Oh What a Night

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re not nuts. But, haven’t we all seen enough football in our lifetimes to know that most, if not all, QB’s struggle the most with a FREE inside rush?? Of course they do. It’s just that the great QB’s have always been on great teams that don’t allow that free inside pressure. As a 60 year fan, I think I’ve seen numerous worse LG’s in Cardinal history than Wilkinson & Colon. And I’m definitely not saying they’re good by any stretch. But, by comparison, once Pugh went down the past couple years, the trash we had in there was far worse than what we have this season. Maybe I’m the one who’s nuts lol. I don’t think that MO was purposely tanking. But, there was no doubt that the goal was to go into 2024 with a clean financial slate, and they were only going to in 2023 bring in guys with the right “culture”. Because establishing a culture was more important this season than actually winning. But, I saw a screen during the game where the Cardinals were in the top 3 as to how many players they had to play this year. Now, some of that has to do with experimentation, but most had to do with injuries. Taking into account it was the first year of a roster rebuild, all the injuries just made it impossible for it to not look exactly like a tanking.
You’ve been a fan of this team for 60 years? Who knew? :shrug:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There’s only so much lipstick you can put on a pig. We all bitch about the lack of talent on this team but we are going to question the ability of the coordinator? Doesn’t seem fair at this point.
Look at some of the teams drafting right behind us that have won a couple of games more than us with better talent.
Not to mentioned we have used 76 different players this year. That’s 23 player more than a roster of 53. We have been plugging in players that will never play football again after this year.

Through all this Gannon has kept this team together. The worse grade I can give this staff is incomplete.
Slan, that's fair, but to my original wish, I just wanted to see competent play calling and execution, and at times this year, I found myself questioning/cursing both sides of the ball. No doubt we have to be fair and judge them in light of the feeble roster we assembled, but it bears pondering that when/if we field the roster of our dreams will we see the results that should come of such a bolstering. Moreso, Petzig than Rallis, I'm not in love with the guy. As for Gannon, the best I can say is that I dislike him no less than the day we hired him. I still don't find him trustworthy, but that may just be me. We'll see next year. I will support the man unequivocally. I have to.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Thanks Stout! I’ll be on my cell phone for a week so I’ll be slow to respond.

I honestly think Murray was pretty much guaranteed to be the starter for 2024. Coming off the acl and everything. Maybe if he had thrown a bushel full of interceptions during this stretch he might be in jeopardy but fortunately he hasn’t done that.

Plus K1 posted a pretty good QB rating vs. CHI’s top ten defense, right? I mean maybe you can argue that it wasn’t aesthetically pleasing, but he also wasn’t throwing to fitz and boldin either.

Not trying to bag on you; just curious. What makes you think he hasn't played his way off the team this season? Unless you think Kyler was a guaranteed starting in 2024 the minute we hired our FO and coach, then this was an audition for him. What has he done to earn the job rather than not lose it?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Thanks Stout! I’ll be on my cell phone for a week so I’ll be slow to respond.

I honestly think Murray was pretty much guaranteed to be the starter for 2024. Coming off the acl and everything. Maybe if he had thrown a bushel full of interceptions during this stretch he might be in jeopardy but fortunately he hasn’t done that.

Plus K1 posted a pretty good QB rating vs. CHI’s top ten defense, right? I mean maybe you can argue that it wasn’t aesthetically pleasing, but he also wasn’t throwing to fitz and boldin either.
Fair enough! I don't think we'll ever agree about KM, but I respect your opinions.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson