There’s still a possibility we draft Nabers

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think a lot of us are way to wrapped up in “Alt or Trade back” if MHJR is gone.

I believe there’s a decent chance if we draft Nabers instead of the options above. I am starting to believe that we won’t draft OTs back-to-back drafts in the top 6 and I feel like Monti knows he needs to hit on a really high impact player in year 1.

Nabers can play the X, Z, & slot. I honestly believe if it weren’t for MHJR, Nabers would be getting talked about as the best prospect since Ja’Marr. I believe he’s on the same tier if anything. He has crazy explosiveness that nobody on this team nor MHJR or Odunze has. Would it be nice if he was a bit bigger? Sure, but he’s still an unreal threat with or without the ball in his hands.

This could very well happen.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need a starting LT. You are not going to find one with the Texans pick or in the second round. We can find a WR with the Texans pick or in the second round.
Starting LTs can be found in later rounds. If you need a 10 year franchise LT, that's usually done in the first half of the first round.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need a starting LT. You are not going to find one with the Texans pick or in the second round. We can find a WR with the Texans pick or in the second round.
Can you also tell me the jackpot numbers & who will win the Super Bowl, NBA Finals, & World Series this year?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Chiefs (2nd round 34th overall), Bills (2nd round 63rd overall), and Packers (7th round 249th overall) disagree.

Only one playoff team remaining has a starting LT who was picked with a pick as high as we have this year (4th overall) and that's Trent Williams who was a FA acquisition by the Niners.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Chiefs (2nd round 34th overall), Bills (2nd round 63rd overall), and Packers (7th round 249th overall) disagree.

Only one playoff team remaining has a starting LT who was picked with a pick as high as we have this year (4th overall) and that's Trent Williams who was a FA acquisition by the Niners.
And yet the consensus is that LT is either the 2nd or 3rd most important position on a football team. There is big reason these positions (with QB of course) dominate the top 10 picks in most drafts.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yet the consensus is that LT is either the 2nd or 3rd most important position on a football team. There is big reason these positions (with QB of course) dominate the top 10 picks in most drafts.
If that were true, teams would have several 1st round linemen on their rosters but most do not. Some have none at all - like the Chiefs, for example.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that were true, teams would have several 1st round linemen on their rosters but most do not. Some have none at all - like the Chiefs, for example.
Are you arguing that LT isn't the 2nd or 3rd most important position on the team,
or that LT, Edge, and QB don't dominate the first 10 picks? I'm confused.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you arguing that LT isn't the 2nd or 3rd most important position on the team,
or that LT, Edge, and QB don't dominate the first 10 picks? I'm confused.
Just looking at the drafted players...

Only one of the remaining playoff teams has an LT that they drafted in the top ten. The Ravens.

The Niners are the only other team with a top ten LT - that they acquired via free agency.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Starting LT can be found on our roster. His name is Paris Johnson Jr. You shouldn't be trading up to draft a tackle in the top 10 unless he is going to be your future pro bowl LT. Otherwise, they can be had later in the draft or FA.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just looking at the drafted players...

Only one of the remaining playoff teams has an LT that they drafted in the top ten. The Ravens.

The Niners are the only other team with a top ten LT - that they acquired via free agency.
That's a myopic way to look at it. The bad teams that are drafting in the top 10, almost always is missing at least one of those 3 important positions, which is why they draft that way.

Playoff/well run teams have a lot of great players elsewhere and they aren't drafting in a position where LT makes sense as BPA.

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
That's a myopic way to look at it. The bad teams that are drafting in the top 10, almost always is missing at least one of those 3 important positions, which is why they draft that way.

Playoff/well run teams have a lot of great players elsewhere and they aren't drafting in a position where LT makes sense as BPA.
Tbh I wouldnt mind Too much if it turned out to be Ozune at all

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If someone claims that LTs are constantly being picked in the top ten, the first thing I do is check to see how many teams have starting LTs who were drafted in the top ten.

Just checked the rosters and 7 of 32 teams have starting LTs that were drafted in the top ten of the first round.

As I've been saying for years - you can build a solid line without using a top pick for a lineman. Most teams have a mix of one or two 1st rounders (some high but mostly middle to late round) a couple from the 2nd or 3rd rounds, and then lower picks or even UDFA players.

I could see us picking an offensive lineman with a high pick this year had we not just done that last season. As I pointed out, most teams do not have multiple OL top picks, regardless of where they play on the line.