• Mike Kafka

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Lou Anarumo

Votes: 62 72.1%

• Total voters

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Assuming no one else drops out. Who do you want?

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I refuse to vote because no matter who I pick, it won't be right! It's like VJ is just sitting there waiting to have his number called!

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Kafka will actually be a good head coach someday, I just think he may need a couple years. I’ve read good things about Anarumo. He strikes me as firm but fair. I have no idea who his OC or DC will be, but have a feeling he’s made good contacts in that department. Whoever gets the job will have my support. When they hire their guy, I’m going to say “Give this guy a chance and let’s see what he can do!” ….just like I said on November 9, 2016.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Whoever the coach, Bill fooled us all. Really got us this time. Way to go, Bill. 'Keep 'em guessing', that's a good motto to live by!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Anarumo reminds me of Zimmer. At least Kafka wouldn't be a complete about-face / overreaction to Kliff's firing.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anarumo is getting the overwhelming majority of the votes. But here's the deal, does he really have anything to do with the Bengals success as the D coordinator when they have Joe freaking Burrow, Jamar Chase, Tee Higgins and Co on offense? I'm being a bit facetious but really, that team is going win tons of games bc of the QB play.

Kafka has much less experience but this was Daniel Jones best year far and away.

I think you could argue Anarumo has a higher floor but Kafka has the higher ceiling. IMO, since these are neither of our top choices, you take a risk and go with the higher ceiling candidate.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anarumo is getting the overwhelming majority of the votes. But here's the deal, does he really have anything to do with the Bengals success as the D coordinator when they have Joe freaking Burrow, Jamar Chase, Tee Higgins and Co on offense? I'm being a bit facetious but really, that team is going win tons of games bc of the QB play.

Kafka has much less experience but this was Daniel Jones best year far and away.

I think you could argue Anarumo has a higher floor but Kafka has the higher ceiling. IMO, since these are neither of our top choices, you take a risk and go with the higher ceiling candidate.
Actually, in terms of points surrendered, Cincy’s D ranked 6th this season. Conversely, their O ranked 7th in points scored.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Taylor swift good eye candy and been in several cards gm commercials already

Jkin lol I voted Kafka

I'll honestly support whoever hc is mainly up to players to w

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The way things are going, I'm somewhat expecting for news to break tomorrow that one or both of these guys have decided to remain in their current job.
Well if that happens we could always request an interview with Steichen after the SB, if that fails..................we may be SOL & VJ gets it by default.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Allow me to be serious for a change today. I don't think Michael Bidwill is that concerned/worried about who the coach is. Let's face it, we have been through a ton of them. It was the GM that was the key to the off-season. It was to him who Michael would be turning over his team to.

The key to our future is our new GM and the next two coming drafts. If the coach they hire turns out to be nothing but a fall guy, so be it. The important thing will be those 2 drafts and the fate of Murray and his contract.

So I think it best we all take a deep breath, and a bit of a time out, over this head coaching hire. Yes, we want to get it right. But as I said, for Michael and the long run (including the fans and our future) the heavy lifting has been done if he got the right GM.

I know little about GM hires and owner/gm relationships, so have few thoughts or feelings about our new guy. It seems Michael sees something he, not only likes but, trusts in him tremendously to hand him the keys.

So with that, I will set my anxiety aside, and sit back curiously watching where the next 2 years take us. I don't think any of us are expecting great things next season. So let's enjoy the coming draft, anticipate giving whoever our new coach is a mulligan for next season, and then the following season we should have an idea how he and Murray cliches, and if he is the right coach for what this team has shaped into by New Year 2025.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Allow me to be serious for a change today. I don't think Michael Bidwill is that concerned/worried about who the coach is. Let's face it, we have been through a ton of them. It was the GM that was the key to the off-season. It was to him who Michael would be turning over his team to.

The key to our future is our new GM and the next two coming drafts. If the coach they hire turns out to be nothing but a fall guy, so be it. The important thing will be those 2 drafts and the fate of Murray and his contract.

So I think it best we all take a deep breath, and a bit of a time out, over this head coaching hire. Yes, we want to get it right. But as I said, for Michael and the long run (including the fans and our future) the heavy lifting has been done if he got the right GM.

I know little about GM hires and owner/gm relationships, so have few thoughts or feelings about our new guy. It seems Michael sees something he, not only likes but, trusts in him tremendously to hand him the keys.

So with that, I will set my anxiety aside, and sit back curiously watching where the next 2 years take us. I don't think any of us are expecting great things next season. So let's enjoy the coming draft, anticipate giving whoever our new coach is a mulligan for next season, and then the following season we should have an idea how he and Murray cliches, and if he is the right coach for what this team has shaped into by New Year 2025.
I think our drafts will be really good from now on & if Anarumo is hired eventually our defense will be able to hang with the good offenses in the NFL. I have no idea about whom his OC will be but if I have to guess it will be someone familiar with the Rams offense the Bengals run.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Nick Sirianni was a three-season O-coordinator in Indy under Frank Reich, who did the play calling.

The Colts finished 10th, 19th, and 12th in offensive DVOA, a measure of offensive success.

More than a few questioned whether he qualified or was the best choice for the Eagles.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Two things:
— Could the Cards be waiting for Super Bowl’s finish to interview a candidate who is not yet available for an interview? Wouldn’t be disappointed with that scenario.
— Read yesterday that VJ had been told that he was no longer a finalist and that he could look for other opportunities. Is this true. Only seen the one reference.