• Mike Kafka

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Lou Anarumo

Votes: 62 72.1%

• Total voters

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Let's go Mike Kafka. I have finally settled on this. Brian Daboll selected him to be his OC, and let him retain playcalling duties during the year. Andy Reid thought enough of him hire and promote him on his staff. Two smart people think Kafka has a lot to offer and he has seen two HCs whose teams are well coached.

No idea if he can do it as HC or in AZ but he seems like the option that has the only chance of not being fired in 3 to 4 years.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Let's go Mike Kafka. I have finally settled on this. Brian Daboll selected him to be his OC, and let him retain playcalling duties during the year. Andy Reid thought enough of him hire and promote him on his staff. Two smart people think Kafka has a lot to offer and he has seen two HCs whose teams are well coached.

No idea if he can do it as HC or in AZ but he seems like the option that has the only chance of not being fired in 3 to 4 years.
After all this, just a total shot in the dark.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Yes, Andy, who dumped Nick Sirianni, may very well have got this one right.

Card4Life

Rookie
Reaction score
I'll never forget his rookie debut against the Cowboys, he lit them up on the ground & in the return game.
Me too.
I'll never forget his rookie debut against the Cowboys, he lit them up on the ground & in the return game.
Me too. I was a kid and we had just moved from St. Louis to Texas. All my friends were Cowboy fans, so I really enjoyed that day.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bowles spent time with Arians at Temple. I don't know that Lou has that wide of a network.
He has longevity in the league. He’s got to know people.

And if Kefka is hired, expect VJ to be DC. He won’t have pull like Arians who demanded the previous DC Horton to be fired and hire his own people to not create a divided locker room.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wanted a HC with experience. Well that doesn't appear to be happening. However of the two remaining candidates I like Anarumo by far.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

FWIW the name Kafka is a bird, similar to a raven/crow, but smaller and considered inquisitive.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I think Kafka will actually be a good head coach someday, I just think he may need a couple years. I’ve read good things about Anarumo. He strikes me as firm but fair. I have no idea who his OC or DC will be, but have a feeling he’s made good contacts in that department. Whoever gets the job will have my support. When they hire their guy, I’m going to say “Give this guy a chance and let’s see what he can do!” ….just like I said on November 9, 2016.
That all we can do as fans

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which coach is most creative calling plays at crunch time?

Which coach will put the cleanest (mistake-free) units on the field.?

I’d tend to go with that guy

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Which coach is most creative calling plays at crunch time?

Which coach will put the cleanest (mistake-free) units on the field.?

I’d tend to go with that guy.

So, just looking at penalties, because I think that's the easiest quantifiable way of measuring mistakes...

Here's an offensive comparison of the Cardinals and Giants:

Delany of Game: Cards (3) Giants (8)
False Start: Cards (25) Giants (19)
Offensive Holding: Cards (20) Giants (10)
Offensive PI: Cards (2) Giants (2)

Here is a defensive comparison of the Cardinals and Bengals:

Offsides: Cards (4) Bengals (2)
Defensive Holding: Cards (6) Bengals (11)
Illegal Contact: Cards (1) Bengals (2)
Defensive PI: Cards (5) Bengals (6)
Roughing The Passer: Cards (3) Bengals (4)
Unnecessary Roughness: Cards (5) Bengals (4)

Source: https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He has longevity in the league. He’s got to know people.

And if Kefka is hired, expect VJ to be DC. He won’t have pull like Arians who demanded the previous DC Horton to be fired and hire his own people to not create a divided locker room.
I feel Vance is in play for both of them. Vance worked with Lou for 5 years in Miami.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Me too.

Me too. I was a kid and we had just moved from St. Louis to Texas. All my friends were Cowboy fans, so I really enjoyed that day.
Most of my friends were Cowboys fans also, I was just starting 5th grade when that game happened. They were pissed & I rubbed it in lol.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
If the next coach wants VJ as DC that is his choice and I'm OK with it because he has to live with results. If VJ is in any way forced on the coach or if the choice is based on who keeps VJ it is the same old Cardinals.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
If the next coach wants VJ as DC that is his choice and I'm OK with it because he has to live with results. If VJ is in any way forced on the coach or if the choice is based on who keeps VJ it is the same old Cardinals.
Unfortunately, you'll never convince anyone on here that the new HC picked Vance, even if they truly did.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And we will never truly know….

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

These are as good of reasons as I could come up with. Not going to mad with either. Will just have to see how they pan out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson