Suns @ Trail Blazers Sunday game thread 1-14-2024

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
Could be me, but I feel when we use Bol Bol and Azuibuke we look a bit better on defense and tougher to score on. Our bench gives us a different look.

When we play other lineups - Eubanks, Metu etc. we look your dime a dozen weak 2nd unit.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
Could be me, but I feel when we use Bol Bol and Azuibuke we look a bit better on defense and tougher to score on. Our bench gives us a different look.

When we play other lineups - Eubanks, Metu etc. we look your dime a dozen weak 2nd unit.
What happened to Eubanks? Early in season he was skying over opposition for blocks. Now he looks like G league material.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s no longer on our team?

Udoka is still on a two-way contract with the Suns.

I'm just saying, there is a reason the Jazz let him walk. He is only making $559,782 with the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He seems to have lost all confidence. It's kinda like watching Yuta out there.

If Nurk ever goes down with injury, Suns are FUBR at center.

This is my concern. Eubanks is relatively small for a center and counting on Bol Bol to bang with centers is asking too much.

The Suns would be reduced to small ball centers in Metu and Durant or playing Udoka.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
This is my concern. Eubanks is relatively small for a center and counting on Bol Bol to bang with centers is asking too much.

The Suns would be reduced to small ball centers in Metu and Durant or playing Udoka.
Joker or Greek Freak or AD (and a host of others) would have their way with our bigs at that point!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was exhausted after gm.l n great to see suns beat few medicore teams back to back

Lets keep climbing above .500 even more

Good gms by book beal kd nurik on boards

Hoping gordon picks it up.soon

420 sour desil sativa kush hit with mornin coffee on w im watchin highligjts :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
EJ made a great during the game. When the big 3 are in teams are regularly double teaming book and Durant. That leaves two great options:

Open 3 for allen
One-on-one opportunity for beal

They should sus out the double in the first plays in the game giving the ball to book and then kd on the wing. If they’re doubled, start feeding beal and let him eat. It’s literally why we have three stars. Beal working one-on-one is literally better than anyone else taking an open shot unless it’s Nurk for an uncontested dunk or a wide open 3 for Allen.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
EJ made a great during the game. When the big 3 are in teams are regularly double teaming book and Durant. That leaves two great options:

Open 3 for allen
One-on-one opportunity for beal

They should sus out the double in the first plays in the game giving the ball to book and then kd on the wing. If they’re doubled, start feeding beal and let him eat. It’s literally why we have three stars. Beal working one-on-one is literally better than anyone else taking an open shot unless it’s Nurk for an uncontested dunk or a wide open 3 for Allen.
and if beal continues to live up to the moment it'll only open things up more for book/kd

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A win is a win, good teams routinely get challenged in today’s NBA when teams jack up over 40 threes and hit 20 or more. Shoot the Rockets almost beat the Sixers and only hit 8 threes no team is just a give me win anymore with the reckless 3 point shooting today! Willing to bet we beat them worse if their starters were in as not sure they jack up threes with nothing to lose. That’s always the risk of playing nobody’s is they have nothing to fear jack em up all night and they were short handed so not like you’ll get benched lol. Let’s see how they show up against the Kings willing to bet the better competition will bring the better Version of us out as well like the Lakers game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A win is a win, good teams routinely get challenged in today’s NBA when teams jack up over 40 threes and hit 20 or more. Shoot the Rockets almost beat the Sixers and only hit 8 threes no team is just a give me win anymore with the reckless 3 point shooting today! Willing to bet we beat them worse if their starters were in as not sure they jack up threes with nothing to lose. That’s always the risk of playing nobody’s is they have nothing to fear jack em up all night and they were short handed so not like you’ll get benched lol. Let’s see how they show up against the Kings willing to bet the better competition will bring the better Version of us out as well like the Lakers game.

If the Suns were playing good defense, I'd feel better about the team.

Listen to those Bradley Beal interviews talking about the Suns defense.

He made this comment after the Trail Blazers game: "I think we took a step back and I think we all know that."

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns were playing good defense, I'd feel better about the team.

Listen to those Bradley Beal interviews talking about the Suns defense.

He made this comment after the Trail Blazers game: "I think we took a step back and I think we all know that."
Of course teams routinely don’t show up if the other team is missing a bunch of guys. Unfortunately it’s natural to people to feel like they don’t have to play real hard to beat scrubs. But they did what they needed to do every time it was getting close they would push it back up, yeah we would love to see a blowout but that doesn’t happen when teams hit 20 threes. We have to many miscommunications leading to open threes this is where coaching needs to be doing something about it. Vogel is failing right now, the same way Monty would rely on CP3, I think Vogel is relying on talent overcoming errors instead of getting them corrected.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course teams routinely don’t show up if the other team is missing a bunch of guys. Unfortunately it’s natural to people to feel like they don’t have to play real hard to beat scrubs. But they did what they needed to do every time it was getting close they would push it back up, yeah we would love to see a blowout but that doesn’t happen when teams hit 20 threes. We have to many miscommunications leading to open threes this is where coaching needs to be doing something about it. Vogel is failing right now, the same way Monty would rely on CP3, I think Vogel is relying on talent overcoming errors instead of getting them corrected.

We agree, Frank Vogel is not getting the best out of the Suns, however, Phoenix is not good enough to take any team lightly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lemme get this straight, you’re saying it’s better to play a team at full strength. Okay…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lemme get this straight, you’re saying it’s better to play a team at full strength. Okay…
Totally valid argument. Remember what happened the last time we played the blazers at fuller strength.

Oh… wait a second…