Cardinals at Texans gameday thread 11-19-23

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know. So he shouldn't have any doubts that bollywood sucks ass
I have never seen it so I have no opinion. But Brown deserves some scorn for his game today. Hopkins makes a catch on the INT and he at least draws a flag on the last play.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I have never seen it so I have no opinion. But Brown deserves some scorn for his game today. Hopkins makes a catch on the INT and he at least draws a flag on the last play.
Well yeah...5'9 versus 6'3, lol...
It bums me out because I saw Brown throw himself into 3 defenders to slap down a bad pass from Dobbs and prevent the int...he looked fully bought in.
But now that kyler is back it's like he thinks he no longer has to put in the effort.
That's not a good sign from an undersized dude in a contract year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He got the Cards in position to win Gannon screwed it up
Can’t say that. If we were only down 1, the defense he faced right from the get go might have come after him harder/there would have been more pressure on him from the start of the drive.

What we do know is Dortch got us down there with some Larry Centers-esque short catch and run and under the circumstances before Kyler, he looked panicky and melted down in the final two minutes.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This loss is on Gannon for not kicking field goals and extra points - which were much more important than a single pass

It’s the coaches job to put players in position to execute. McBride was open for the first down and Kyler missed him. That’s on the athlete not the guy in sweatpants.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankly, all the arguing over one person or the other being the most at fault is kind of bull puckey. As good as Prater has been, he could have missed the FG. McBride could have dropped the hypothetical pass. I think the most blatantly bad thing we did all day was the TD we gave up at the end of the first half.

We just aren't good enough. Too many mistakes to pick just one goat

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Frankly, all the arguing over one person or the other being the most at fault is kind of bull puckey. As good as Prater has been, he could have missed the FG. McBride could have dropped the hypothetical pass. I think the most blatantly bad thing we did all day was the TD we gave up at the end of the first half.

Sums it up nicely. With our talent level we have pretty much no margin of error

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When you hold a team to 21 points, create 3 turnovers and two stops on 4 th down.. it’s not on the defense.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you hold a team to 21 points, create 3 turnovers and two stops on 4 th down.. it’s not on the defense.
Watch the bomb the Dell.

It's not all on the defense. But games are just as lost on plays in the first half.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

I'll co-sign that!

It was a team loss. They all need to get better. Either through development or replacement

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
True but the refs were playing against us today
The texans punt being touched by texan player and not overturned was an outrage
The encroachment not called in the last drive the same
Guys it’s not an outrage. Did it look like it might not have touched a cardinal? Yes. But they called that it did. And to overturn that you need conclusive evidence and none of the replays could be defined as “conclusive.” It sucked, but I called that in real time. It’s the way the rule is defined and we see just that in the nfl week after week.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys it’s not an outrage. Did it look like it might not have touched a cardinal? Yes. But they called that it did. And to overturn that you need conclusive evidence and none of the replays could be defined as “conclusive.” It sucked, but I called that in real time. It’s the way the rule is defined and we see just that in the nfl week after week.
Could not disagree more, what the hell is replay even for if your gonna ignore the blatant video footage everyone could see? And then still screw it up…

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could not disagree more, what the hell is replay even for if your gonna ignore the blatant video footage everyone could see? And then still screw it up…
I agree. When it applies to the Cardinals, and a call is reversed and it works against us, we’re told of how important it is to get the play right, even when there isn’t clear evidence to reverse it. And yet, when a call is upheld and it works against us, we’re told there is clear evidence, even when there isn’t. You CANNOT have it both ways. And yet, the NFL allows this to happen to the Cardinals routinely. The officiating in the NFL is absolutely horrendous & I blame it on the NFL, not necessarily the officials.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. When it applies to the Cardinals, and a call is reversed and it works against us, we’re told of how important it is to get the play right, even when there isn’t clear evidence to reverse it. And yet, when a call is upheld and it works against us, we’re told there is clear evidence, even when there isn’t. You CANNOT have it both ways. And yet, the NFL allows this to happen to the Cardinals routinely. The officiating in the NFL is absolutely horrendous & I blame it on the NFL, not necessarily the officials.

IN the NBA, thank goodness the referees overturned a call last night where they ruled Kevin Durant fouled Lauri Markkanen on the final play of the game. After much review, they finally reversed the call and the Suns won. It took some guts to do this at Utah.

I didn't see where the ball hit a Cardinals player on review.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media