Poll: Final Two Cuts

Final Two Cuts (pick 2):

• Total voters

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The 4th quarter could be interesting since we're likely to see Bol Bol and Keon Johnson playing for a spot. I'll be seriously bummed if it's not one of them or Damien Lee that is cut.

I'd say a dark horse candidate is Bates-Diop. He's been really off. Not sure why but I hope he's able to start contributing.

Metu has been a pleasant surprise. If KBD isn't going to stake claim to the backup PF role then I'm grateful someone has and Metu has definitely earned that role so far.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I'm not so
The 4th quarter could be interesting since we're likely to see Bol Bol and Keon Johnson playing for a spot. I'll be seriously bummed if it's not one of them or Damien Lee that is cut.

I'd say a dark horse candidate is Bates-Diop. He's been really off. Not sure why but I hope he's able to start contributing.

Metu has been a pleasant surprise. If KBD isn't going to stake claim to the backup PF role then I'm grateful someone has and Metu has definitely earned that role so far.

Hmm, looking at the rest of the lineup (including the 2-way guys), we're missing a couple wings to go 3 deep at all positions. I think Bol is the odd man out here.

Book / Goodwin / Saben Lee
Beal / Gordon / x
Okogie / Allen / x
Durant / Yuta / Metu
Nurk / Eubanks / Azuibuike

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Previously posted on the Lakers preseason game thread.

The Suns are looking to bring back Ish Wainright after waiving him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not so

Hmm, looking at the rest of the lineup (including the 2-way guys), we're missing a couple wings to go 3 deep at all positions. I think Bol is the odd man out here.

Book / Goodwin / Saben Lee
Beal / Gordon / x
Okogie / Allen / x
Durant / Yuta / Metu
Nurk / Eubanks / Azuibuike
You left off Nassir Little, and Bates Diop

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope they manage to bring Ish back. Glue guys are important.

I think cutting Frank the Tank contributed to the funk at the end of '22. He was basically another coach on the bench and all the guys clearly loved him.

My guess is that his contract being non-guaranteed is what got Ish cut.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, somewhat intentional. The implication being that the people left off are the bubble guys (IMO anyways) for vying for the final 2 slots. That would be Little, D.Lee, KBD, Bol Bol and Keon Johnson

Nassir Little has 4 years left on his contract so I would be shocked if he didn't make the 15-man roster.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, somewhat intentional. The implication being that the people left off are the bubble guys (IMO anyways) for vying for the final 2 slots. That would be Little, D.Lee, KBD, Bol Bol and Keon Johnson
Those guys are not on the bubble at all.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be Johnson Bol has not done anything to impress , but he would be worth keeping just to guard the inbounder on a big play.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based on Vogel's press today, Keon Johnson is not getting cut.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve wanted to back Keon bc he’s young and was a first round pick and we need some youth. But man, I’m not seeing it.

I feel the same way but if it means cutting Bol Bol, I'm for it. Maybe Keon develops, maybe he doesn't. I think he has a better chance of being a rotational player than Bol does.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based on Vogel's press today, Keon Johnson is not getting cut.

If Keon is cut, we can quit judging the roster based on what Vogel says. A lot believed Ayton was staying because of Vogel's comments. He's a positive guy who talks players up.

I'm not saying Keon is safe or not. I don't know and won't pretend I do but I'm not basing anything on Vogel's hype.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Keon is cut, we can quit judging the roster based on what Vogel says. A lot believed Ayton was staying because of Vogel's comments. He's a positive guy who talks players up.

I'm not saying Keon is safe or not. I don't know and won't pretend I do but I'm not basing anything on Vogel's hype.

There is a wide gap between hyping up a guy who is making 30 million and on a long term deal and talking nice about a dude who is a fringe roster player.

Keon getting cut would not surprise me... Bol getting cut would not surprise me either, and neither move would alter my view of Vogel's coach speak.

Keon and Bol have both looked completely useless. I'd go with Keon sticking because we have his bird rights... on the off chance he stops being trash we could keep him. Also, while we have more legit guards than... whatever Bol thinks he is, after Booker, Beal, Gordon, Allen and Goodwin, there isn't another guard on the roster, while we have like 6 forwards who, while being marginal, have looked a lot better than Bol.

Last edited:

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As earlier I leaked that it was going to be a heart breaker cause a fan favorite would get cut. I can confirm that Lee is pretty much safe. The Suns can afford to keep him on the bench until he comes back from injury because of their depth at the position. So Lee is pretty much safe but something can happen.

It is between Bol and Keon which either player will be at the end of the bench. The Suns are currently trying to work out a trade as both players have potential and will be a project. Between the two the Suns seem to be more in favor of keeping Keon and trading Bol since he was a player some teams were seeking early this offseason.

Suns could not trade Ish as teams weren’t interested in trading for him but Bol does seem to have interest from teams. The Suns want to try and stock up on more draft picks. Look for this to go down to the wire.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
As earlier I leaked that it was going to be a heart breaker cause a fan favorite would get cut. I can confirm that Lee is pretty much safe. The Suns can afford to keep him on the bench until he comes back from injury because of their depth at the position. So Lee is pretty much safe but something can happen.

It is between Bol and Keon which either player will be at the end of the bench. The Suns are currently trying to work out a trade as both players have potential and will be a project. Between the two the Suns seem to be more in favor of keeping Keon and trading Bol since he was a player some teams were seeking early this offseason.

Suns could not trade Ish as teams weren’t interested in trading for him but Bol does seem to have interest from teams. The Suns want to try and stock up on more draft picks. Look for this to go down to the wire.
Players that were signed in free agency can't be traded until December 15th.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have no idea if Keon is safe but I didn't read the same thing in Vogel's comments that others apparently have. He was clearly positive but he'd just said similar things about Little and added that he was going to help the team a lot this year. When he didn't go that far talking about Keon it made me question his future here.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no idea if Keon is safe but I didn't read the same thing in Vogel's comments that others apparently have. He was clearly positive but he'd just said similar things about Little and added that he was going to help the team a lot this year. When he didn't go that far talking about Keon it made me question his future here.

Most of us have been reading into any and all statements by Suns staff for some sort of hint on which direction the team will take. I think that's caused a lot of overanalyzing nothing.

I didn't hear any hints of whether Keon will be here for the season or not. I took it all as Vogel's usual shtick. He hypes guys up when he's asked about them.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’ve wanted to back Keon bc he’s young and was a first round pick and we need some youth. But man, I’m not seeing it.

I like the idea of Keon being able to develop into a contributor since he has elite athletic ability and those guys are fun, but it seems unlikely the 15th man on the roster will have any impact on the team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard