Cardinals at Rams gameday thread 10-15-23

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
To be fair to the Captain, he gets almost zero help. No chipping backs or TEs, and he plays next to maybe the worst starting OL in the NFL.

Left side of the line was a mess today. At some point they’ll have to take the training wheels off PJJ
Pretty sure FroGOAT is now tied for most penalties amongst starting centers so we got that going for us too

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, the penalties on him are concerning but overall I think he’s been adequate.
He had like a 58 rating heading into today - but I think he's about to be credited with the sack Wilkinson got blamed for - I'm not sticking up for Wilkinson - he just wasn't near the defender

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Gotta hand it to them. Got out coached in the second half. Have to do a better job.
These post-game pressers are tough. He doesn’t have any answers immediately after the game. The transcript probably look identical to Kliff’s in the last half of last year.

We’re just so bad right now, but he can’t say that. People thought the Rams were hollowed out at the beginning of the year, and they significantly outplayed us.

No way out of this. Just has to fight through it. What happens if Kyler comes back and we still suck?

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
He had like a 58 rating heading into today - but I think he's about to be credited with the sack Wilkinson got blamed for - I'm not sticking up for Wilkinson - he just wasn't near the defender
Well, I guess what I’m getting at is we’ve had some pretty poor center play since Sendlein left (not that he was anything special either).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These post-game pressers are tough. He doesn’t have any answers immediately after the game. The transcript probably look identical to Kliff’s in the last half of last year.

We’re just so bad right now, but he can’t say that. People thought the Rams were hollowed out at the beginning of the year, and they significantly outplayed us.

No way out of this. Just has to fight through it. What happens if Kyler comes back and we still suck?
The road ahead is rough enough. Let’s cross that possibly demo’d bridge when we have to and not before.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Burgeoning superstar Zaven Collins had one tackle today.

Our defense is a catastrophe. Also really interesting that it does t seem like Budda Baker is traveling with the team.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Well, I guess what I’m getting at is we’ve had some pretty poor center play since Sendlein left (not that he was anything special either).
Actually I was mistaken - I don't think they are going to pin the Jonah Williams sack on Froholdt at all - takes place right around 1:18 in

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering it’s the only team playing respectable football in the state, I highly doubt that
I don't even know their record. I do know they won yesterday so I guess the fever is sweeping across the state.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can anyone name one position that is improved in first six games of the season under the new staff?

I am not trying to bait ( as @DVontel would say ) , I am genuinely wondering where is the improvement that we can say OK, we may be good at this position next year?

So far, play calling in first half has been really really good the first six games.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Can anyone name one position that is improved in first six games of the season under the new staff?

I am not trying to bait ( as @DVontel would say ) , I am genuinely wondering where is the improvement that we can say OK, we may be good at this position next year?

So far, play calling in first half has been really really good the first six games.
This is actually hard once you think about it. I would say the OL but I think they’ve looked about the same every game. I think if we got a new LG we’d be a lot better though.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Ol is better. OLB is better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeah that’s not a particularly talented rams team defensively.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Right tackle. And kyzer white?

And that’s it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is actually hard once you think about it. I would say the OL but I think they’ve looked about the same every game. I think if we got a new LG we’d be a lot better though.
And the oline has been trending downward against lesser dlines than those against which they performed admirably to start the season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson