• probably not

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • No way Jose!

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I liked this post until I saw Michael Irvin. He's probably 10th, not top five. Andre Johnson and Marvin Harrison were better than Irvin
Probably a few others.

Harrison being a no show in the postseason for his entire career docks him a bit. I’ll give you AJ.

Prime AB was probably top-5 before he lost his marbles.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes it would be a massive overpay by the Giants and the Cardinals would be foolish not to take it.

My guess of a fair trade so the Giants could move up for a QB would look like:

Cardinals give up:
2024 #4 overall

Giants give up:
2024 #6 overall
2024 #47 overall
2024 #140 overall
2025 3rd rounder
@DVontel @Chopper0080 Worth the risk or only considering if you feel there's a good chance the Chargers go Oline.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Trade down makes sense in terms of adding more talent to a team that really needs it. However, as I've said before I was ok trading down from Fitz for Roy Williams because I felt there wasn't too big of a gap..

And I was wrong.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
One all pro. His career was very accomplished and spanned multiple generations, but he was never in any season the best player at his position.
Eh that’s kinda splitting hairs. Replacing any of the top 5 receivers at their peak with each other wouldn’t have overly impact the trajectory of their respective teams.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Trade down makes sense in terms of adding more talent to a team that really needs it. However, as I've said before I was ok trading down from Fitz for Roy Williams because I felt there wasn't too big of a gap..

And I was wrong.
This is my concern. I think MHJ is a sure thing. There’s value in that alone.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my concern. I think MHJ is a sure thing. There’s value in that alone.
Odunze I would be willing to bet actual $ that he’s a sure thing as well. He is just too good. If he had the parental name like MHJ he’d likely be higher rated. Jmo

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Eh that’s kinda splitting hairs. Replacing any of the top 5 receivers at their peak with each other wouldn’t have overly impact the trajectory of their respective teams.
I guess. There were six wideouts on the 2021 NFL All-Pro team. There were five WRs on the 2019 All-Pro team. There were seven WRs on the 2015 All-Pro team (including Larry). The PFR list combines 1st and 2nd teamers from PFF, AP, and PFW.

Outside of quarterback, replacing one top 5 player with another probably doesn't have a huge impact on their teams, no. But if you're just looking at the individual talents of the players, the math, to me, that a guy who was only among the top 5 players at his position for one season (but often in the top ten or twelve if you look at the pro bowl instead) is Actually the Second Best Ever doesn't add up.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just one outlet but this might force our hands.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If Daniels/Maye and MHJ are on the board when we pick at 4....I don't know what you do.

If you trade back, you better get a top NFL player along with picks.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't vote, because the "If MHJ is gone' option wasn't there.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Chargers might take MHJ at 5, but I don't believe they will stay at 5 to take Alt if they can help it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Chargers might take MHJ at 5, but I don't believe they will stay at 5 to take Alt if they can help it.
what if the Giants pay the QB premium and give up next years first to move up two slots?
chargers would almost certainly grab Harrison....would you be satisfied with Odunze and an extra first next year?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
With Odunze performing at the combine to go with his college career I would have zero issue with us trading with NY and missing out on MHJ. Especially if they give us a haul in draft picks which is what should happen.
right... they aint paying big to move up two slots so much as they are paying big so we dont trade the pick to atlanta or Vegas

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Odunze I would be willing to bet actual $ that he’s a sure thing as well. He is just too good. If he had the parental name like MHJ he’d likely be higher rated. Jmo
Yep.

Jarvin Garrison would still be a top ten player, but right now Odunze would be higher ranked.

We haven't even really discussed how, not only did Harrison skip the workouts, he also skipped the media portion. Players that do that just don't understand that's a slight not only to the media, but also to the fans that ultimately pay to see them play.

I guess it's better than Nabers who really didn't come off as a guy I want on my team.

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
what if the Giants pay the QB premium and give up next years first to move up two slots?
chargers would almost certainly grab Harrison....would you be satisfied with Odunze and an extra first next year?
They aren't giving up a one. They probably don't give up the second two. The real question is do you give up MHJ for Odunze and a two+. We ain't getting a one unless we trade back to 11, 12, or 13. No way I do that.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They aren't giving up a one. They probably don't give up the second two. The real question is do you give up MHJ for Odunze and a two+. We ain't getting a one unless we trade back to 11, 12, or 13. No way I do that.
First round, picks have been given to move up one spot before…. ironically by the Giants even to get Jags pick right before them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson