Kings @ Suns Tuesday game thread 1-16-2024

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns return home for one game to play the Kings on Tuesday.

Afterward, they travel to New Orleans to play the Pelicans on Friday.

The Suns are now 21-18 after their win over the Trail Blazers.

Kings are 23-16. They have lost their last two games at the 76ers and Bucks respectively.

When: Tuesday, 1-16-2024

Television: Suns Live, Arizona's Family 3TV / Arizona's Family Sports

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 7:00 PM Arizona time

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
Should be a good benchmark game to see if Suns can beat a tough team of comparable standings. Suns coming off 2 game win streak. Kings coming off 2 game losing streak. If Suns continue to play on/off defense, it could get ugly. It's an automatic that Kings will hit 3s at some historic rate, as most teams do against Suns, especially in 4th qtr. I hope Bol Bol is back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no shame in the Kings losing road games to the 76ers and Bucks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This needs to be a win.

We're like 3 and 13 against teams with winning records or something. Most of the remaining schedule is winning teams, they need to turn that number around fast. The halfway mark is coming up, the urgency needs to be there. Gotta start playing hard every night and not just for a quarter or 2.

If we don't start beating good teams we WILL miss the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This needs to be a win.

We're like 3 and 13 against teams with winning records or something. Most of the remaining schedule is winning teams, they need to turn that number around fast. The halfway mark is coming up, the urgency needs to be there. Gotta start playing hard every night and not just for a quarter or 2.

Bradley Beal voiced more warning signs. He has been critical of the Suns defense.

I will again replay the interviews with him after the game with the Trail Blazers.

Personally, I didn't think the Lakers played well against the Suns so Phoenix shouldn't pat themselves on the back after that win either.

Also, Bradley Beal talks about the rotation. On Kevin Durant 4th: "Give him the ball."

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This needs to be a win.

Well, I agree something needs to change to make the playoffs. I don't think we are playing nearly well enough to do so.

Our schedule has actually been cake up to this point.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
ESPN analytics have us as the clear favorite in this game, surprisingly. Vegas does too, we're 4.5 point favorites.

Big 3 back and Sac has lost their last 2 games, albeit to powerhouse teams.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Massive test for suns vs tough fox kings team

Hope to see big showings by kd book beal nurik on boards and.gordon off bench hit shots

Bong will be rdy fingers heavily crossed....

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beal v Fox should be interesting.

I've always thought Fox was Beal 2.0.
Wasnt fox the pg who had speed but awful shot percentage has he improved on that? Havent watched kings much

Funny my uncle from lake tahoe kings are his fav team lol he texted me tod sayin gl lol

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasnt fox the pg who had speed but awful shot percentage has he improved on that? Havent watched kings much

Funny my uncle from lake tahoe kings are his fav team lol he texted me tod sayin gl lol

De'Aaron Fox is a 2023 NBA All-Star Fox and Clutch player of the Year. His shooting is fine.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
De'Aaron Fox is a 2023 NBA All-Star Fox and Clutch player of the Year. His shooting is fine.

Wow, I had heard anecdotally that his 3point shooting has improved, but that kind of undersells it. He's shooting a career high in percentage (just shy of 39%) and attempts (8.2). Pretty impressive.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I dont think they are using Yuta properly wither. They dont have an offense or a true point guard that sets up three-point shooters. I think its all scheming and coaching. Yuta used to be good for hitting those corner threes early on.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont think they are using Yuta properly wither. They dont have an offense or a true point guard that sets up three-point shooters. I think its all scheming and coaching. Yuta used to be good for hitting those corner threes early on.

Half his 3 point attempts are considered "wide open" and he is shooting 27% on them. I think his problems are his own.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d take all of them hitting their averages tonight haha! Just want to see team ball and improvement as always. Wins are icing on the cake but want to see guys into the game and playing with little to no mental lapses and taking plays off! We do that we compete with any team period!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson