Votes: 10 18.2%
  • No way Jose!

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Fitz wasn’t considered generational. If so, he failed to achieve that goal. He was just insanely safe.
I think insanely safe is a good way to look at Harrison, as opposed to generational as I labeled him earlier. This team HAS to hit on that pick and that’s why I think it would be insane to skip on the chance to take who I think is guaranteed to be a 1200 yard 8 TD WR, at a desperate position of need.

A lot of people keep saying what if this is Julio/Green? My fear is what if it’s Fitz/Roy Williams? Go with the Julio/Fitz level prospect and don’t worry about if you get the right #2 WR prospect. We’ve got a “hail” of picks from last year. We should be able to use that to really build the team, while ALSO getting the top rated non-QB prospect in the draft and one of the best at their position in a long time.

This just ain’t rocket science.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah. Fitz wasn’t considered generational. If so, he failed to achieve that goal. He was just insanely safe.
Eh this is a bit of a strange take on the #2 all time receiver.

To be fair, the concept of "generational" wasn't really brought into play until probably the last ten years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
didnt achieve?? Retired pretty firmly seated as the second ranked wr of all time...a guy who can play that long and put up decent numbers along the way is pretty generational....much better than a guy who puts up gawdy numbers and disappears after 8 years
One all pro. His career was very accomplished and spanned multiple generations, but he was never in any season the best player at his position.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
One all pro. His career was very accomplished and spanned multiple generations, but he was never in any season the best player at his position.
so??
WTF does that have to do with being a generational player?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd wager Fitzgerald would have received a lot more accolades if he didn't play with a lot of the dreck he played with at QB and if he played in a better market.

Devin Booker has had a lot of the same issues.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Eh this is a bit of a strange take on the #2 all time receiver.

To be fair, the concept of "generational" wasn't really brought into play until probably the last ten years.
Dominance is more than counting stats.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I guess Fitz is in the conversation but Moss and Rice were “the best I ever saw”
Agreed. Megatron was better over a shorter term, no way to know if he would have kept it up. Owens is in the conversation as well. Andre Johnson was also better over a shorter term, but longevity does matter.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
so??
WTF does that have to do with being a generational player?
How are you generational without ever being the best at your position in a single year? Larry is the WR equivalent of Emmitt Smith.
I'd wager Fitzgerald would have received a lot more accolades if he didn't play with a lot of the dreck he played with at QB and if he played in a better market.

Devin Booker has had a lot of the same issues.
Well, this is the universe we live in.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz proved he was special in the playoffs. He had the biggest playoff numbers, ever, in 2007 and had great games in his other two appearances as well. When the pressure was the greatest, he delivered.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Fitz proved he was special in the playoffs. He had the biggest playoff numbers, ever, in 2007 and had great games in his other two appearances as well.
Small sample size. Still very impressive but Randy Moss and Jerry Rice also had good playoff games.

There’s no shame in being WR Emmitt Smith! I don’t get why people are so triggered.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small sample size. Still very impressive but Randy Moss and Jerry Rice also had good playoff games.

There’s no shame in being WR Emmitt Smith! I don’t get why people are so triggered.
That isn't even a good analogy because the Cowboys offense was loaded. Fitz had to endure a lot of bad QBs, and running games, and still produced every year

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Agreed. Megatron was better over a shorter term, no way to know if he would have kept it up. Owens is in the conversation as well. Andre Johnson was also better over a shorter term, but longevity does matter.
Pretty sure Calvin Johnson could’ve eaten targets for another few seasons and accumulated counting stats but for deplorable Lions ownership/GM/coaching/competitiveness.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Thats a remarkable overpay to move down two slots.

Yes it would be a massive overpay by the Giants and the Cardinals would be foolish not to take it.

My guess of a fair trade so the Giants could move up for a QB would look like:

Cardinals give up:
2024 #4 overall

Giants give up:
2024 #6 overall
2024 #47 overall
2024 #140 overall
2025 3rd rounder

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
How are you generational without ever being the best at your position in a single year? Larry is the WR equivalent of Emmitt Smith.

Well, this is the universe we live in.
How about being the best at your position over a sustained period?
Longevity counts.
I would much rather have an 11-1200yd wr for 15 years than a 15-1600yd wr for 6 years...
Nobody called Tom Brady generational at his draft...and had he retired at 32 he wouldn't be the goat.

Pure foolishness.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it would be a massive overpay by the Giants and the Cardinals would be foolish not to take it.

My guess of a fair trade so the Giants could move up for a QB would look like:

Cardinals give up:
2024 #4 overall

Giants give up:
2024 #6 overall
2024 #47 overall
2024 #140 overall
2025 3rd rounder
I’d take that too…. Then take Nabers or Odunze and still try and trade up from #27

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That is silly. You are moving down 2 spots for 2 additional possible starters - really 1 spot because you know your spot will be a QB

It's literally insane - especially if you value Odunze at nearly the same level as Harrison which I do. You would have to do this deal.
What if Odi gets snagged by the chargers? OL or Nabers?

I really think if they trade down it will be for a haul to position ourselves for a top defensive pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What if Odi gets snagged by the chargers? OL or Nabers?

I really think if they trade down it will be for a haul to position ourselves for a top defensive pick.
I think you trade down if your idea is to get Dallas Turner at the back end of the top ten.

What if...the Cardinals sign Mike Evans and now Edge becomes the top need?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Only guys I consider better than Fitz are Rice, Moss, Calvin (peak) and maybe TO but he was a prick so…. Michael Irvin has a case.
I liked this post until I saw Michael Irvin. He's probably 10th, not top five. Andre Johnson and Marvin Harrison were better than Irvin
Probably a few others.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard