Would you trade Murray for Prescott straight up?

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why, Prescott sucks. Kyler at least has the physical gifts to be a top QB - Prescott is as average as they come in every way.

Kyler hasn’t been stellar himself. I personally don’t like his body language and how he approaches the game. I know issue of him having to study was dropped out of his contract but if that wasn’t a problem then that wouldn’t have even been brought up.

He just doesn’t come off as someone who wants to be great. He just seems like a guy who is good at football and it is his job. He shows up to practice and plays but is looking forward to going home and jumping on Call of Duty.

I get there is life outside of football or whatever sports athletes play and they need a life but thats just the vibe I get from KM.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well maybe because he outperforms Kyler in every possible metric except running the football which is secondary to a QBs overall job?
It's not secondary at all. Overall danger to the defense the QB presents is what matters.

He has had a better supporting cast, and a better coaching staff at least until last year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well maybe because he outperforms Kyler in every possible metric except running the football which is secondary to a QBs overall job?
He’s also been surrounded by significantly more talent. Dak pads his stats against the trash teams & is woeful against solid competition. Kyler for sure & it‘s not even close.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler hasn’t been stellar himself. I personally don’t like his body language and how he approaches the game. I know issue of him having to study was dropped out of his contract but if that wasn’t a problem then that wouldn’t have even been brought up.

He just doesn’t come off as someone who wants to be great. He just seems like a guy who is good at football and it is his job. He shows up to practice and plays but is looking forward to going home and jumping on Call of Duty.

I get there is life outside of football or whatever sports athletes play and they need a life but thats just the vibe I get from KM.
You obviously have been living in a cave the last year. I personally don’t think there are many QB’s in the NFL that want to win as badly as Kyler does.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You obviously have been living in a cave the last year. I personally don’t think there are many QB’s in the NFL that want to win as badly as Kyler does.

We aren’t talking about every other QB in the league. Its between Dak and Kyler. There hasn’t been much from Kyler that I have seen that says he wants to be great. People questioned him and video game. People questioned his off season workout.

When people question things there are some small truths to it. Obviously the studying thing had to be an issue or else why would it came up?

Dak has done more than Kyler from what I seen. Yes the potential for Kyler is there and higher than Dak but I rather go with what I see.

Every year where they both had a full season Dak has out performed Kyler.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He’s also been surrounded by significantly more talent. Dak pads his stats against the trash teams & is woeful against solid competition. Kyler for sure & it‘s not even close.
You had me up until the bolded. I can’t say “for sure” and “not even close.”

Dak is presently better and likely his peak. Kyler hasn’t reached Dak’s level but has more upside imo.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not really, because of age and lack of talent on the team as a whole.

In a vacuum, on a competitive roster, to win now? Hell yes.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would for one year. No way would I sign Dak to a long deal. But to send KM packing my answer is yes. I am not hopeful of KM ever being consistent or healthy in the long run.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I mean we’re all clearly Cardinal homers. As evidenced by the results of this silly question. There is no objective way anyone can say that KM is a better QB than Dak. Literally none.

Dak has a better overall career Comp %, better YPA, Better QB rating, Better TD/Int ratio etc etc etc…. It’s really not even that close. Dak isn’t as mobile but Kyler has been shying away from using that as a weapon as of late so not really as big a factor imo. They have both had major leg injuries at one point in their careers already.

If they both were the same age I would 100% pick Dak. But being that Kyler is about a half a decade younger and still hopefully on the upswing? I’ll still take Kyler.
Could have saved everyone a lot of reading time, if you started with your last paragraph.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Absolutely not.

Prescott has had superior O-line and plenty of weapons. He has produced more wins, but crumbles against good teams. Kyler has shown more against in tough games and would have had the same production if he had been surrounded by as many good players.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Absolutely not.

Prescott has had superior O-line and plenty of weapons. He has produced more wins, but crumbles against good teams. Kyler has shown more against in tough games and would have had the same production if he had been surrounded by as many good players.
OK. What are Kyler’s biggest wins?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't do the trade as of now. Dak is what 5 years older? His SB window is shorter and we'd have to squint with one eye to say we could be a playoff team. By the time we'd be good, he'd probably not be the same QB.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We aren’t talking about every other QB in the league. Its between Dak and Kyler. There hasn’t been much from Kyler that I have seen that says he wants to be great. People questioned him and video game. People questioned his off season workout.

When people question things there are some small truths to it. Obviously the studying thing had to be an issue or else why would it came up?

Dak has done more than Kyler from what I seen. Yes the potential for Kyler is there and higher than Dak but I rather go with what I see.

Every year where they both had a full season Dak has out performed Kyler.
Like I said earlier, if you didn’t see a burning desire to win by Kyler this year under JG, then you somehow were living in a cave. Dak isn’t even remotely as talented as Murray. Not with his arm or his legs. And even with a plethora of talent that’s been put around him, Dak chokes more than any perceived top level NFL QB in the league. This is Dak’s last opportunity to prove to the Cowboys that he’s not a choking dog. Otherwise, he won’t even be a Cowboy next year at this time.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, if you didn’t see a burning desire to win by Kyler this year under JG, then you somehow were living in a cave. Dak isn’t even remotely as talented as Murray. Not with his arm or his legs. And even with a plethora of talent that’s been put around him, Dak chokes more than any perceived top level NFL QB in the league. This is Dak’s last opportunity to prove to the Cowboys that he’s not a choking dog. Otherwise, he won’t even be a Cowboy next year at this time.

Give me some examples of these burning desires. You keep saying I am in a cave and didn't see this desire but haven't even brought up an example. I see a guy who people questioned. Like the examples I said before. Hell Kyler could have played in a key game that could have got the team in the playoffs but didn't play.

I never say Dak had more talent than Kyler. I said every season where they both had a full season Dak has out performed Kyler. You can even look it up or if you like I can screenshot the numbers for you.

You say Dak has all this talent around him. Zeke/Pollard and Lamb. Kyler had Nuk and even his buddy Hollywood Brown. Conner has been a great back for us. Even had Ertz for a TE who was decent.

I am not trying to change your mind and you clearly won't change mine. I seen enough of Kyler to know he isn’t the guy and willing to roll the dice on someone who isn’t as talented but has had better numbers.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wh

Give me some examples of these burning desires. You keep saying I am in a cave and didn't see this desire but haven't even brought up an example. I see a guy who people questioned. Like the examples I said before. Hell Kyler could have played in a key game that could have got the team in the playoffs but didn't play.

I never say Dak had more talent than Kyler. I said every season where they both had a full season Dak has out performed Kyler. You can even look it up or if you like I can screenshot the numbers for you.

You say Dak has all this talent around him. Zeke/Pollard and Lamb. Kyler had Nuk and even his buddy Hollywood Brown. Conner has been a great back for us. Even had Ertz for a TE who was decent.

I am not trying to change your mind and you clearly won't change mine. I seen enough of Kyler to know he isn’t the guy and willing to roll the dice on someone who isn’t as talented but has had better numbers.
I'm with you.

I'm not seeing all the clutch play or Kyler's "burning desire" that's being mentioned. Dak has 14 4th quarter comebacks, with 22 game winning drives, and Kyler's got 8 and 10, respectively.

I've watched Kyler far too many times turtle up in the 4th quarter and lose the game.

And Kyler has had plenty of talent around him. Even still, Kyler was the first overall pick and Dak was drafted in the 4th round. The expectation of the talent that needs to be put around them should be dramatically different.