Clippers @ Suns Thursday game thread 1-6-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns come home for two games playing the Clippers on Thursday and the Heat on Saturday.

Clippers are 19-19 and haven't played since they lost to the Timberwolves at home on Monday.

Suns move to 29-8 after winning the last two games of their three game road trip.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona and on TNT.

Start time is scheduled for 8 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the two games at home the Suns head out on a five game road trip January 11th through the 20th.

@Toronto (1/11)
@Indiana (1/14
@Detroit (1/16)
@San Antonio (1/17)
@Dallas (1/20)

Note the Pistons and Spurs games are back-to-back games.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate playing the Clippers. For some reason we always have a hard time with them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate playing the Clippers. For some reason we always have a hard time with them.
They’re just so damn scrappy.

Side note... Cam Paynevtakingva big step backwards this year is the slight difference between us and GS right now. He’s scoring two more points a game, but he’s shooting three more shots per game on 39% overall and 31% from 3, off from 48% overall and 41% from 3. He’s the reason the bench isn’t the dynamo we expected it to be, even though Cam Johnson has stepped forward and McGee has been everything and more we could have hoped for.

He was flat out awful last night. Sucks. If he came back around it would be huge for the second unit.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Side note... Cam Paynevtakingva big step backwards this year is the slight difference between us and GS right now. He’s scoring two more points a game, but he’s shooting three more shots per game on 39% overall and 31% from 3, off from 48% overall and 41% from 3. He’s the reason the bench isn’t the dynamo we expected it to be, even though Cam Johnson has stepped forward and McGee has been everything and more we could have hoped for.

He was flat out awful last night. Sucks. If he came back around it would be huge for the second unit.
I'm wondering if he's being coached differently -- one thing I've noticed, especially lately, is that Payne is almost always paired with another point guard (Payton or CP3), and in many cases, he's in with both of them (that happened last night). I kind of wonder if there is some confusion there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if he's being coached differently -- one thing I've noticed, especially lately, is that Payne is almost always paired with another point guard (Payton or CP3), and in many cases, he's in with both of them (that happened last night). I kind of wonder if there is some confusion there.

I don’t know but if they are, switch back for God’s sake. The frustrating part is he’s getting to the hole and wide open looks from 3. But I can’t remember the last time he hit that floater in the lane. It’s a 5-6 footer that he keeps getting and then just totally blowing.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think he and Saric had really good chemistry out there. Payne misses his screens and give and go passing dearly.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like Isaiah Hartenstein will not play tomorrow.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I do t mind playing them so much now that PBEV is not there. My worry with him there was always injury. He is a dangerous player. If we get beat, we get beat.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones says Suns are still evaluating players in health and safety protocols and would like to give those players reps before returning.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton, Jae Crowder and JaVale McGee are out of health and safety protocols but will not play against Clippers for reconditioning purposes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landry Shamet and Abdel Nader are still in health and safety protocols.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it looks like the same bunch of Suns players that played against the Pelicans will play against the Clippers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers will be down a lot of players Thursday as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bummer not to get those guys back tomorrow. But looking forward to seeing more Stix and if we can get the Clips game, that’ll give our other guys time to round back into form for the Miami game on Sat.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bummer not to get those guys back tomorrow. But looking forward to seeing more Stix and if we can get the Clips game, that’ll give our other guys time to round back into form for the Miami game on Sat.

The Clippers are a hard team to figure. They won at the Nets on Saturday with this lineup.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Clippers are a hard team to figure. They won at the Nets on Saturday with this lineup.

They scrap hard. We have to meet the intensity and not have a hone welcome let down, thinking reinforcements are on the way.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Clippers are always gonna "bring it" against the Suns.
Not afraid of the Clippers.
Boy George could have 50 I just dgaf.
Suns by 7+

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nico Batum will play tonight.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I hate the Clippers, too. Almost more than the Lakers now. They are just so thuggish.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says Ayton, Crowder and McGee wanted to play but he thought it was best to hold them back. They made the decision after he talked to them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When players get healthy, Jalen Smith's minutes will probably come at the 4 position.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty describes the tenacity of the Clippers bench as guys that "eat rocks."

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says nothing has changed with Jalen Smith's work ethic or game other than the poster dunk.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson