Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe we can find out about both over time?

Well, I think we are currently witnesses to the results of the "executive".

Maybe watching him totally fail as a coach too will convince Ishbia that Thomas can come over to dinner but he can't plan the menu.

That said, I think Thomas is too controversial to become coach, or even get a real title, we're going to be stuck with this 'quasi-GM entirely probable conspiracy theory' for a while, unless Thomas goes and harasses some more women.

Best hope for a quick fix right now might be the return of Mike D'Antoni... at least we'd have an offense and a coach with some fire. Team seems perfect for him, imbalanced, no depth, no youth. It's his dream roster.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Maybe losing to Ayton is embarrassing enough for the Suns to get their act together???

LOL wishful thinking

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
What's worse is I know a lot of pothead hippies in Potland and they call themselves the Blazers - and im definitely going to hear about this as Ive laughed at them for months

MONTHS

I don't know what going on with this team

Tired of defending them

Doesn't matter who's injured when nobody can hit a freaking 3

We lock in and it's great - then we just lose it again - whatever it is - we have it - but we lose it like the grandma who still knows who you are but

I'm not touching Vogel - he's been fired in here since the Lakers - I'm not going to try and kevin costner him out of here like I did Monty - Whitney is on her own

Seriously tired of sticking up for this team because there's no lack of talent - we are just in some type of suck vortex

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This offense makes absolutely no sense. We should be dropping 120 with ease on most nights and yet we are barely getting over 100 against poor defenses. Is that a Vogel issue, because it's not a personnel issue IMO?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have to try something. They already aired it out last season at the trade deadline.

This team is like a ship without a rudder... it's a lot like playground basketball.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This offense makes absolutely no sense. We should be dropping 120 with ease on most nights and yet we are barely getting over 100 against poor defenses. Is that a Vogel issue, because it's not a personnel issue IMO?

We play reeeeeeeeally slow.

Sadly, a lot of that is on Booker and Durant. They both dribble and dribble and dribble... until they either get a shot they like (and probably a difficult one at that) or they pass to someone outside... or someone on the wrong team.

It is very rare that we get a shot up early in the clock. Even when we do have guys get to the rim, they often pick their dribble up and look to pass, it is maddening.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Sadly, a lot of that is on Booker and Durant. They both dribble and dribble and dribble... until they either get a shot they like (and probably a difficult one at that) or they pass to someone outside... or someone on the wrong team.

It is very rare that we get a shot up early in the clock. Even when we do have guys get to the rim, they often pick their dribble up and look to pass, it is maddening.

Correct. What tells me its coaching however is when they come out of timeouts, its the same BS. Vogel doesnt draw up any sets or motion, its laughable

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's either a coaching issue or playground basketball with Booker and Durant making up plays.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I know, but is it an issue because of our personnel or is it poor coaching? Obviously no CP, but we tended to play slow with him as well.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Well, I think we are currently witnesses to the results of the "executive".

Maybe watching him totally fail as a coach too will convince Ishbia that Thomas can come over to dinner but he can't plan the menu.

That said, I think Thomas is too controversial to become coach, or even get a real title, we're going to be stuck with this 'quasi-GM entirely probable conspiracy theory' for a while, unless Thomas goes and harasses some more women.

Best hope for a quick fix right now might be the return of Mike D'Antoni... at least we'd have an offense and a coach with some fire. Team seems perfect for him, imbalanced, no depth, no youth. It's his dream roster.

As always, I want Jeff Van Gundy.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I overrated this roster but they’re still far too talented to look this bad. I said it last week that they play like a team that’s never practiced on either side of the ball. Worse yet is it’s only a matter of time before KD and Nurk suffer their annual injury and Book is no iron man either. Right now they’re probably a play-in team at best.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, it is not.

He was one of the worst executives ever, while just being simply a clueless coach.

You're not wrong. Creating the worst roster in the NBA while also being the most expensive is something that is mind boggling, I don't know if anyone else, in any sport, has accomplished that feat, but he was also a reeeeeeeeally bad coach.

On paper, he doesn't look that terrible because of his record with the Pacers, but when you compare how the Pacers played before he got hired (title contender), during his tenure and (fringe playoff team) then their huge resurgence after he got canned, it is rather clear that he was a terrible coach who dragged down a really really good roster.