• Graham Barton - T/G/C - Duke

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • T'Vondre Sweat - DT/NT - Texas

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We've talked a lot about pick #4 but I think at this stage it's likely to be MHJ or Nabers. Both are great and worthy of that pick.

Pick #27 is far more contentious with many more options. So I ran a few mocks to see who was available and these are the most common options.

I really had OT pencilled in for this pick, but every time I ran a mock all the 1st round graded tackles were all gone by #27. I think it's possible all the OT's might be gone by then so with that in mind who would you take?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Free Agency will give us some clue as to what may occur, but I'm inclined to believe that if MHJ is off the board, and no team has an interest in a trade-down, then ALT is the pick at #4 and Defence and WR will then follow later.

In this exercise: MURPHY

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Robinson would have to be the pick there.
He's a choice that I think will be a possible one. He might be gone as well.

Wildcard: Darius Robinson. Looks the part and he was really good at the Senior Bowl. He only had one great year and he's a bit older, but he would add athleticism to the Cardinals front.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tough let about these mock draft simulators is that there are some really weird situations that are hard to imagine happening in real life. Love the mock though and would be happy with those results.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d be happy with any of the options listed depending on FA. All of those players would fill a need and are worthy of that slot.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tough let about these mock draft simulators is that there are some really weird situations that are hard to imagine happening in real life. Love the mock though and would be happy with those results.

I always use NFL Mock Draft Database. It amalgamates the big boards from dozens of analysts to create a single master big board. I find it far more accurate, or at least more in line with the consensus, than any other simulator.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe not. I'd pretty much be happy with one of Cooper, Payton Wilson, or Gray. I expect one of those three to be available.

I think Gray is the only one with a shot at #90.

I think Edgerrin Cooper is better (by far) than any LB in last years class. Watch his game against Alabama. He's a late 1st or early 2nd round talent at worst for me.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Murphy is gone by #27 too.

I think it's not an unrealistic scenario that the options at #27 aren't as attractive as we think they will be.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

I think it's not an unrealistic scenario that the options at #27 aren't as attractive as we think they will be.
that just means somebody else falls to #27

other than QB and whatever position gets taken at #4 -- they can pretty much use help everywhere

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Yep. The fan sites are not indicative of what the NFL thinks. Sometimes they have inside knowledge that the Mel Kipers of the world do not have.

Darius Robinson is the guy that people originally had slated third round, but when people finally had a chance to review tape and look at him at the Senior Bowl, they know he's better than the guys they originally had slated over him.

The reverse scenario also happens.

Six months ago, you saw mocks with Maason Smith going round one and now I see mocks where he isn't even going in the second. Why is that? Because people have had a better chance to look at him and now they know this former five star prospect is a total JAG at the college level.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson