There’s still a possibility we draft Nabers

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The broken tackles thing is dumb.

You know who lead the league in broken tackles this year? Nico Collins.
You know how many tackles he broke? 16.

Second was Deebo Samuel with 12 in 18 games. If something that will happen less than once per game is convincing you to go a different direction, you're probably doing it wrong.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am old enough to remember when Josh Rosen was the most NFL ready QB out of a handful of dudes who were more NFL ready.
So you are like 12?

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I think he’s coming into a perfect situation not only learning from Sam Bradford but being developed by a well respected OC like Mike McCoy.
What a rough year that was. Things went to crap after Bruce walked out the door.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The broken tackles thing is dumb.

You know who lead the league in broken tackles this year? Nico Collins.
You know how many tackles he broke? 16.

Second was Deebo Samuel with 12 in 18 games. If something that will happen less than once per game is convincing you to go a different direction, you're probably doing it wrong.
There's actually a high correlation between broken tackle leaders in college and actually sucking in NFL. It's better to not have to break tackles because you are running by so many players.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There's actually a high correlation between broken tackle leaders in college and actually sucking in NFL. It's better to not have to break tackles because you are running by so many players.
Correlation is not causation, though. I imagine there's a high correlation between a lot of factors and sucking in the NFL, because it's really hard to succeed in the NFL and not many people do it. Look at the high correlation between starting QBs at Ohio State and failure in the NFL. Or defensive tackle prospects that I really like and failure in the NFL.

Checking on a relative black swan event like a broken tackle seems like a go-nowhere thing. A lot of people are confusing priorities/incentives at this time of year. These draft dudes have to publish content. Then they have to get eyes on it.

That's why they're shaking up their mock drafts in crazy ways. They'll settle back to the mean as we get closer to the draft and some folks get concerned about accuracy or whatever.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do these also need to push smokescreens for the teams in exchange for scoops?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Do these also need to push smokescreens for the teams in exchange for scoops?
It's all content for the mill. No one remembers anything that Schefter tweets unless it's truly deplorable.

Those who don't know, talk. Those who talk don't know. Steve Keim LOVED talking to the media and leaking nonsense. As he became unglued, he decided it was very smart to cut his newly-extended QB off at the legs for reasons that remain mysterious.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I would like to see a contested ball correlation from college to NFL.
I think that trait is bogus when projecting to the NFL.
If you’re nut getting open in college, which is why its contested, you’re not sniffing getting open in the NFL.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like to see a contested ball correlation from college to NFL.
I think that trait is bogus when projecting to the NFL.
If you’re nut getting open in college, which is why its contested, you’re not sniffing getting open in the NFL.
I see your point, but I think more contested college throws are because of poor thrown passes instead of WR’s not getting open.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I see your point, but I think more contested college throws are because of poor thrown passes instead of WR’s not getting open.
I dunno. In a lot of college game I watch it seems like dudes are running wide open just as a design feature of the offense. That's what the Air Raid is really about: run to space and let's agree on how.

That's why the Air Raid doesn't translate directly to the NFL -- the field is the same size but players are so much faster mentally and physically that the space closes so fast you have to have crazy coordination to get those passes layered in.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
People overthinking MHJ is wild.
Monti is going to overthink it into another PJJ situation.

What's even more wild is how many fans are pre-excited to pass on MHJ for an extremely ordinary pass rusher + magic beans. I totally get the argument that when you don't have a left tackle you should maybe take that first if there's a great prospect. Now we don't have an urgent need at LT so they're looking at the next need down the line.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People overthinking MHJ is wild.
Even with concussion last year, I have zero hesitation taking him and will be extremely disappointed if we don't. He was ready for the NFL at 19.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media