PFF debate on Murray to AZ

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Apologies if this was posted elsewhere, but I thought this was an interesting debate:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped it as soon as I heard there is “no debate” Murray gives us a chance at a super bowl. The way some people talk we should be able to get 3 first round and 3 second round picks for our #1. The phone should be ringing off the wall with offers. Just keep this in mind. It’s been mentioned the Patriots are interested in Rosen . That SHOULD tell you something.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dumping Murray behind the same line with the same receivers will fail just as horribly. The incredible draft capital owned with the #1 pick can restock much of your team.

Fleece the Raiders again, get #4 and #27. Then trade 27 to a team with two late second round picks, like Houston, Philadelphia, or Kansas City. Maybe trade down again from 4 to 10 or so, for another 2nd round pick.
Now you have #10 and four second round picks.

Raiders take Murray, Broncs trade up for Haskins, you get some stud at 10 like an OT, CB, or DL, and clean up in the 2nd.

OP
OP
SeattleCard

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Dumping Murray behind the same line could have a higher percentage of success due to his feet versus dumping Rosen behind the same line.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I stopped it as soon as I heard there is “no debate” Murray gives us a chance at a super bowl. The way some people talk we should be able to get 3 first round and 3 second round picks for our #1. The phone should be ringing off the wall with offers. Just keep this in mind. It’s been mentioned the Patriots are interested in Rosen . That SHOULD tell you something.

How could you blame them, if the cost was only a 3 rounder (even a second) and only on the hook for about 2 mil a year for a back up QB who could possibly take over after TB12 retires? Hell there are plenty of teams that would sign on for that deal.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Dumping Murray behind the same line could have a higher percentage of success due to his feet versus dumping Rosen behind the same line.

Nonsense.So Murray can run around like a little flea.That still means he will have a harder time seeing the field and
Using the playbook unless you want sandlot football and think that style of play will be a winner.So he scrambles around waiting for those WRs to get open like they did at Okie U.Atkinson

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How could you blame them, if the cost was only a 3 rounder (even a second) and only on the hook for about 2 mil a year for a back up QB who could possibly take over after TB12 retires? Hell there are plenty of teams that would sign on for that deal.
They expressed interest in Rosen last year. If they see something in Rosen I have to think there might be some value there.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Screw any coy support or avoidance of Rosen. Fact, they where talking about Rosen today on the NFL or ESPN network and they were showing highlights of his successful plays and you know what, despite the percentages when our brutal OL and sporadic talent at WR left a lot to be desired in a hokey OC scheme, the passes he was completing where the type most rookie NFL QBs could not throw, passes in tight windows which Allen and Darnold did not show in their rookie year and which makes me think can Murray throw that type of pass with or without protection? I don't know because his college offense did not require such throws. He was drafted high as a baseball player so there is a high possibility he can... but I know Rosen can :)

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Screw any coy support or avoidance of Rosen. Fact, they where talking about Rosen today on the NFL or ESPN network and they were showing highlights of his successful plays and you know what, despite the percentages when our brutal OL and sporadic talent at WR left a lot to be desired in a hokey OC scheme, the passes he was completing where the type most rookie NFL QBs could not throw, passes in tight windows which Allen and Darnold did not show in their rookie year and which makes me think can Murray throw that type of pass with or without protection? I don't know because his college offense did not require such throws. He was drafted high as a baseball player so there is a high possibility he can... but I know Rosen can :)

They were blasting the Cards big time. It was almost like the Suns dysfunction article part deux.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Yet in a clean pocket his passer rating was 80. Below Lamar Jackson.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

But his OL was not the only freaking problem, it was his WRs (especially after Kirk was out) and a rookie OC operating under the offense of a fired bad OC. As an analogy Dr. Jones, just as the pyramids served many purposes and not just one, the Cardinal offense had many flaws and not just one which you should know as a archaeologist... now Junior, count to twenty in Greek :)
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That doesn’t really amount to a hill of beans considering they didn’t play behind the same offensive line or have the same caliber of receivers from top to bottom.... Anyone touting that as a basis for getting rid of Rosen isn’t really supporting their argument.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That doesn’t really amount to a hill of beans considering they didn’t play behind the same offensive line or have the same caliber of receivers from top to bottom.... Anyone touting that as a basis for getting rid of Rosen isn’t really supporting their argument.

It's a flawed stunted argument.

If you draft Murray it also means you likely have a lower chance of drafting a receiver or OL because OLB will probably be a need that has to be selected 2nd or 3rd round.

But don't throw logic at the cult of skinny midget.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I with Rosen that here was huge amount of dropped balls.. I would like to see what his qb rating would have been if they averaged the normal amount of drops... I'd love if the Raiders gave us their 4 and 27 for our 1 and that is what I'm hoping for.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I with Rosen that here was huge amount of dropped balls.. I would like to see what his qb rating would have been if they averaged the normal amount of drops... I'd love if the Raiders gave us their 4 and 27 for our 1 and that is what I'm hoping for.

The amount of dropped balls was beyond ridiculous def well above the norm

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score

PFF accounts for dropped balls in their grading. Mayfield for instance had a ton of dropped balls by the Cleveland receivers. They graded him #8 QB in the league. Rosen was graded 37th out of 38 (Tannehill dead last).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
PFF accounts for dropped balls in their grading. Mayfield for instance had a ton of dropped balls by the Cleveland receivers. They graded him #8 QB in the league. Rosen was graded 37th out of 38 (Tannehill dead last).

PFF is flawed at times.

Like when they don't rank Peterson as the best, saying he isn't thrown at enough to know if he is.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
PFF is flawed at times.

Like when they don't rank Peterson as the best, saying he isn't thrown at enough to know if he is.

They have him graded 5th out of 112 guys, which is a pretty strong amount of respect for his talent.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will admit as a person who was completely on Rosen's side, that was a fairly convincing video

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson