PFF debate on Murray to AZ

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
So now we actually have decent chance of building that kind of defense that just happens to win championships heck Kc just released Justin Houston today now if ya add players like him and Quite a few others then we may actually just has have a chance at that trophy that is what I'm actually trying to say Kc got beat by the better eam that day just like all of the rest of the hyperdrive offenses usually do Please dont think I'm picking on any particular player it's the teams that have hyperdrive offenses with poor defense I'm talking about heavens one of the Greatest offenses I ever saw was San Diego with Fouts Winslow Jefferson and company and they never made to the big one either

You called out Mahomes by name, so yes it was picking on a particular player. The guy had a phenomenal season. As a first year starter, there were plenty of media people saying they would struggle to be a .500 team. They made it much further than anyone expected, especially when you realize their defense turned out to be a lot worse for Mahomes than it ever was for Alex Smith's time in KC.

Now maybe you are one of these people that thinks "Super Bowl or bust" so that 3-13 season is the same as coming within a single offsides penalty of making the Super Bowl. I do not agree with this approach. I'm pretty sure the KC fans had a lot more fun this year than the Arizona fans. At the end of the day, it's entertainment.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
You called out Mahomes by name, so yes it was picking on a particular player. The guy had a phenomenal season. As a first year starter, there were plenty of media people saying they would struggle to be a .500 team. They made it much further than anyone expected, especially when you realize their defense turned out to be a lot worse for Mahomes than it ever was for Alex Smith's time in KC.

Now maybe you are one of these people that thinks "Super Bowl or bust" so that 3-13 season is the same as coming within a single offsides penalty of making the Super Bowl. I do not agree with this approach. I'm pretty sure the KC fans had a lot more fun this year than the Arizona fans. At the end of the day, it's entertainment.
While I agree it was a lot more entertaining and Frankly enjoyable to watch The Kc Machine in action the whole object of the game is that trophy at the end of the season if you take offense to what I have said about Mahomes you may need to reread the post I specifically said Mahomes as great as he is did not at the end of the day hoist the Lombardi trophy thru no fault of his own it was a team effort to get as far as they did now let's just sit back and see what season 2 brings for him and every other rookie Technically I'm putting Mahomes even though he will be in his 3rd year it should and will be interesting for sure

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score

And really to answer your question Arizona has been to the Super Bowl I didn't like the result of the 2008 game Mahomes will most likely be there barring injury at some point what I am saying is a Balanced team 9 times out 10 will win against a one sided offense or defense minded team New England is kinda like that team still don't like them but they are always a Well Balanced and disciplined team

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Balanced team 9 times out 10 will win against a one sided offense or defense minded team. New England is kinda like that team still don't like them but they are always a Well Balanced and disciplined team

Not really going out on much of a limb there. Belichick is the GOAT coach and GOAT general manager as well. He doesn't pay big money for most of his players, but they are very solid on the field at seemingly every position. 3 points for the Rams in the Super Bowl. Extremely impressive defense.

hahawhothat

Reaction score
I'm with you with Murray. I think he's special & a difference maker. Rosen will never be a difference make, not ever. Sometimes, to be great, tough decisions have to be made. I hate the thought of losing out on Bosa, but the QB position is too important in the NFL & I see Murray being every bit as good as Mahomes. I can see the videos of him making play after play for some other team & it'll be too much to stomach after being a fan of this team for 56 years. Stop trying to be just GOOD. After hiring an outside the box HC, now have the balls to draft a QB at #1 that can make us GREAT.
I agree 100% with your take!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Never got the ball in OT. Can't really fault him other than saying it shouldn't have gone to OT.

That, and his head coach chokes balls in the big game when he gets there.......
I think Reid is a very talented coach mind you, but at this point, he's as cursed as Cardinal fans....

He'll retire in 2-3 years, And Mahomes will be winning the SB a year or two later.

/Philly fans all nod in agreement. :biglaugh:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson