Cardinals at Commanders gameday thread 9-10-23

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ouchie, once again to defend the Cardinals, I'll just remind everyone, that the team was always called cheap, while I think that they just didn't have the $$$$ to compete with the other teams. When the Pro Football League started a franchise went for next to nothing, and now the Washington team sold for something like $6B. I compare the Cardinals to the NY Giants, another family run team, the Mara family. They, the Mara's, realized they didn't have the cash to compete, so they sold about a half portion of the team to the Tisch family, who were VERY RICH, thus solving their money problems. When the Cardinals moved to Arizona, I believe it was with the promise of a new stadium, which they eventually got, with the accent on eventually. I'm not saying that MB couldn't be a better owner, but at least we're now playing on a level playing field. Unfortunately, you are a realist, while I'm just a dreamer. And that makes it easier for me to put up with the tough times. At the same time it makes it easier for you to handle disappointment. Sorry for the long rant.
All good brotha. Every cardinals fan has to have some dreamer deep down inside or we’d no longer be cardinals fans.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I get it. I went to school back East. As a result all of collegiate and law school friends were giant, cowboy, eagle and skin fans. I was all excited to acquire a team my sophomore year in college and WHAM I get the worst of the nfc East. Only difference was that I quickly recognized that the cardinals weren’t being treated “unfairly.” They earned the ridicule and scorn they took from teams that were just flat out better in every respect. While I can be optimistic about many things I’m a realist at heart and have spent a few decades being an evidence based realist about the cardinals. Now the only place that I take heat for my views on the cardinals is on ASFN because I’m not positive enough.
Dude, your an attorney. Even if you know your client is guilty you are supposed to defend him to the best of your ability.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
K'Von Wallace looked really good, especially considering he was late waiver wire acquisition. What I don't understand is, why did Philly let him go? Are they so loaded at safety that he couldn't make the team? The guy looks like he's for real.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to watch the all 22 mode of the game on NFL Premium Plus. It does show you different angles, which is great, and it really highlighted how fast that WA D is moving sideline to sideline. I think our OL played better than I initially thought. The Cardinals obviously tried to go more horizontal to try to tire out their DL, but to no avail. In order to beat that D, the QB has to get the ball out quick & Dobbs wasn’t up to the task.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was out of town at my son's wedding, and a Niners fan told me AZ blew a 21 point lead in their game. I was really excited, "You mean at some point they were up by 21 points??!!!" o_O I didn't see us up 21 in ANY game this season!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was out of town at my son's wedding, and a Niners fan told me AZ blew a 21 point lead in their game. I was really excited, "You mean at some point they were up by 21 points??!!!" o_O I didn't see us up 21 in ANY game this season!
priceless, now I can go out in public