ASU @ Washington (Sat. 7:30 p.m. FS1)

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you believe in magic? Superstition? The stars aligning? Or maybe some lesser things, like Washington, being overdue for a loss? Luck? ASU finally getting healthy, getting some breaks, having their hard work finally pay off, the ball bouncing their way?

We need some of that this week.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Oregon has a great defense. It wasn't enough last night. Oregon, like our coach, kept gambling on 4th down. Didn't work. Pennix took advantage and made them pay on the way to his Heisman. This guy is the real deal. We are going to need to put a lot of pressure on him. Can't just let him sit there and throw darts.

To make things even more challenging, CB Ed Woods is out the first half Saturday for a targeting call last week. That leaves 5 10ish D. Ford out there on an island against Washington's talented and tall WR's. Not good. I mean, D. Ford is a total dawg and great player, but Pennix will be able to take advantage of his height.

I think our guys can do it, but if they do it will be a surprise and an amazing accomplishment. But remember, this is still the PAC12, where unusual things happen.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
ASU has historically done well against UW, both at home and on the road. I think they will cover a spread like this, but I expect the Sun Devils to lose handily.

I will be delighted to be wrong, but I don't see much of a path to victory, based on the talent I saw on display in the UW-UO game.

I really should go watch the Sun Devils play their likely last-ever final game at Montlake, but that nighttime kickoff time doesn't sound too appealing. It will probably be in the 50s and wet.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
ASU has historically done well against UW, both at home and on the road. I think they will cover a spread like this, but I expect the Sun Devils to lose handily.

I will be delighted to be wrong, but I don't see much of a path to victory, based on the talent I saw on display in the UW-UO game.

I really should go watch the Sun Devils play their likely last-ever final game at Montlake, but that nighttime kickoff time doesn't sound too appealing. It will probably be in the 50s and wet.
Yeah, the point spread on Draft Kings is +28.5.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sun Devils usually melt in this type of weather.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only real hope is if Washington is flat coming off the Oregon game. I expect ASU to play tough but Washington is true CFP quality (I see you USC you frauds) and that doesn’t bode well for the Devils

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. That would be amazing if he can go this week

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holy cow, this is horrible, 2 more Olineman out this week...

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The loss of Walden is hugely disappointing.

No doubt. I can't remember a team with more OL injuries in one year than ASU. Every week, its someone else. I could tell at Cal that Walden was hurt and trying to play through it. At least Glass is back, those two were battling for the starting position at the beginning of the year. But now Ramos is out again, and the guy that is fairly new to football whose name I can't spell will be starting I guess, and I don't know who is behind him if he goes down.

Its all nuts. But like Dillingham says, no one cares, figure out a way to win.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They will release the depth chart for the game on Thursday, but they put so many "OR's" next to the O-line starters, I have trouble following it.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No doubt. I can't remember a team with more OL injuries in one year than ASU. Every week, its someone else. I could tell at Cal that Walden was hurt and trying to play through it. At least Glass is back, those two were battling for the starting position at the beginning of the year. But now Ramos is out again, and the guy that is fairly new to football whose name I can't spell will be starting I guess, and I don't know who is behind him if he goes down.

Its all nuts. But like Dillingham says, no one cares, figure out a way to win.
Boston College was starting DL on their OL last season due to injuries

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson