2015-16 season thread

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one is expecting much from this team so there is no pressure. I think it will be exciting watching the young guys develop.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2-0!!

LA game was a gift from a slow Quick and just all around bad play by LA. We were not great but everything went our way.

The Pitt game was much better, especially the second half.

This team could surprise a lot of people if they bring that level of energy to the game and we can get consistent scoring. Lord knows, we're due for a bit of luck.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The young guys are at it again. Duclair has two first-period goals and Domi has added another and the Coyotes are up 3-0 over Anaheim in the first period.

Last edited:

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If this keeps up, we will need more than one thread to cover the season! :)

It is pretty exciting watching them. Solid offense, defense, and penalty kill thus far. Outstanding tending. The PP is the only "stinker" thus far.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Smitty with another tremendous night - 37 saves! I am a bit concerned with the number of shots he is seeing, particularly since we seem to be out-shot by sizeable margins thus far. But, man do our guys know how to make our shots count!!

Also, as fun and exciting as its' been so far, I have to say that for the first time that I can recall, Doan is finally looking his age... He seems pathetically slow and ineffective. I hope it doesn't hurt us.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smitty with another tremendous night - 37 saves! I am a bit concerned with the number of shots he is seeing, particularly since we seem to be out-shot by sizeable margins thus far. But, man do our guys know how to make our shots count!!

Also, as fun and exciting as its' been so far, I have to say that for the first time that I can recall, Doan is finally looking his age... He seems pathetically slow and ineffective. I hope it doesn't hurt us.

Shots that are kept to the perimeter, like the majority of the Ducks were last night, are not that concerning. In fact, a lot of those long shots are easily directed by Smitty, if not outright collected by him and passed up ice to a streaking winger. The Yotes were efficient in shots because of the quality of the chances. I've always felt scoring chances were a better indicator of where your offense is versus shot count alone.

I noticed Doan sliding last year, but it is looking pretty rough this year. He still brings a lot of heart and leadership to the table and he's a notoriously slow starter anyway.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this keeps up, we will need more than one thread to cover the season! :)

It is pretty exciting watching them. Solid offense, defense, and penalty kill thus far. Outstanding tending. The PP is the only "stinker" thus far.

:biglaugh:

If we can get Boedker to round out his defensive game enough, we could end up being deadly on the PP with him on point. Or, we could just bring Yandle back next year. :D

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Domi and Duclair keeping the Yotes alive in this game tonight! The team has a total of 13 goals so far this season, 8 of them from rookies!
Yotes down 4-2 heading into the 3rd...

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yotes lose 4-3. Sloppy/Tired first period did them in. Still a great start at 3-1.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't win them all but I hope they give Smith a rest when they have back-to-back games.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yotes fall 3-2 in overtime. They give up another short handed goal. So that is 4 SH against 2 PP goals, right? Duclair and Domi make it worth watching, but it is tough to keep watching the same sloppiness.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Coyotes lose to the Rangers 4-1. I do get tired of the Mike Smith show. The goal on the play he just gave up on after creating the turnover himself was just inexcusable. He actually stood there, relaxed, in the crease with his back to the puck, as if the play were dead for some reason. It was 1-1 at the time in the 3rd period, and the team fell apart after that. The lone Coyotes goal was again set up by Domi. So there is that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard