Cardinals at Rams gameday thread 10-15-23

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I believe we are learning about some players. Unfortunately, might not like what we are learning. One of those things is that Zaven Collins does not have a future as a starter for the Cardinals moving forward. At least if next year's roster has any talent at the position. I don't know if he would take a backup role but that is what he is. No 5th year option.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Second half adjustments define great coaches from good ones. I want to see a couple of games where we beat the teams with second half adjustments. That would go a long way in my eyes to keep hopes on this staff. It is easy to be front runners. Ask Kliff.

So far coaching has been a solid B.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Cards lose 26-9 after leading 9-3. :bang:

Not liking these games becoming uncompetitive. :help:
The problem is that 9-6 score should have been 17-6. I stated before the season if we were going to win games we’d have to be extremely good in the red zone. We are not.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think we see Tune unless Dobbs is hurt. At least not for three or four more poor games.

Astro is their guy. They made a significant move to get him, and he played well for a long enough stretch that they can rationalize firing him out there several more times.

Plus, what are the odds Tune is better (materially better)? I mean I'm not hating on Tune but the odds are pretty low for a fifth round rook looking okay with the supporting cast we have on offense
I agree. Tune may be a bit more accurate… maybe, but defenses would probably devour him. This ain’t preseason.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the future plan for this defense is to develop a front “12”. Create a group of guys we can plug in and rotate during a game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just amother cards way to lose with boneheaded int...... but cloer to the glorious num 1 pick who better not be another hot tub leinart

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the future plan for this defense is to develop a front “12”. Create a group of guys we can plug in and rotate during a game.

It is fair to wonder if Cardinals needs 7-8 starters next season on defense. Is it even practical to find so many next season?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It is fair to wonder if Cardinals needs 7-8 starters next season on defense. Is it even practical to find so many next season?
I mean, there will be 11 starters no matter what happens. So we have that going for us.

ILB White, S Thompson, EDGE Gardeck will all be here. MAYBE one of the corners sticks.

You plan to start one of Sanders, Thomas, and Ojulari. Thats five starters you hope are above replacement level.

Barring a miraculous draft this defense is likely undermanned again next season. You can keep backfilling with cheap LJ Collier types, but you get what you pay for.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I mean, there will be 11 starters no matter what happens. So we have that going for us.

ILB White, S Thompson, EDGE Gardeck will all be here. MAYBE one of the corners sticks.

You plan to start one of Sanders, Thomas, and Ojulari. Thats five starters you hope are above replacement level.

Barring a miraculous draft this defense is likely undermanned again next season. You can keep backfilling with cheap LJ Collier types, but you get what you pay for.
I was hoping we found a young Dockett or Campbell this draft, so far not sure if anyone fits that bill yet.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I stated before the season if we were going to win games we’d have to be extremely good in the red zone. We are not.
beleive it or not, they were perfect until last week

but the bigger picture is correct: to win they have to win red zone

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I believe we are learning about some players. Unfortunately, might not like what we are learning. One of those things is that Zaven Collins does not have a future as a starter for the Cardinals moving forward. At least if next year's roster has any talent at the position. I don't know if he would take a backup role but that is what he is. No 5th year option.
I'm sure someone will post snap counts from yesterday eventually. When they do, I bet they'll find that Collins had more snaps than any other OLB by no small margin.

I wonder if they're giving him a lot of rope and reps to show he can't do it.