What’s Wrong with Murray?

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
Stafford's a good example to counter my thoughts. Jury's out on Lawrence. I expected much more from him and he's been pretty mid so far with decent talent around him the last two years.
Yea same TLaw hasnt really took that top 5 leap i thought he would by now

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler was brought up in a sandlot offense. He played against inferior talent a could get away with just about anything.

He now plays in a league where the tallest guy in college is now the shortest. The fastest guy in college is now the slowest.

This league is structured and designed. Call a play, read the defense and react accordingly. Play A is covered, go to option B. That’s covered to so go to option C.
It’s 1-2-3 and throw. It’s throw to this open area before your wr is there.

This ain’t Kyler and I’m not sure he can “learn” this in one off season.
I’m not sure he can learn that no matter hire many seasons. I don’t think Kyler wants to learn it at this point. Now, he gets rid of daddy and goes to a QB coach in the off-season maybe he can pick some stuff up and I would change my feelings on if Kyler even want to learn it

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yea, the Starling over Clark one is so puzzling to me. The fact that Starling is also a rookie is driving me wild.

if you buy into the conspiracy, they know what they have with Clark (didn't he get ST snaps last week?).

Starling is a mixed bag and I suspect he will get the call to see how he handles the additional snaps and coaching - if they pull he or Hamilton for an even greener DB, that would lend some credibility to the conspiracy

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
if you buy into the conspiracy, they know what they have with Clark (didn't he get ST snaps last week?).

Starling is a mixed bag and I suspect he will get the call to see how he handles the additional snaps and coaching - if they pull he or Hamilton for an even greener DB, that would lend some credibility to the conspiracy
Thomas was moved almost immediately into heavy rotation in the defense:

You must be registered for see images attach

Gannon and Rallis preferred to play Andre Chacare over Kei'Trel Clark in Garrett Williams' absence last week.

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
Wrong Qb for the wrong system its as simple as what I wondered aloud about when He was Drafted looks like my thoughts were correct

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can. Jackson has one playoff win and no Super Bowl ring. I am referring to a style of QB play, some better than most, but does not seem a consistent style for winning in the NFL
You can but it’s breath wasted.

Jackson is on the cusp of taking his team to the playoffs for the 4th time in 6 years, has won an MVP and is in the running to win another.

Kyler has been to the playoffs once in 5 years, been a disaster in the playoffs and mediocre to bad for the last two seasons.

And Kyler doesn’t get near the same mileage out of his legs that Lamar does.

Thus, there’s no comparison.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the end, he'll just be another failed shorter player drafted by Steve Keim. I think Keim had some kind of fetish for under-sized players.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Clark received no snaps at all last week. Yet he is on some posters list as having been coached up?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yes, I can. Jackson has one playoff win and no Super Bowl ring. I am referring to a style of QB play, some better than most, but does not seem a consistent style for winning in the NFL
And yet KM still isn't even in the conversation with Jackson. That is how bad he has been in the clutch.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You can but it’s breath wasted.

Jackson is on the cusp of taking his team to the playoffs for the 4th time in 6 years, has won an MVP and is in the running to win another.

Kyler has been to the playoffs once in 5 years, been a disaster in the playoffs and mediocre to bad for the last two seasons.

And Kyler doesn’t get near the same mileage out of his legs that Lamar does.

Thus, there’s no comparison.
Well, there is a comparison, just not a flattering one.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Kingsbury catered to Murrays skill set, in a college offense, this NFL offense, not so much. started late in the year, under center for the first time in his life. The run game came to life! But still this year is a whole new philosophy for KM. sometimes regresses as is normal with a learning curve. Be nice if he wasn’t paid so much for on the job trying , but he is , deal with it.
is he dynamic? Yep, playmaker ? Yep does he have an elite qb skills? Yep he does. The mechanics doesn’t bother me , he can rip the ball, make all the pro throws and more.
he is smallest ever unicorn as 1st overall draft pick. That hasn’t changed , and has been hurt. A lot. But also played more than I expected after the draft.

i like him and hope he’s back, will have his back. Hope monti doesn't get all fancy, taking risk like Keim. Get blue chip receiver or pass rusher bpa, and another starter in the first round. I think a lot of the losses are coaching losses, especially on defense. I mean is there other coaches available that would get better performance out of team we have? Will see as they move on to new teams.