• Mike Kafka

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Lou Anarumo

Votes: 62 72.1%

• Total voters

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If the next coach wants VJ as DC that is his choice and I'm OK with it because he has to live with results. If VJ is in any way forced on the coach or if the choice is based on who keeps VJ it is the same old Cardinals.
Except it'll be all company speak and "I welcome VJ as my DC" nonsense. There is a chance a new coach would welcome him on the staff, but there is no way to prove it. It is much more likely, IMO, that he would be forced and the coach would swallow it just to get the job.

I'm going nuclear if we retain VJ.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Is there any word on the street how Kafka's interview went today? Anybody able to hack Zoom? lol

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I wish there was a clue as to what these interviews are like. Do the candidates just go in with a plan and present it to the team or are there very specific questions the Cards ask of all the candidates? How much film of the team do they expect these guys to study prior to, are they supposed to be familiar with the roster (including pending free agents etc)? Do they go in to their potential choices for staff?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except it'll be all company speak and "I welcome VJ as my DC" nonsense. There is a chance a new coach would welcome him on the staff, but there is no way to prove it. It is much more likely, IMO, that he would be forced and the coach would swallow it just to get the job.

Prepare yourself. Please view my post “ question about VJ”. I’d like your views.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wish there was a clue as to what these interviews are like. Do the candidates just go in with a plan and present it to the team or are there very specific questions the Cards ask of all the candidates? How much film of the team do they expect these guys to study prior to, are they supposed to be familiar with the roster (including pending free agents etc)? Do they go in to their potential choices for staff?

I think it's fair to say that interview one is a get-to-know-you session, and the second involves a more detailed analysis of the team and a strategic plan going forward.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It feels fait accompli at this point

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Could not possibly agree more.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say that interview one is a get-to-know-you session, and the second involves a more detailed analysis of the team and a strategic plan going forward.
Probably right although it depends on how you define “get to know you session”.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been on both sides of this process, and it's generally getting a sense of whether the person fits the culture and a review of their background.
You interviewed for head coaching jobs? Nice

I kid of course. First interview for HC is likely fairly in depth including strategic stuff

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You interviewed for head coaching jobs? Nice

I kid of course. First interview for HC is likely fairly in depth including strategic stuff

I don't know precisely how an NFL team would approach the process. I do know how multi-billion dollar corporations approach the process of hiring at the higher levels.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Andy Reid can go gouge burgers for all I care. Anything he says or Mahomes is just to help a friend and based on no factual support that Kafka is ready yet. I know, hire Anna Muro (have no time to check his spelling but I can darn sure spell Bidwill right) which can shut his patty melt down along with Josh Allen

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Andy Reid can go gouge burgers for all I care. Anything he says or Mahomes is just to help a friend and based on no factual support that Kafka is ready yet. I know, hire Anna Muro (have no time to check his spelling but I can darn sure spell Bidwill right) which can shut his patty melt down along with Josh Allen
Anarumo lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson