Cardinals at Giants gameday thread 10-20-19

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some funky math would say that since the 2-min warning came at 1:58, it really only cost us 11 seconds.
On the contrary... Had he stayed in bounds, the Cardinals could've run the next play after the two minute warning, & run the clock down well below 1:58.

...dave

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It wasn't pretty but it's a win nonetheless! Shout out to Edmonds and the Defense for stepping up big today. Liked the play calls from KK today apart from the boring and just dumb running plays that went nowhere.

K1 was poor today without a doubt but despite his mistakes, he didn't turn the ball over even once. Jones on the other hand fumbled the ball 3 times and threw a silly interception. Sure he had more yards and completions than Murray but his TO's killed his team today IMO.

Why is everyone saying Murray was poor today? He had just 2 mistakes, the 15 yrd sack and the running out if bounds where he need to stay in bounds. What else did he do that was poor? He played ok, not great, but no where near poor. If anything, some of the conservative play calling was poor.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Why is everyone saying Murray was poor today? He had just 2 mistakes, the 15 yrd sack and the running out if bounds where he need to stay in bounds. What else did he do that was poor? He played ok, not great, but no where near poor. If anything, some of the conservative play calling was poor.

Exactly, he was asked to be a game manager in the rain. As a rookie he made those two mistakes but his presence on the field still affects how a defense keys on a back like Edmonds since Kyler just having the possibility of running opens up running lanes. I also notice something else today which gets ignored as much as his holding calls get a emphasis, but DJ Humphries is usually the catalyst block on a lot of Edmonds' most successful runs securing the edge... Kyler is so dynamic that when he does take the role of a manager due to game conditions, we over criticize him as much as we adore him extra when he plays great

Dante

All Star
Reaction score

It's just simply my opinion on what I saw from Murray but it's OK, some people thought he was poor and others didn't. We can all agree to disagree on that and move on. I agree on the conservative play calling by KK and even called it out in my post that you quoted.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
On the contrary... Had he stayed in bounds, the Cardinals could've run the next play after the two minute warning, & run the clock down well below 1:58.

...dave

so on third down he steps out with ~2:15 or so to go. Had he stayed in, clock goes to 2 min warning.

next play is FG, which runs maybe 5 secs of clock. Kicking off at 1:55 or so.

yes?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
so on third down he steps out with ~2:15 or so to go. Had he stayed in, clock goes to 2 min warning.

next play is FG, which runs maybe 5 secs of clock. Kicking off at 1:55 or so.

yes?
The two minute warning also acted as a timeout for the Giants that they otherwise wouldn’t have had. It wasn’t a monumental mistake, but it did potentially make it easier for the Giants to make it all the way down the field.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Darren Urban
@Cardschatter

·
10m

Kingsbury said David Johnson is a “warrior” and wanted to give playing a shot Sunday, which is why he started. After a couple plays, Kingsbury said Johnson didn’t feel right, and the Cards turned to all Chase Edmonds.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard

·
3m

Kliff Kingsbury's message to the unhappy David Johnson fantasy football owners: "I respect that. I used to play and I get it. It's a great game. I'm glad they're so passionate about it, but we've got to do what's best for the player and his safety."

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
scott bordow
@sbordow

Kingsbury said he had fantasy team in 2007 and Tom Brady was his starting quarterback. Brady threw for 50 touchdowns that season. "I was really good." Kingsbury smiled and said he couldn't reveal his team name.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr