Would you trade Murray for Prescott straight up?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Like I said earlier, if you didn’t see a burning desire to win by Kyler this year under JG, then you somehow were living in a cave. Dak isn’t even remotely as talented as Murray. Not with his arm or his legs. And even with a plethora of talent that’s been put around him, Dak chokes more than any perceived top level NFL QB in the league. This is Dak’s last opportunity to prove to the Cowboys that he’s not a choking dog. Otherwise, he won’t even be a Cowboy next year at this time.

What would Kyler have been by now with consistent, capable coaching, and strong leadership by a functional front office and ownership group? Would he have accomplished more than he has already? Probably, yes.

It's a shame we wasted his first four years in the league, but all is not lost. There's a lot football left to play. We'll see who has a better season in 2024. Prescott or Murray.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dislike when you guys pull out the “He’s not the guy to bring you a championship” like Mahomes isn’t the only guy in his 20s to actually do that in what it seems like forever.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The expectation of the talent that needs to be put around them should be dramatically different.
Bad logic.

Brady was drafted in the 6th round so that means his expectations should have been lower than 1st round guys even years later?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wh

Give me some examples of these burning desires. You keep saying I am in a cave and didn't see this desire but haven't even brought up an example. I see a guy who people questioned. Like the examples I said before. Hell Kyler could have played in a key game that could have got the team in the playoffs but didn't play.

I never say Dak had more talent than Kyler. I said every season where they both had a full season Dak has out performed Kyler. You can even look it up or if you like I can screenshot the numbers for you.

You say Dak has all this talent around him. Zeke/Pollard and Lamb. Kyler had Nuk and even his buddy Hollywood Brown. Conner has been a great back for us. Even had Ertz for a TE who was decent.

I am not trying to change your mind and you clearly won't change mine. I seen enough of Kyler to know he isn’t the guy and willing to roll the dice on someone who isn’t as talented but has had better numbers.
Pretty much Dak’s entire career, he’s had an outstanding OL & pretty much his entire career, Murray has had a crappy OL. Not much else needs to be said really.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not saying Kyler is better than Dak(he’s not), but I believe this board would hate Kyler even more than the past few years if he went one-&-done 3 straight years with much more talented teams Dak has played on compared to Kyler.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not saying Kyler is better than Dak(he’s not), but I believe this board would hate Kyler even more than the past few years if he went one-&-done 3 straight years with much more talented teams Dak has played on compared to Kyler.
Oh absolutely no doubt. Doesn’t help when you come in with all his fanfare and drafted #1 overall and expected to be a savior of an entire franchise. (No fault of his own)

Compared to a maligned 4th round pic like Dak in the beginning….

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler is a Cardinal. For better or worse.

Dak is a cowboy. fudge the cowboys.
Players are only part of whomever pays their paycheck. I’d say there is a good chance neither are with the same team in 3-4 years sadly. Hope I’m wrong on Kyler’s part. Dont care where Dak ends up.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Bad logic.

Brady was drafted in the 6th round so that means his expectations should have been lower than 1st round guys even years later?
I mean, yes. In the early years of his career he wasn't "the GOAT." If Brady had put up the same numbers he did without clutch play and Championships early in his career, just his regular season stats, he'd have been up for consideration for replacement. Or at least it would be argued they needed to get him top options.

At a certain point you need to move on some from draft capital, probably when it gets to the second contract, but Kyler was billed as a franchise savior and has been anything but. He hasn't really elevated the play of anyone. Dak is a pleasant surprise who you can make the argument needs more help throughout his career.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Players are only part of whomever pays their paycheck. I’d say there is a good chance neither are with the same team in 3-4 years sadly. Hope I’m wrong on Kyler’s part. Dont care where Dak ends up.
Nah man...wearing that star is like an STD. Signing with a different team doesn't cure it anymore than finding a new person to date.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't see how not even being around to go one and done is better than going one and done.

I'd have a much harder time making the argument that Kyler isn't a true difference maker if he had multiple division championships under his belt.

He's already been one and done and missed the majority of a "play and you're in" game. That counts to me just about as bad as "one and done." It's not like Kyler has had a division title even.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Dak isn't one-and-done three straight years. He beat Tom Brady in a playoff game like fifteen months ago.

What would Kyler have been by now with consistent, capable coaching, and strong leadership by a functional front office and ownership group? Would he have accomplished more than he has already? Probably, yes.

It's a shame we wasted his first four years in the league, but all is not lost. There's a lot football left to play. We'll see who has a better season in 2024. Prescott or Murray.

Do you think this describes what Dak Prescott has had? LOL!

