Clippers @ Suns Wednesday game thread 1-3-2024

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t see the entire game but what happened between Book and Mann?

There may have been more, but this is all I saw per tweet below.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Lou really gameplanned to work Nurk inside and out. Nurk is a problem against good teams.
He's a good coach. We can only dream. I mean, so far it looks like Vogel is an upgrade to Monty, but the O and D has not impressed me much.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's a good coach. We can only dream. I mean, so far it looks like Vogel is an upgrade to Monty, but the O and D has not impressed me much.

How do you think he's an upgrade from Monty? Monty took us to the finals and then coached us to 64 wins the next season. He finished top 5 in coach of the year voting his first 3 seasons here. Vogel on the other hand had us below 500 after Christmas.

Vogel is more willing to play the bench than Monty but it doesn't make much sense to switch up the rotation in the middle of a winning streak like he did. There's been injuries but almost no consistency in the rotations for more than 2-3 games at a time, injuries aside.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I feel Vogel is better at making adjustments and shaking things up, he's calling time-outs and he gets after the refs. I think those things will matter even more in the playoffs. We'll see. Perhaps Monty could have done more with the roster we have this season. Who knows. Monty is not looking like coach of the year this year in Detroit.