? I'm pretty sure he's coined that phrase...SO PLEASE, nobody use that phrase as chap has rights to that idiotic statement.

I don't see how its 'idiotic'. Im no UA fan, but if "in the running" meant in the running for a bowl game (not something like "in the running for the Pac10/National title"), then UA has been "in the running" this year and last. They certainly have a more than decent shot at a 7 or 8 win season next year.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't see how its 'idiotic'. Im no UA fan, but if "in the running" meant in the running for a bowl game (not something like "in the running for the Pac10/National title"), then UA has been "in the running" this year and last. They certainly have a more than decent shot at a 7 or 8 win season next year.

BS. U of A always has a little 3 game run at the end of the year and ends their season with "we are headed in the right direction." AZballer is dead on. U of A is headed in the same direction they always are, to the bottom of the pack. I think you really don't realize how easy it is to get to a bowl game and really how bad you have to be to not play in one. 9 years in a row. Pathetic. If you were a littel older maybe you would undertand.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great game, too close for my liking, but very fun to watch. I was bummed McGaha couldn't get a TD in this one, ah well.

Congrats to ASU on a Pac 10 Co Championship, a 10 win season and a possible BCS birth!

How did ASU pull off a co championship? USC beat them.. USC is the pac 10 champion..

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
How did ASU pull off a co championship? USC beat them.. USC is the pac 10 champion..

Yep. I'm as diehard an ASU fan as you will find, but USC won the Pac-10.

Rightfully so IMHO. They are the best team in the conference.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

The Pac stopped keeping score and started handing out juice boxes and orange slices after games to keep up the kids spirits. They are all winners.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pac stopped keeping score and started handing out juice boxes and orange slices after games to keep up the kids spirits. They are all winners.

In that case.. Congrats Arizona Wildcats on being Pac-10 co champion!

:D

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score

They won by virtue of a 'tie-breaker'. Both teams had the same records in conference and out of conference. BTW, USC beat only two teams with winning records this year - ASU beat one. Clearly, USC is the best team in the Pac-10. However one has to wonder what could have been in the Pac-10 if Dixon doesn't get hurt, nor Torain, Longshore, Booty, and many others. The Pac-10 was on its way to a great season - instead, it limped to the finishing line.