So would you be unhappy if…

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of clamoring for Kyler to get back on the field. Many of us want him back sooner rather than later assuming he is 100% healthy, however.

If Kyler returns ( let’s say week 10) and we were 2-8, would you be unhappy if his return results winning 5 out of the last 7 games?
We would be 7-10 and totally change the our draft position.

Would you be happy with Kyler putting to rest our qb situation for 2024 but costing us a top 5-10 draft pick?

Or would it be better for Murray to play just a couple of games thus securing a higher draft pick? Would a couple of games be enough to answer the questions surrounding Kyler?

I wonder if this situation plays a role in the organizations decisions.

What do you think?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of clamoring for Kyler to get back on the field. Many of us want him back sooner rather than later assuming he is 100% healthy, however.

If Kyler returns ( let’s say week 10) and we were 2-8, would you be unhappy if his return results winning 5 out of the last 7 games?

Would you be happy with Kyler putting to rest our qb situation for 2024 but costing us a top 5-10 draft pick?

Or would it be better for Murray to play just a couple of games thus securing a higher draft pick? Would a couple of games be enough to answer the questions surrounding Kyler?

What do you think?

No. If Kyler can win 5 of 7 coming off an ACL with this roster then draft position doesn't matter nearly as much.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Don't know who you see as a potential win in the next four weeks. ;)

I think the likely scenario is Kyler's activated from PUP next week, practices through the Bmore, Cleveland, and Atlanta games, and comes back to start against Houston. Houston's pass D is mid, and the Rams D is worse.

If Kyler can come back with no camp and go 5-2, you're probably out of purgatory anyway.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

What do you think?
Before I read a single reply, I will say that I would be absolutely ecstatic, because it would tell me we have a QB to roll with next season. We wouldn't need a high pick for a QB. Yeah, it would suck to miss out on MHJ, but QB is the more important position.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sure winning is fun, but this season was flushed down the toilet before it started. Not sold on Kyler long-term even if he comes back in a few weeks guns a blazin'. I'd prefer to finish 1-16 and set the controls for the heart of the sun for next season.
You don't go 5-2 on accident in the NFL.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
So if he goes 5-2 under a new regime and looks great in a new system, you're still looking to pull the chute on Kyler?

Probably not, but I still think he is too small and after this injury mobility may be an issue as well, which is his major asset. I'd like a better physical specimen for long-term success. In my eyes Kyler has been a mediocre to good QB, not great.

But that said, it would be wonderful if he proves me wrong.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Probably not, but I still think he is too small and after this injury mobility may be an issue as well, which is his major asset. I'd like a better physical specimen for long-term success. In my eyes Kyler has been a mediocre to good QB, not great.

But that said, it would be wonderful if he proves me wrong.
Wouldn't going 5-2 with this team (especially this defense) get you well on the road to being proved wrong? People were extremely hot-and-bothered about the 8-2 finish of the Lions after last season.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Wouldn't going 5-2 with this team (especially this defense) get you well on the road to being proved wrong? People were extremely hot-and-bothered about the 8-2 finish of the Lions after last season.

Ya, finishing 5-2 would probably prove me wrong (pending circumstances). We got Chicago and Pittsburgh in the last 7 games that are winnable with any of our QBs. But if we pull out 3 other wins it would be a Christmas miracle unless there is a junk game or two against playoff opponents resting starters or otherwise being majorly banged-up to level the playing field to our talent (or lack there-of). We play Houston down the stretch too, maybe we can beat them with Kyler.

This year is a complete ctrl-alt-delete reboot.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

What do you think?
I’d hate to lose a shot at Harrison but if Murray stays that’s huge

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We already know Kyler can play football so I don't get it

We already know he's small and semi injury prone so I don't get it

We have plenty of sample size in all different types of circumstances - samples that were light years more legit than what we'll see immediately coming back from injury and with who he'll have around him

Conner gone - Ertz done - Hollywood will be banged up by then 100% - and despite what people say this O-line will only get worse - because there is zero depth

This year isn't going to show us anything regarding Kyler Murray aside from whether or not he can physically play - which he undoubtedly ultimately will at some point

It'll be interesting to see how he does with the Shiny One's offense but that's about it

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Here is my issue, we already know Kyler can play when nothing is on the line. Him going 5-2 won’t change my opinion that he can’t win a meaningful game. I think long term him going 5-2 will set back the franchise rather than move it forward.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is my issue, we already know Kyler can play when nothing is on the line. Him going 5-2 won’t change my opinion that he can’t win a meaningful game. I think long term him going 5-2 will set back the franchise rather than move it forward.
I do have that similar worry that he comes back, with pressure totally off and can play well, which would still tell us very little of how or if he’s matured to the point of actually winning big games down the stretch that have playoff implications.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I do have that similar worry that he comes back, with pressure totally off and can play well, which would still tell us very little of how or if he’s matured to the point of actually winning big games down the stretch that have playoff implications.
You have to get to those games first, and re-setting at quarterback puts that project off at least a couple more years.

The point of resetting on Kliff and Keim is the idea that maybe Kyler won't have to win big games by himself, which increasingly seemed like the "plan."