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's already been one and done and missed the majority of a "play and you're in" game. That counts to me just about as bad as "one and done." It's not like Kyler has had a division title even.

I still remember that game. Win and we're in.. he bailed out.. and the Bears got in..

Then when we got smashed by the Rams he couldn’t even come in to finish the game.. Colt McCoy had to come in and finish it..

Maybe he plays and gets us a championship.. maybe he doesn't.. either way those are just a few negative signs when it comes to character..

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Dak isn't one-and-done three straight years. He beat Tom Brady in a playoff game like fifteen months ago.

Do you think this describes what Dak Prescott has had? LOL!

I don't follow other NFL teams like 1% as much as I follow the transcendent, generationally talented arizona cardinals, so no, I'm not in a position to draw any kind of conclusion on the coaching or front office of the cowboys. haha.

Maybe the one caveat to that is I might say Jerry Jones > Michael Bidwill in terms of being a effective NFL owner?

So I'd be curious my friend to hear your thoughts (if only briefly) on the quality of the coaches/GM/owner for the DAL organization over say the last five years?

And I think there's a cowboys fan who lurks here some? Maybe get his opinion too.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
No, because this team has to start, finish their football personnel decisions the right way. That includes not trading down with the Vikings and not getting a top receiver as a result. That includes Dak not ever being meant to be here. The next 2 drafts is a way to prove this new regime knows what they are doing. If they get cute and try to be so smart; It'll backfire. I think they should keep their pick at 4 and probably not trade down past the Giants or Chargers; maybe not trade down at all. They should keep their second rounder and maybe all their 3rds to fill in this roster; especially the offensive and defensive lines. Want that decent, deep line on O and D? Well many IOLs and Dlines have been filled in via the 3rd round. OT in round 2? The Cards need to not repeat history here. They also could add a 2nd receiver possibly in round 2 or 3.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still remember that game. Win and we're in.. he bailed out.. and the Bears got in..

Then when we got smashed by the Rams he couldn’t even come in to finish the game.. Colt McCoy had to come in and finish it..

Maybe he plays and gets us a championship.. maybe he doesn't.. either way those are just a few negative signs when it comes to character..
In every game you bring up, Kingsbury was calling horrendous plays, our OL was beaten to hell & was a dumpster fire, our defense was a sieve due to injuries, and oh by the way, he didn’t have either a healthy DHop or DHop at all. Instead, he had a completely washed AJ Green or Zach Ertz to throw to.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In every game you bring up, Kingsbury was calling horrendous plays, our OL was beaten to hell & was a dumpster fire, our defense was a sieve due to injuries, and oh by the way, he didn’t have either a healthy DHop or DHop at all. Instead, he had a completely washed AJ Green or Zach Ertz to throw to.

And yet you still haven’t brought to light these examples burning desire to win.. thats why I stop responding to ya.

What does Kingsbury's play call have to do with not wanting to play in a win and your in game?? What does Kingsbury's play call have to do with not coming in to finish a game??

So let me get this straight.. if the OL is bad, coach is horrible, and defense is hurt.. it is perfectly okay to just quit. Lol I wouldn’t want to be in a fox hole with ya if thats the case. That just goes to show how weak his character is then. Dak atleast straps on his helmet to finish a game he is getting his butt kicked in.

Those are all on Kyler and Kyler only.. he took himself out..

You know what?? You’re right and I am wrong. I only brought up stats and situations versus you’re burning desire to win. I clearly can’t counter that. Have a good one.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And yet you still haven’t brought to light these examples burning desire to win.. thats why I stop responding to ya.

What does Kingsbury's play call have to do with not wanting to play in a win and your in game?? What does Kingsbury's play call have to do with not coming in to finish a game??

So let me get this straight.. if the OL is bad, coach is horrible, and defense is hurt.. it is perfectly okay to just quit. Lol I wouldn’t want to be in a fox hole with ya if thats the case. That just goes to show how weak his character is then. Dak atleast straps on his helmet to finish a game he is getting his butt kicked in.

Those are all on Kyler and Kyler only.. he took himself out..

You know what?? You’re right and I am wrong. I only brought up stats and situations versus you’re burning desire to win. I clearly can’t counter that. Have a good one.
Extreme frustration has occasionally gotten the best of Murray in his early years, but there is no QB in the NFL that has a more burning desire to win than Kyler does. JG has alluded to that numerous times last year. Because if he didn’t, he would have been long gone by now. The question was, as I understood it, who would you want RIGHT STINKING NOW, Murray or Dak. Not Murray in his youth with horrible coaching & horrible talent around him, but RN. The smart bet right now is Murray.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson