Suns @ Trail Blazers Sunday game thread 1-14-2024

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Don't confuse deferring with laziness.

There are times in the 4th where he should dominate bu for whatever reason he tries to get other guys involved. Good in the first q but not in he 4th.

KD has always been about 15% too nonchalant. It’s the difference between him being top-20 and top-10 all time. He just wants to hoop, go thru the motions and play with his friends.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah the coach needs to get in these guys butts! I don’t want the big 3 deferring in the 4th unless they have too! I’d rather go down with KD shooting as opposed to some of the ******** passing he does late in games! Give me Book, Beal, KD shooting over anybody else on the floor! Damn well shouldn’t be forcing the ball to freaking Nurk late!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bench is weak again.
Yeah EG has been trash lately, he played like 27-28 minutes and hit 1 three that is freaking terrible! Metu was our best production from the bench with 8 pretty pathetic showing from the bench guys. J O is just a freaking disaster lately. Just came in tonight thinking it was gonna be a cakewalk since they were missing guys, and then got blasted with HOT three point shooting all night long!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bradley Beal said something to the effect, the Suns took a step back defensively tonight.

Kudos for his honesty.

I didn't think they had the room to take a step back.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Great Beal interview. He said tonight was a step back from the Lakers game. Really was mad about their D, and offense. Said they didn't play with intensity they need to have to be where they want to be.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s showed out more than freaking Eubanks! Would rather see the you neg player with size and potential than Drew stinking it up doing nothing right!

There is no denying that. However, Udoka doesn't move that well for a big man.

It shows the Suns need more size and athleticism at the 4/5.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was critical of Nurkic' defense early, but he made some key plays in the 4th quarter, especially on that block of Scoot's layup attempt.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
It's typical for our D that we don't pay enough attention to the hot hands and often over help in the paint that enabled open 3pt shots. When freaking Murray tried to drive facing EG, Allen didn't need to leave Simmons to help/double Murray. It's the natural tendency by most players but needs to change and adapt to the game situation. Otherwise, the big-3 took rolls to initiate with good effect. Beal really is the pace changer as his manner to manuevor in the paint is different from Book and KD and create good chances for us. They need to work on D more.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Disgrace! Can't protect or extend a double digit lead with 2 days off
against one of the worst teams in the NBA.
That's about the way I seen it,,,,,pathetic. The Blazers with so many players out, stood tall with their 3 pt shooting. If the Suns allow that
against a weak team, the better teams will crush the Suns.

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score
That's about the way I seen it,,,,,pathetic. The Blazers with so many players out, stood tall with their 3 pt shooting. If the Suns allow that
against a weak team, the better teams will crush the Suns.
Very true, but the way I see it, Suns as constructed, are always going to struggle against young tall teams with tenacious rebounding. So Suns lose to the likes of Spurs, etc…Suns aren’t built for that. This would have been an ideal game for Bol Bol if he wasn’t injured.

a recurring theme is Suns opponents go crazy with 3s in 4th qtr while Suns can’t buy a 3. I would like for 4th qtr Suns with 10+ point lead, to stop bricking 3s and instead drive to hoop or go with patented midrange shots.