Cardinals at Commanders gameday thread 9-10-23

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
$2 million guaranteed plus a chance to start 6 games or more? Six starts when you perform well quickly becomes the Chase Daniels life instead of dangling on as a #3 starter, which he was in the running for when he signed with Cleveland.

When they offered him $2m guaranteed he knew he was hanging around.

Plus, he already knew Kyler was injured. He knew he might start games. And he still chose the Browns. So they didn't need to whisper it in his ear.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
watch the running play at the :41 sec mark and you will conclude the team needs a better back up RB

Ingram takes a play blocked to get 8 yards and gets 3
Maybe. Most backs will look to cut outside when they see a tackler. There was a defender in the middle who probably closes hard once he cuts inside.

He definitely could have gotten more though.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We should be at least trying 1 long ball to Brown each game...in the first half.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The timing of it was we traded Simmons five days (Aug 24th) before Wallace was waived (Aug 29th) in case anyone was wondering.

Don't know if there were trade discussions, or Gannon was projecting their roster, or it was just luck. Of course, if we can call it that yet (probably a bit soon).

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Maybe. Most backs will look to cut outside when they see a tackler. There was a defender in the middle who probably closes hard once he cuts inside.

He definitely could have gotten more though.
all the open space going north south, and he literally cuts right into the closest guy

he is a big back -- if he gets into the second level like that -- he has to punish people

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'll try to explain where I'm coming from. I'm 86 years old and with the exception of two years in the Army, I've lived in NY all my life. And for about 75 years I've been a Cardinals fan, while most of my friends were Giant fans, although when the Jets came into existence, some Giant fans switched to the Jets. So for 75 years, I've had to argue for the Cardinals often. And, as they say that old habits die hard, so I hope that when I 'see' MY TEAM not being treated fairly, I react. I don't mean to insult anyone, but like I said, old habits die hard.
I get it. I went to school back East. As a result all of collegiate and law school friends were giant, cowboy, eagle and skin fans. I was all excited to acquire a team my sophomore year in college and WHAM I get the worst of the nfc East. Only difference was that I quickly recognized that the cardinals weren’t being treated “unfairly.” They earned the ridicule and scorn they took from teams that were just flat out better in every respect. While I can be optimistic about many things I’m a realist at heart and have spent a few decades being an evidence based realist about the cardinals. Now the only place that I take heat for my views on the cardinals is on ASFN because I’m not positive enough.

Reactions: PJ1

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you were a QB what could anyone say to you to make you turn down $2m guaranteed to back up Deshaun Watson and a playoff contender and come to the Cardinals with an injured QB and a weak roster on paper?

What would those magic words be?
$2.5m and an extremely rare opportunity to start one or more of only 17 games for one of only 32 teams in the nfl.

Maybe we should’ve considered he was happier being a backup than possessing the competitive juices to actually get an opportunity to start a bunch of games for a new regime with no ties to an injured and recently underperforming QB?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
$2 million guaranteed plus a chance to start 6 games or more? Six starts when you perform well quickly becomes the Chase Daniels life instead of dangling on as a #3 starter, which he was in the running for when he signed with Cleveland.
Exactly. Guys who don’t get starts and look at least okay remain 3rd stringers for their careers. Guys who get handfuls of starts, look adequate sometimes get stupid starters contracts but almost invariably at least land the cushy #2 slots. Talking the difference between Trace McSorely career and Drew Stanton’s.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I get it. I went to school back East. As a result all of collegiate and law school friends were giant, cowboy, eagle and skin fans. I was all excited to acquire a team my sophomore year in college and WHAM I get the worst of the nfc East. Only difference was that I quickly recognized that the cardinals weren’t being treated “unfairly.” They earned the ridicule and scorn they took from teams that were just flat out better in every respect. While I can be optimistic about many things I’m a realist at heart and have spent a few decades being an evidence based realist about the cardinals. Now the only place that I take heat for my views on the cardinals is on ASFN because I’m not positive enough.
Ouchie, once again to defend the Cardinals, I'll just remind everyone, that the team was always called cheap, while I think that they just didn't have the $$$$ to compete with the other teams. When the Pro Football League started a franchise went for next to nothing, and now the Washington team sold for something like $6B. I compare the Cardinals to the NY Giants, another family run team, the Mara family. They, the Mara's, realized they didn't have the cash to compete, so they sold about a half portion of the team to the Tisch family, who were VERY RICH, thus solving their money problems. When the Cardinals moved to Arizona, I believe it was with the promise of a new stadium, which they eventually got, with the accent on eventually. I'm not saying that MB couldn't be a better owner, but at least we're now playing on a level playing field. Unfortunately, you are a realist, while I'm just a dreamer. And that makes it easier for me to put up with the tough times. At the same time it makes it easier for you to handle disappointment. Sorry for the long rant.