Poll: Final Two Cuts

Final Two Cuts (pick 2):

• Total voters

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of Keon being able to develop into a contributor since he has elite athletic ability and those guys are fun, but it seems unlikely the 15th man on the roster will have any impact on the team.

I don't like thinking of it this way, "the 15th man" although I understand how people look at it this way. I like to look at it as depth.

IMO, it's finding the best 15 players for the team, or having a 3 X 5 roster as James Jones termed it awhile back. It's good to be three deep at every position.

It would have been nice to have had more depth at point guard when Chris Paul was injured in the playoffs against Denver or when Saric went down against the Bucks.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Players that were signed in free agency can't be traded until December 15th.
Since when have league rules stopped Flex er... I mean Germz saying what will happen? ;)

Lol we all know I throw vague stuff out there and hope something sticks.. then run around here like I knew what went down.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol we all know I throw vague stuff out there and hope something sticks.. the run around here like I knew what went down.

You are being much too modest. I think you are hinting about a future trade.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why couldn't we include Ish in the trade? Seems odd that they have that much interest in him. Not like options are an issue because players pick up options all the time and get traded.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns wanted to trying and move Ish to the Blazers for a 2nd rounder but they had the upper hand. Suns had no choice but to blink first. Everyone in the league and the fan base knew Ish was on the bubble.

This is what I was told at the Waffle House meeting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's for the best. Now the Suns can make a decision based strictly on merit and Ish gets the vet minimum.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like for the Suns to find a way to get Duop Reath.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Is that the center that played us in the last preseason game? If so yes we should grab him up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that the center that played us in the last preseason game? If so yes we should grab him up.

Yes, he played well for Portland. It's kind of funny that the two teams like each other's players.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Pretty sure he's Two-Way eligible. Problem is we don't have a G-League team to properly develop guys so I could another team having an edge on a Two-Way deal. Hopefully Ishbia is able to make that happen next season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure he's Two-Way eligible. Problem is we don't have a G-League team to properly develop guys so I could another team having an edge on a Two-Way deal. Hopefully Ishbia is able to make that happen next season.

I'd take Reath on a two-way contract or a standard contract. I like what I saw, better than Bol Bol or Udoka.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
"Duop Reath" is such a cool name that it sounds like it must have been made up. The Suns should pick him up just for that if nothing else.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Duop Reath" is such a cool name that it sounds like it must have been made up. The Suns should pick him up just for that if nothing else.

From what I have seen, Reath can play and would be excellent depth at center.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen, Reath can play and would be excellent depth at center.
I thought he looked decent in our matchup but that's all I know him from. At 27, I'd imagine he has some weaknesses that weren't as evident in our game but even still I'd prefer him to Bol. And with Nurkic's limitations, another big is critical IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he looked decent in our matchup but that's all I know him from. At 27, I'd imagine he has some weaknesses that weren't as evident in our game but even still I'd prefer him to Bol. And with Nurkic's limitations, another big is critical IMO.

I don't know a lot about Duop Reath either, other than he is a 27-year-old rookie who is an Australian basketball player.

He looked skilled, moved well and seemed well worth the look. The Suns don't have many good options for a third center.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about Duop Reath either, other than he is a 27-year-old rookie who is an Australian basketball player.

He looked skilled, moved well and seemed well worth the look. The Suns don't have many good options for a third center.
why are we waiting to grab him? Has he been cut yet?

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why are we waiting to grab him? Has he been cut yet?

Duop Reath was waived by Portland on Saturday, but it takes a couple of days to clear waivers if he is not claimed.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Reath played decent minutes for the australian national team in the FIBA23 World Cup.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson