Zac Allen and Byron Murphy are free agents

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lmao. can't imagine paying him 16 mil, that's silly.

People that think a guy that not a top slot guy, has not remotely sniffed a pro bowl, and has less than a seasons worth of snaps at outside corner is going to get CB1 money are crazy in my opinion.

I don't get it. Would anyone give Isaiah Oliver $16m? And he's an actual career outside corner.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
lmao. can't imagine paying him 16 mil, that's silly.
I can understand people who struggle to recognize what it takes to retain good players. Not a lot of experience in that category for the Cardinals recently. Especially at premium positions.

It is interesting to see how people can justify letting young talent walk from a roster devoid of young talent.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That only happens if we don't sign any qualifying free agents in return. If these guys get top of the market deals and play a lot in 2023, we'll get a third-round comp pick for each...

... as long as we don't sign any qualifying free agents in return. Those are players who reached unrestricted free agency and were not cut by their current teams.

If we're entering a full rebuild this summer (bottoming out the roster to maximize comp picks in 2024), it will be deeply embarrassing that we're doing so with only a humiliating late-season collapse and beatdown in the Wild Card round to show for it.

Houston Texans-level work.

You must be registered for see images attach
If this is the direction (and it is early) how this ends in anything other than Kyler demanding a trade next offseason is beyond me. Why would he want to tie himself to this?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can understand people who struggle to recognize what it takes to retain good players. Not a lot of experience in that category for the Cardinals recently. Especially at premium positions.

It is interesting to see how people can justify letting young talent walk from a roster devoid of young talent.
you pay a premium talent premium money. you don't pay Byron Murphy Jalen Ramsey money just to retain him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If this is the direction (and it is early) how this ends in anything other than Kyler demanding a trade next offseason is beyond me. Why would he want to tie himself to this?
I imagine that if the OL looks awful over the first half-dozen games or so Kyler sits out most of the season. Maybe he makes a Deshaun Watson like return.

If promise doesn’t coalesce in the last half of the year, I can imagine trade talk begins. Michael would probably lose his mind. If Monti looks like Nic Caserio and not Trent Baalke it’s going to be another interesting session in 2024.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
230 million reasons. Paying a QB top money is a nice way to reward them, but the requisite challenges in roster building are the tough reality.
I think we can identify that Kyler demanding his extension a year early and costing the Cardinals a year of him on a rookie deal as exhibit 1 that he does not care about that at all.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I imagine that if the OL looks awful over the first half-dozen games or so Kyler sits out most of the season. Maybe he makes a Deshaun Watson like return.

If promise doesn’t coalesce in the last half of the year, I can imagine trade talk begins. Michael would probably lose his mind. If Monti looks like Nic Caserio and not Trent Baalke it’s going to be another interesting session in 2024.
Yeah...seems like the plan of two first time guys who don't recognize how narrow the path of success they are forcing themselves to walk.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
All those players are better than Murphy though. Most far better.

All of them except Davis have Pro Bowls and All Pros. Murphy hasn't even proven he's an outside corner. Never mind CB1.

He's not even proven he's a top 10 slot.

Davis is his ceiling. He's far closer to Donte Jackson or DJ Reed who got sub $12 last year.

Of course FA is nuts and teams often over pay.
I thought the same thing about Kirk. I was wrong. And I think you will learn your lesson shortly about the free market and what winning franchises will do for a Lombardi trophy. Buckle up sir.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think we can identify that Kyler demanding his extension a year early and costing the Cardinals a year of him on a rookie deal as exhibit 1 that he does not care about that at all.
So all the other recent QB's who got extensions after year 3 are the same as Kyler, in that regard?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
you pay a premium talent premium money. you don't pay Byron Murphy Jalen Ramsey money just to retain him.
You are paying Byron Murphy JC Jackson money. His age peers are Denzel Ward and Jaire Alexander and it would be 4 and 5 mil LESS than them. Fans as biased because they have seen the player develop. They have seen the rough patches. That was K9s point. The facts are that Murphy is one of the top young CBs in the NFL and he is about to get compensated like it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So all the other recent QB's who got extensions after year 3 are the same as Kyler, in that regard?
Yes. It was not the focus and was not viewed as a problem they couldn't overcome. However, where they will stick, Kyler will bail. Those other guys haven't had a veteran player say they need to grow up and be a man.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I thought the same thing about Kirk. I was wrong. And I think you will learn your lesson shortly about the free market and what winning franchises will do for a Lombardi trophy. Buckle up sir.
You have to want to learn to learn. You have to recognize where you were wrong in the past to learn. You have to listen to learn.

Some people would just prefer to try to make the same argument they have made in the past despite being proven wrong in hopes that for once, they get to be right based upon sheer odds probability. Blind squirrels and nuts plan.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Yes. It was not the focus and is not viewed as a problem they couldn't overcome. However, where they will stick, Kyler will bail. Those other guys haven't had a veteran player say they need to grow up and be a man.
No idea why you keep saying Kyler will bail. If he wanted to bail, he would have before now. Heck, he could easily have just said, I'm done, after injuring his knee...taken the money and ran.

A lot of what the fans have clamored for, regarding his image, he has done to an extent...including charitable things and rehabbing in AZ. What he needs to do, IMO, and this is part of the growing up that Beachum mentioned, is to be proactive with these things and not reactive. I don't think he's ever going to satisfy the fans, when it comes to just being in the public eye...but I honestly don't care about that stuff. He doesn't need to date a Kardashian or do a million Wrangler commercials, to prove he's the face of the franchise. Give me wins and show through actions on the field you have the respect of your teammates.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You have to want to learn to learn. You have to recognize where you were wrong in the past to learn. You have to listen to learn.

Some people would just prefer to try to make the same argument they have made in the past despite being proven wrong in hopes that for once, they get to be right based upon sheer odds probability. Blind squirrels and nuts plan.

Use my name. Don't be a *****.

If you're going to take cheap shots at least don't do it from half a mile away.

Would this be me learning like when you spent 20 posts arguing that Jim Caldwell wouldn't take a non HC job?

You think he's getting $16m? Let's do this then. If he breaks $15.5m I'll log off until the draft. If he gets $13.5m or less you log off until the draft. Anything in between we can call a tie.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Use my name. Don't be a *****.

If you're going to take cheap shots at least don't do it from half a mile away.

Would this be me learning like when you spent 20 posts arguing that Jim Caldwell wouldn't take a non HC job?

You think he's getting $16m? Let's do this then. If he breaks $15.5m I'll log off until the draft. If he gets less than $13.5m you log off until the draft. Anything in between we can call a tie.
Ooooh, a loser leaves town match, WWE style! :thewave:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
temps are running really high over here on the Cards boards.

We all love the same thing. We may love it more than the players or the owner but we still all love it. #GentleFistBumpsToEveryone

I need to be nice over here or I will just implode faster over on the Suns board where the literal sky is falling.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We all love the same thing. We may love it more than the players or the owner but we still all love it. #GentleFistBumpsToEveryone

Temps are fine. Cheap shots are not.

The rules are a bit weird round here regarding personal attacks. Call someone a tool or dick and get a time out. Write a 1000 word essay attacking someone's intelligence or integrity and it's fine.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I need to be nice over here or I will just implode faster over on the Suns board where the literal sky is falling.
what are the odds we can get our guy Mikal back? they can keep the other assets.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No idea why you keep saying Kyler will bail. If he wanted to bail, he would have before now. Heck, he could easily have just said, I'm done, after injuring his knee...taken the money and ran.

A lot of what the fans have clamored for, regarding his image, he has done to an extent...including charitable things and rehabbing in AZ. What he needs to do, IMO, and this is part of the growing up that Beachum mentioned, is to be proactive with these things and not reactive. I don't think he's ever going to satisfy the fans, when it comes to just being in the public eye...but I honestly don't care about that stuff. He doesn't need to date a Kardashian or do a million Wrangler commercials, to prove he's the face of the franchise. Give me wins and show through actions on the field you have the respect of your teammates.
I say "Kyler will bail" because he has not shown the willingness to endure a bad situation. He says "Winning is everything" and he is not going to stick around on a loser. Whether that is demanding a trade or retiring, Kyler will not be content hanging on a losing team, with a bad roster, and putting up mediocre numbers.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Do we know how Murphy’s back injury is?
Not sure there's been much of an update...however, I do believe I've ready, recently, that due to the injury, he's willing to take a 1 year deal with Cards, to prove his health and reset his value...of course, this depends on what other teams ultimately offer.