76ers @ Suns Saturday game thread 3-25-2023

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biz played like he used to when he'd face the Suns. No name or role playing Centers usually have career nights against the Suns and it was nice to be the beneficiary of one of those outings for a change. The fact he did it against an MVP candidate is even more impressive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh.. I am done.. I stayed away and this is the result we got..

Good win that was needed..

Nah. You are good. We need you.

The Suns finally figured it out. The Suns took it to the basket and let the smalls double down low and help out with the fouls.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could tell the Suns wanted to make amends for last night by the way they played in the 2nd half.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I think the most important aspect of the game was fouls. I know it's been bedlam between us and the refs. Still gets me pissy but let us freaking play man. I'm also a big fan of keeping TJ in the rotation
Noticed that too

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Everyone has to show up to work early.

Not only did the Suns lose last night but Mullet Man out performed him. Not only that but Monty has been testing out new small ball line ups. Sounds like big man said asterisk that

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the most important aspect of the game was fouls. I know it's been bedlam between us and the refs. Still gets me pissy but let us freaking play man. I'm also a big fan of keeping TJ in the rotation

I mentioned it before but I liked the Suns doubling down low instead of letting the big men take all the fouls.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve said it before but TJ needed minutes and touches, and not being related to standing in the corner. I was always a Warren fan and still am.

Ross is a good complimentary player to Warren. Who cares if they don’t rack up the assets, that’s not their role as part of the second unit.

Finally guys are sitting that should be sitting. First is Lee, his defense is awful and the worse of Shamet and Ross. Second Baz, still didn’t show anything even in garbage time. Ish, he can be serviceable on some matchups from game to game and he’d be the first of the bench to spell someone for a minutes or less before a quarter ends.

Shamet shots have been flat the last two games. Flat and short. Payne also had some flat runners but did manage to drop a couple tonight.

I got tired of Okogie trying to make things happen on offense while we had better offensive guys in the game. Okogie sometimes makes up his mind that once he gets it, he’s going to score.

Once again, seriously, I forgot ayton was on the team until they showed him in a black vinyl shirt? Idk what that was. KD is funny because he just shows up in ghetto form.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve said it before but TJ needed minutes and touches, and not being related to standing in the corner. I was always a Warren fan and still am.

Ross is a good complimentary player to Warren. Who cares if they don’t rack up the assets, that’s not their role as part of the second unit.

Finally guys are sitting that should be sitting. First is Lee, his defense is awful and the worse of Shamet and Ross. Second Baz, still didn’t show anything even in garbage time. Ish, he can be serviceable on some matchups from game to game and he’d be the first of the bench to spell someone for a minutes or less before a quarter ends.

Shamet shots have been flat the last two games. Flat and short. Payne also had some flat runners but did manage to drop a couple tonight.

I got tired of Okogie trying to make things happen on offense while we had better offensive guys in the game. Okogie sometimes makes up his mind that once he gets it, he’s going to score.

Once again, seriously, I forgot ayton was on the team until they showed him in a black vinyl shirt? Idk what that was. KD is funny because he just shows up in ghetto form.
Ghetto form lol, I like he was up moving around laughing and engaged you can tell he want a to play! Nothing to complain about tonight took down a beast in the east on a back to back without two huge starters for us! Great win any way you look at it and much needed.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Didn’t see this one coming. Nice win to get back to 4th but I don’t see us fending off Golden St given their creampuff schedule.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
The key was to integrate Warren and Ross better into the offensive game plan, while somehow covering their relative deficiency on defense. They are the only capable scorers off bench, at least 3 of Book, Paul, Ross, Warren should be on court to keep a sound balance of O and D. We need to have set plays to get Ross a bit more space for catch and shoot.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If by chance Suns play Sixers in finals{I know small chance} its nice to know Biz and Ayton can slow down their big Hall of Famer. Human torch and Tony Buckets have to be in rotation. The West is the Best, The Doors 1967 This is the End.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If by chance Suns play Sixers in finals{I know small chance} its nice to know Biz and Ayton can slow down their big Hall of Famer. Human torch and Tony Buckets have to be in rotation. The West is the Best, The Doors 1967 This is the End.

Ayton sucks against Embiid tho. Not confident in that matchup

djm75

Rookie
Reaction score
I wonder what goes through Ayton’s mind when looking at Biz put in great effort every time he steps onto the court

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe I’m being too optimistic, but I think the suns have turned the corner in the last two games. Book is attacking the basket, stupid fouls and turnovers decreased greatly and the rotation finally seems locked in.

need to win this game against Utah and keep the momentum going.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I’m being too optimistic, but I think the suns have turned the corner in the last two games. Book is attacking the basket, stupid fouls and turnovers decreased greatly and the rotation finally seems locked in.

need to win this game against Utah and keep the momentum going.
I don't know if we've turned a corner but we have a lot of guys I'd like if they weren't being asked to start or be high in the rotation. But if TJ and Ross can step up and play like they are top 7 players we should be in good shape when KD returns.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
EAyton sucks against Embiid tho. Not confident in that matchup
everyone sucks against him you just have to wait tell the 4th qt. Not the most in shape center in the league one thing Ayton can be in the forth qt.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr