So would you be unhappy if…

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah... I think we all know that what will happen is that Murray will play well enough to win a few games and hurt the Cardinals' draft stock, but not well enough to convince more than 50% of us that he's the franchise QB we all hope for.

Then we can continue arguing about whether he is or isn't all offseason. It's the Cardinals way.
This is the way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah... I think we all know that what will happen is that Murray will play well enough to win a few games and hurt the Cardinals' draft stock, but not well enough to convince more than 50% of us that he's the franchise QB we all hope for.

Then we can continue arguing about whether he is or isn't all offseason. It's the Cardinals way.
that sounds about right.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. And that wasn’t a pretty good Rams team. They were 8-7 before the last game and started an atrocious backup QB.

As for 2021, we had backed into the playoffs prior to the Cowboys game during the brutal three game losing streak, then beat the Cowboys in what looked like a meaningless game because I.T didn’t look like we could win the division. Then the Rams shocked everyone losing their last two which gave us a chance to win the division on the final day, at home to the woeful 5-11 Seahawks and Kyler laid another stinkbomb there forcing us to open on the road in the playoffs.

And all we painfully remember what happened there.
You might want to go back and take a closer look at that 38-30 stinkbomb that Kyler supposedly laid against the 7-10 Seahawks. Murray was 28/39, 240 yards, passed for a TD, no picks, and ran 5 times for 35 yards. The stinkbomb was more accurately laid by the defense that allowed the Seahawks to rush for over 200 yards, with Penny averaging 8.3 yards per carry.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Lots of clamoring for Kyler to get back on the field. Many of us want him back sooner rather than later assuming he is 100% healthy, however.

If Kyler returns ( let’s say week 10) and we were 2-8, would you be unhappy if his return results winning 5 out of the last 7 games?
We would be 7-10 and totally change the our draft position.

Would you be happy with Kyler putting to rest our qb situation for 2024 but costing us a top 5-10 draft pick?

Or would it be better for Murray to play just a couple of games thus securing a higher draft pick? Would a couple of games be enough to answer the questions surrounding Kyler?

I wonder if this situation plays a role in the organizations decisions.

What do you think?
I want him to play every game to see if he’s worthy of being our quarterback. I’m fine with him winning every game if he shows us that he’s our quarterback of the future. If he sucks then we know what we are doing with our number one pick.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Best case scenario - Kyler comes back and is prime Kyler, cemented as our franchise QB. We build around him with a great coaching staff.
Worst case scenario - Kyler comes back and gets injured.
Purgatory moment - Kyler comes back and does ok - enough to knock us out of the running for QB in this draft but does not become a franchise QB.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best case scenario - Kyler comes back and is prime Kyler, cemented as our franchise QB. We build around him with a great coaching staff.
Purgatory moment - Kyler comes back and does ok - enough to knock us out of the running for QB in this draft but does not become a franchise QB.
Really you think best case is he comes back and only plays at the level he has in the past?

I think there is a good chance he looks the best he ever has by far, because players are being schemed open now and his accuracy will shine.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if there is a franchise QB in the 2024 draft, even though Williams and Maye have gotten most of the attention. But from a fan's perspective (mine) I'm now leaning in favor of the Washington QB.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
We already know Kyler can play football so I don't get it

We already know he's small and semi injury prone so I don't get it

We have plenty of sample size in all different types of circumstances - samples that were light years more legit than what we'll see immediately coming back from injury and with who he'll have around him

Conner gone - Ertz done - Hollywood will be banged up by then 100% - and despite what people say this O-line will only get worse - because there is zero depth

This year isn't going to show us anything regarding Kyler Murray aside from whether or not he can physically play - which he undoubtedly ultimately will at some point

It'll be interesting to see how he does with the Shiny One's offense but that's about it
I think the concerns about Murray are system fit issues. Can he play under center? Can he hang in a pocket and step up into the pocket when pressed? Will he use progressions? Can he handle the physical pressure of a sneak? If these are yeses, he could be a major asset.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here's the thing...you aren't drafting a QB at the top of next year's draft not named Maye or Williams. Because of that, the only situation where you aren't keeping Kyler is if he looks horrible because that is likely the only scenario where we draft #2. Even if Kyler looks mid, I don't see us moving on because mid will take us out of the #2 spot.

I plan to enjoy this process. See if Kyler can be the QB in a more traditional NFL offense. See if he behaves differently under a different regime. See if Petzing's offense is fool's gold or actually something.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Here's the thing...you aren't drafting a QB at the top of next year's draft not named Maye or Williams. Because of that, the only situation where you aren't keeping Kyler is if he looks horrible because that is likely the only scenario where we draft #2. Even if Kyler looks mid, I don't see us moving on because mid will take us out of the #2 spot.

I plan to enjoy this process. See if Kyler can be the QB in a more traditional NFL offense. See if he behaves differently under a different regime. See if Petzing's offense is fool's gold or actually something.
May have been part of the reason we traded this past draft.
With 2 firsts in 24 we at least have the draft currency to trade up...
Or, if he is still here, package kyler with a 1 and a 3 to move from 7ish to 2

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m getting pretty excited to see what Kyler can do with this coaching staff and an offense that can move the ball, but can’t finish because of Dobbs.

A lot of questions about the future should get answered over the second half of the season. Wasn’t sure if that was going to be the case going into it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’m getting pretty excited to see what Kyler can do with this coaching staff and an offense that can move the ball, but can’t finish because of Dobbs.

A lot of questions about the future should get answered over the second half of the season. Wasn’t sure if that was going to be the case going into it.
It's going to be excruciating enduring Joshua Dobbs for the next two to three weeks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be excruciating enduring Joshua Dobbs for the next two to three weeks.
Eh… not for me knowing we’ve got a big a hit of hopium coming at the end of it.

Also, I’m skipping this week to celebrate Diwali with some friends so it’ll only be one or two weeks for Cheese!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Eh… not for me knowing we’ve got a big a hit of hopium coming at the end of it.

Also, I’m skipping this week to celebrate Diwali with some friends so it’ll only be one or two weeks for Cheese!
Diwali?? Pardon my ignorance. A holiday? Please explain.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of clamoring for Kyler to get back on the field. Many of us want him back sooner rather than later assuming he is 100% healthy, however.

If Kyler returns ( let’s say week 10) and we were 2-8, would you be unhappy if his return results winning 5 out of the last 7 games?
We would be 7-10 and totally change the our draft position.

Would you be happy with Kyler putting to rest our qb situation for 2024 but costing us a top 5-10 draft pick?

Or would it be better for Murray to play just a couple of games thus securing a higher draft pick? Would a couple of games be enough to answer the questions surrounding Kyler?

I wonder if this situation plays a role in the organizations decisions.

What do you think?
If Kyler can stay healthy to finish the season and prove to be legit in the offense, the draft pick is irrelevant.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score