Any chance Warner sees a moral obligation to help this train wreck?

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know it's wishful thinking, but I wonder sometimes if Kurt looks at this mess of a team and sees an opportunity to give back to the organization that gave him a 2nd chance. If he did come back, he could feel confident that he wouldn't be viewed as a Favre because he didn't hold the organization hostage. He legitimately retired, but due to the dire situation, comes back just for the remainder of the year to help with the transition process.

The odds are probably 1000 to 1, but Warner isn't your ordinary NFL guy. He thinks at a different level. He's healthy, still in great shape, and has a bunch of really hurting friends (especially Fitzgerald) who desperately could use his leadership and talent.

He signed a 2 year contract with the thought that Leinart would be the guy to take the reigns when he retired. That didn't happen and now the Cards are a rudderless ship that is sinking fast. Leinart waiting in the wings made it easier to leave after the 1st year of the deal.

Cards get blown out next week against New Orleans. Fitzerald meets with Kurt after the game and pleads with his best friend to come back for 11 games. Kurt meets with Whisenhunt and agrees to come back during the bye and workout with the team to see if he still has it.

I can dream!

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He couldn't possibly be in NFL shape in time to do anything but get himself hurt.

People have to realize this OL is not NEARLY as good at pass blocking as last years was. Keith at RT is making Brown look like a probowler there last year, Brown at LT blows. Faneca can't pass block. Sendlein whiffed a couple yesterday. I didn't notice Lutui screw up too badly but everyone else did.

Kurt would be a lot better than what we have now of course, but with this OL Kurt would be injured in a few games.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Kurt has contracts and obligations that keep him away from the NFL playing field except when he is doing interviews next week as Kurt is in the Booth for FOX next week in Arizona.

Warner will be calling the Saints game and I know of the 9ers game also.The CARDS will wear their Black jerseys for the Cowpies & 9ers games this season.

Kurt has contract obligations with ABC and DWTS's Till he is kicked off the show.Kurt has also signed with the NFL Network for Wednesday nights and then for the FOX games Kurt is already signed to call from the Booth and probably playoff games also as he called playoff and the Arena Bowl game.

Kurt has plenty other irons in the fire also with his Children's books and characters and their marketing along with his Movie being made ETC...

Kurt Warners NFL football playing career is totally OVER.Please move on.I'm so glad he missed this Cardinals nightmare.

seesred

Reaction score
NO and NO! That's exeactly what Warner needs to get sacked 100 times a game. Forgetaboutit.

GBR

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I honestly think that our defense is much more of the problem than the offense. Even with Derek Anderson we were able to move the ball on that first drive when we were mixing in the run and pass.

I think we only had three stops all game yesterday.
San Diego Drives:
1. The fumble recovery for the touchdown
2. A missed field goal kick
3. One punt

In a full game they were able to force one punt and one turnover and got lucky on a missed field goal.

That could be one of the worst defensive football games played except the same f'ing thing happened against Atlanta:

3 stops:

2 punts and one mercy qb kneel.

What does this mean?

It means that our defense can't stop the run and nor can it cover anyone.

This morning, Whiz was on Doug and Wolf and he sounded a little testy when Doug asked about the Nose Guard position. I can't say that the run defense collapse is the result of Bryan Robinson playing, but he sure always seems to be 5 yards in the wrong direction of the line of scrimmage...

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think of how Warner was absolutely fearless to take the big hit in order to deliver the best possible pass. He would get PUMMELED behind this oline. For his sake, no, just no.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Can the insanity stop? Warner wants nothing to do this team, he is done!
+1

Warner should have a moral obligation to stay away and stay retired. He owes the Cardinals nothing.

At this point, I would not want him to come back for fear that he would get seriously injured. At least Hall and DA are a lot younger and marginally quick enough to be able to escape some of the fury that our pathetic OL lets through.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Can we please stop the insanity of the ridiculous threads? Warner isn't coming back & I know damn well he can't play defense for this team. :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What if - and believe me this is a hypothetical - but what if he were offered some kind of a stock option equity sharing program. Would that do anything for Kurt?

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What if - and believe me this is a hypothetical - but what if he were offered some kind of a stock option equity sharing program. Would that do anything for Kurt?

The chances that the Bidwill's would give anyone a stake in their team: Slim, none... and slim left town.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Almost positive that is against the CBA.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
No. That wouldn't keep him from getting his head drilled into the ground.

It's not about the money, it's about his health. He would like to be able to enjoy his family and have a normal life. Can't blame him for that.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No. That wouldn't keep him from getting his head drilled into the ground.

It's not about the money, it's about his health. He would like to be able to enjoy his family and have a normal life. Can't blame him for that.

OMG, tell me someone here has seen Office Space?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
On a side note, i watched DWTS for the 1st time last night. Did Warner go to the same dentist that capped Matt Dillon's teeth in There's Something About Mary.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Kurt was given a second opportunity by the Cardinals and I think it's fair to say he gave back and then some.

He's got a moral obligation to his family.. He served his time here, and owes nothing further.

He's not Favre. He isn't going to play the see-saw games. I envision his retirement being permanent.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score

:biglaugh:

classic

The idea of this happening to Kurt, thanks to our OL, is probably gonna keep him away...

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
i wonder if he would make a good quarterback coach?
I don't think he wants to put in the hours required to be a coach at the NFL level.

He has seven children of all ages. They have school activities, recitals, youth sports, plus whatever family outings and activities they do together. Kurt wants to be an involved parent in his kids' lives, and he is. Now is not the time to go back to 16 hour days, 7 days a week.

He is keeping a balanced and flexible schedule; working enough to keep busy and stay in tune with football and other adventures, while at the same time having enough time to be there for his family. Bravo to him!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson